Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 4/6/2006 10:55:03 AM EDT
The best auto shop in LA, bar none, is ISE (E-say) Automotive on Hillhurst.

I have gone there many times over the past 5-6 years and this is just an example of their sterling work ethic. I was just back home for a quick visit and brought my truck down for the once over, and as expected, after inspection half the services suggested by other mechanics were deemed not necessary by ISE. Further my girlfriend was ready to drive her rust bucket up after another mechanic took $270 off her grandfather for a tune up etc. two weeks earlier. I asked ISE to look it over and they recommended not even driving the car home: it was leaking every fluid except washer, belts were cracked, bushings shot, it only had one good tire- and that had a nail in it. Charge for examining her car? Not a dime. It would have been $49, but after they got the full view they declined to charge.

They are not the cheapest, but they give you straight answers, and rest assured all work will be done correctly and completely. Honesty and integrity like theirs would be a bargain at three times the price.

Just thought I'd pass on one of the best things I've ever found from 25 years in So-Cal.
ISE Automotive
1774 Hillhurst Ave
663-8013

Cheers
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 9:04:09 PM EDT
area code and city
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 11:22:20 AM EDT
On another note; One of those "investigative" news reporters, I think it is Joel Grover, always uses ISE to certify cars before they go on stings to see which oil change or auto repair shops are ripping people off. ISE and another place were the only two out of something like 20 shops that did not inflate the services/charges needed during the first sting.

area code and city

323, between Hollywood and Silverlake

Cheers
Top Top