Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/25/2006 9:24:57 AM EDT
If anyone has any pictures of their California legal ARs, eg. fab10, Vulcan or newly off listed 10round fixed builds; please post your pictures in this thread. I am trying to get an idea of what others have done to theirs. I have a Fab 10 that I have been working on since early 2004 and a Vulcan fixed 10rd lower that I am in the process of building.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:58:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Hi
I'm new to the forum does any one know wear I can get a fab10, Vulcan or newly off listed lower in the Sac area and do you think the fixed mag lower will make the list if they up date it.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:12:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Read this... http://www.calguns.net/a_california_arak.htm  and check the forums at Calguns.net.  They are still having group-buys on lowers.

As far as fixed mag lowers, they will probably not get listed since they are now part of the AW list nor do they become AW even if built up.  The current DOJ letter stating that off-list lowers still need fixed mags after it's listed probably will be challenge and go away.

BUT... don't take my word for it.  Research the topic and make your own call.  

~nb
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:58:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I just built my second off-list, fixed mag....pictures to follow  
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 2:51:19 PM EDT
[#4]
why the hell would anyone put a magpul on a permanent mag?
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:37:11 PM EDT
[#5]
tactical
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:53:36 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
why the hell would anyone put a magpul on a permanent mag?

makes it look more evil?

NICE!
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 12:25:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Stops the mag from hitting the forearm
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 2:46:55 AM EDT
[#8]
It's like Family Feud

I'm sorry, and the survey says..."So people from other states don't make fun of you when you post pictures online at a gun forum."
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 11:54:14 PM EDT
[#9]
christ0ph, don't be a dolt, I told you why, "since it looks a hell of a lot better."

Kalifornia, from whos perspective?

"Stops the mag from hitting the forearm"
Good point Skammy.

Neo, people from other states don't need pics of our sad california legal guns to make fun of them.

I am being honest here, I really just don't like the way the slant mag looks. It makes the gun look vietnam era. I am wondering if it is worth the trouble to switch out to the more modern looking bushmaster 10rd mag, that is why I requested a picture. I don't care about the ten round restriction, I have other weapons for situations requiring more. It sucks, but I am over it.

I am still waiting for a lot of parts and such, but I will post some pics asap.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 9:19:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Here are a couple of my Cal-Legals. ( JP Enterprises CTR-02 Receivers ) I bought these uppers sometime ago and was running them on registered lowers. With the situations as it stands now here in California I was able to buy matching lowers for my uppers. The blue one is didicated .22. I hope to register them as assault weapons in the future. If not I really don't mind the permanently fixed 10 round magazine.

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:18:39 PM EDT
[#11]
This is the Vulcan as of right now.

http://www.geocities.com/hatter665/vulcan.jpg
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 1:37:05 PM EDT
[#12]
http://www.geocities.com/hatter665/hatfab10.jpg

Fab 10, this is a pic of it with the same upper as above, my new upper for the fab10 is still in the mail. Pics ASAP.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 1:11:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Received my second new Del-Ton upper today. Here is a picture of them both side by side.

http://geocities.com/hatter665/ncfirearms2.jpg
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top