Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/6/2006 6:11:33 PM EDT
I've heard mixed answers among several FFLs, does anyone know for sure if the OOW 1918A3 SLR BAR is legal in CA?

It has no pistol grip and no FH as far as I'm concerned.  It might have a threaded muzzle but I don't think that's considered an evil feature per the CA AWB.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:32:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Legal. I've only ever seen two for sale. One at a show and one at a shop.

Both times I went back with cash in hand.

Both times I was too late.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:42:44 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Legal. I've only ever seen two for sale. One at a show and one at a shop.

Both times I went back with cash in hand.

Both times I was too late.

pics?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:16:47 AM EDT
[#3]
It would be nostalgic  to own one, but the cost is around $2500 and they weigh a ton.

You're better of getting an M1a
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 11:30:27 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
It would be nostalgic  to own one, but the cost is around $2500 and they weigh a ton.

I wish they were $2,500.00!

They're $2850/ $3050 new from OOW. Used prices were about the same as new.

www.ohioordnanceworks.com/slr/pic.htm

I found a used one in a shop locally that was an earlier .308 version. Of course it was sold before I found it.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 12:48:26 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I too checked into the 1919 by Ohio Gunworks, 10 years ago it WAS $2,500, but I got overruled, by the other half.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top