Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/25/2006 4:52:04 PM EDT
Heading to y'all neck of the woods in early July - round abouts the 5th or so.  Be there four days around Sea World (Anaheim), and would like to spend some time with my brothers here doing a few things.

First, I want to go offshore fishing for a day (maybe two and spend the night on the boat?).  Fishing for what doesn't matter.  Just something to fish for, good conversation, a few cold ones, and meat to bring home.  I'm trying to keep this cheap, so if perhaps one of y'all can take me fishing...?

Also, a Sea World visit!  Coolness factor 0, but good for me and if anyone wants to tag along....

Finally, I'd like to get together with anyone here while there for a few beers and steaks at a nice place to eat.  I know, I know...  AZ dude, must be a dick.  No, I'm not.  

Just want a vacation, and look forward to spending some time with my buddies at ARFCOM.  Can we all get together, and definately do some fishing?  How much and how far if I stay in Anaheim?

Thanks folks, and the beer is on me!

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 5:15:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I think you might be confused. Disnyland is in Anaheim, Sea World is in San Diego.  If you looking for a good fishing trip look  HERE. For a good steak, check HERE.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 5:26:49 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I think you might be confused. Disnyland is in Anaheim, Sea World is in San Diego.  If you looking for a good fishing trip look  HERE. For a good steak, check HERE.

DOH!

The lady that will be joining me wants Sea World.  So I guess it is SD.  

Anyone want to rent a boat for 24 hours?  Go in on it together, we can all have a blast for a lot less.  
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 5:40:18 PM EDT
[#3]
July 5th? Don't (ley anyone know you are going to) bring fireworks, and don't expect to buy anything cool here. Pretty much if it sparkles or gives off smoke it's ok; if it explodes, shoots, flies, etc then you won't be able to find it here without 'special' help. So if you like that sort of thing, then come after the 4th (like you are planning).

Sea World is cool, but for guys it doesn't seem to hold their appeal like it does with women. Still, gets you the MAD points with whatever girl you bring (wife, daughter, friend, boss, etc). Disneyland is also a great place to go, but it sounds like you aren't too interested in going there. Six Flags is for big boys and if you like rollercoasters it would be a sin to come here and not go there. If you are going to Sea World you could also hit the San Diego Zoo while you're at it. It's only the world's biggest and best, so why not.

Fishing is one of those things I have wanted to get into for a long time but haven't yet. Wish I could help, but I can't. Sorry.

In my opinion, California doesn't seem to do the nice resturaunt thing well. Don't get me wrong, there are VERY nice places but more or less it will be a chain or a second rate nice place like Olive Garden. Because of that I would suggest getting tips for local places from people in your area. If you like Japanese grill stuff, there is a place called Kobe in the Palm Springs area. It's kind of pricey but nice, plus you get the traditional Japanese grill entertainment.

Outside of fishing, what else are you interested in doing? Obviously we have some nice beaches if you like that sort of thing, shopping for any lady friends that are coming, the Hollywood sites (just know where you are going). There's plenty of stuff to do, and if you give us an idea of what you're interested in we can better guide you.

PS. There are a lot of us here, and without full firearm rights most of us only have drinking to do for a past time/money sink. You sure you want to offer free drinks?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:29:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Try posting on Calguns. There are quite a few people there from the San Diego area/
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:14:28 PM EDT
[#5]
www.daveyslocker.com/
Been fishing with them a few times, always nice guys and knew where to go.

U.S.S. Midway
Cool thing to visit in San Diego Harbor.

And if you really want to impress the woman you are going with.. take her on one of these.
Hot Air Balloon Rides

Very cool to do right at sunset.

-d
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:34:25 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Sea World is cool, but for guys it doesn't seem to hold their appeal like it does with women.

not true.. hot chicks in little clothes.. that get wet.

and.. if you work the beer tasting area right you can pull down 91oz of anhuiser busch products for free... let me tell you that makes for a GREAT day at the sea world.

i had an annual pass for a year.

im gonna have to agree with dizza on the daveys locker, they have a good rep.  I worked for sport chalet in so cali, so dealt a lot with fishing.. now i work for sport chalet in AZ...not that much salt water stuff going here.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 11:46:57 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Visiting CA beg of Jul, and need thing to do - fishing and Sea World

They will not let you fish at Sea World.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:34:07 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Visiting CA beg of Jul, and need thing to do - fishing and Sea World

They will not let you fish at Sea World.

Bah!  What they don't know won't hurt em.

BTW:  What's a good IWB holster for a Zebco Rhino 6 1/2' medium action rod with baitcasting reel?  Do they make a 7 model that is not detectable by metal detectors?

You know, just asking.  I would never dream of smuggling a fishing pole into the aquarium!

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:18:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Avoid Disneyland like the PLAGUE on or about the 4th of July.  That is one of the busiest days of the year.  We were running out of places to shoehorn cars into parking spaces last year when I got off and I got off at 1 in the afternoon.  Two big fireworks shows, etc. You would be waiting in lines for just about everything, it would be miserable. I work part-time down there in the Parking and Transportation Department and can confirm that Summer vacation days are too crowded on a regular day.  ANY holiday is way too crowded.  

You know what can be a hell of a lot of fun in the summer in San Diego, get tickets for a Shakespeare play at the  Old Globe or Festival Theatre outdoor stage in Balboa Park.   A bottle of wine, picnic dinner on the green by the theatres, we used to get pizza or sandwiches from Fillipi's Piza Grotto on India Street.  They used to have a little pre-show.  Makes for a fun evening.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:02:33 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Heading to y'all neck of the woods in early July - round abouts the 5th or so.  Be there four days around Sea World (Anaheim), and would like to spend some time with my brothers here doing a few things.

Yep, PaDanby's right.  July 4th weekend, is going to be packed around all of the tourist areas.  Maybe you can do a BBQ at your bro's place and just hang out.  Traveling could be expensive as some have been predicting $3+ per gallon of gas.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:12:35 AM EDT
[#11]
10-4 on avoiding Disneyland.

I was really hoping for some offshore fishing, and the links you all provided are appreciated.  Are those fishing boats usually crowded around that time of year, too?  Didn't even dawn on me that the 4th would not be a good time to travel.  3 bucks a gallon?  
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:10:11 AM EDT
[#12]

3 bucks a gallon?  hock.gif

It's around $2.79 a gallon now where I live, i'm sure it will be around $3.25 - 3.50 a gallon thenhinking.gif
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 1:50:43 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
First, I want to go offshore fishing for a day (maybe two and spend the night on the boat?).  Fishing for what doesn't matter.  Just something to fish for, good conversation, a few cold ones, and meat to bring home.  I'm trying to keep this cheap, so if perhaps one of y'all can take me fishing...?

I assume are you planning to fish on a party boat out of one of the landings around here?  I can assure you that the fares won't be cheap, as diesel fuel is sky high.  BTW, if you plan to fish you will need a fishing license.  The game wardens are pretty anal about it, so be prepared to spend some bucks on an out of state fishing license.

If you want something cheap to do you can down to the OC beaches and oogle at the girls, but you've got to get there early otherwise the parking spaces will fill up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top