Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/28/2006 11:17:06 AM EDT
i remember hearing something about a CMP match where you can buy a garand at camp pendelton. i would like to get my first/only garand so if i could choose in person that would be great.
any info you can share will help. thanks
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:41:39 PM EDT
[#1]
There's a CMP sanctioned John C Garand match at Pendleton in June. You might call them and ask if they know if the CMP will be there with rifles.

Civilian Marksmanship Program John C. Garand Match
Date: Sunday June 11, 2006
Time: 7:30 am - 1:30 pm
Type: Club Event  (Public)
Location:Wilcox Range Complex, Rifle Range 103, Marine Corps Base, Camp Pendleton

Street: Located off Stagecoach Road, 33 Area, Camp Margarita

City/State/Zip: Camp Pendleton, California 92055

Phone:(760) 439-9412
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:04:48 PM EDT
[#2]
See, I knew he'd chime in
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 12:14:55 PM EDT
[#3]
You are probably referring to the CMP Western Games.  This series of matches occurs in early November at Pendleton.  There may be other CMP-type events there but I do not think the CMP sales people attend those.  

Of course, November is not all that far off and it would be a blast to attend the matches.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:49:00 AM EDT
[#4]
I went to the CMP Western games last year. It was my first match other than reduced course (ie. first one with target pits). It was very friendly, with lots of help for newbs. The CMP had lots of nice rifles on display, cherry-picked from their stock. It's a great event. I encourage everyone to give it a try.

Here an article about last Nov. games:

www.odcmp.org/1105/default.asp?page=WGAMES

The next one is set of Nov 4-12, 2006
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 9:19:39 AM EDT
[#5]
CMP will also be at the Big Reno Show in August in conjunction with the Garand Collectors Association Convention.  They will have rifles for sales selection.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:07:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top