Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/22/2006 6:33:04 PM EDT
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=6&t=193287

does anyone have any clue as to the legality of this stock here in cali?  i know they are being sold here, but have heard conflicting stories bout them being legal and all due to the pistol grip type shape.. anyone have any info?
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:39:52 PM EDT
[#1]
BADASS!!!
I remember a posting here several months ago with a stock like that and IIRC it was legal.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:47:12 PM EDT
[#2]
anybody
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 2:33:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Legal
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:36:23 AM EDT
[#4]
A pistol grip is defined as to where the webbing of the hand (thumb to first finger) ca be placed in relationship to the location of the top of the trigger. For ANY stock to be technically legal in KAli, the webbing of the hand cannot be equal to or lower than the top of the trigger. That stock looks just fine, as the hand placement is over the top of the trigger.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 10:30:57 AM EDT
[#5]
I would agree it is legal, however I would advise seeking appropriate legal advise on the subject matter.  Just a little heads up, the stock is a dream match up with a supermatch model M1A.  There is a cut out for the rear lug, and even though there is no means to secure the rear lug, it is not necessary with the mounting style they incorporate.  I put a Leupold MRT 2.5-8x 36 with M3 knobs and it is a phenomenal combination.

According to the company they wanted to submit it for approval to the DOJ, but DOJ said they only give opinions on firearms not accessories.  There is less of a drop in the stock than an Mc Millan M3A, which has been for sale here for quite a while.  Since bedding is not required, the JAE100 is a huge deal.  This stock was made by a Californian who wanted a stock that would give us in California something the rest of the nation would be envious of.  The story of the company is really neat.  

I might sound like a sales person for the company, but I am not.  Their customer support is outstanding and the owners are very friendly people.  I would highly recommend this stock. Not that my opinion means too much.  OH YEAH! did I mention 100 yard Sub-MOA five shot group off a bipod without the rear supported, highly recommend it.    

Saint
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:34:21 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
highly recommend it.    

Saint

pix pix
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:02:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:11:06 PM EDT
[#8]
He tells you further in the topic where the previous topic was (m14 forums) and it has a contact link. The problem is they aren't public yet, but are for sale, so you won't find it via google. The only thing I remember was a $600 price tag.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:26:58 AM EDT
[#9]
From what I heard, ArmUSA in Anaheim is selling them but there is a wait.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:49:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Sorry no pics as of yet..  Micronut, I thought you saw it in person. If not i'll bring it by.  try www.jae100.com  they now have a section about their goal and the legality of the stock.  
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:26:14 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Sorry no pics as of yet..  Micronut, I thought you saw it in person. If not i'll bring it by.  try www.jae100.com  they now have a section about their goal and the legality of the stock.  

just wanted to see more pix.. that was all..  
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:28:34 PM EDT
[#12]
just looked it over.. they have confirmed which is good news..   wish they would post some paperwork or something so i can hand it over to the owner..  well see what happens
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:19:21 PM EDT
[#13]
I read the various threads about the JAE stock. All were long on pictures and verbal orgasms, but short on technical details.
Is the JAE stock built on an aluminum frame like the Accuracy International AICS?
How does the stock interface with the lugs on the M1A receiver?
Is the cheekpiece adjustable?
Is the buttplate adjustable for length of pull?
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:33:09 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I read the various threads about the JAE stock. All were long on pictures and verbal orgasms, but short on technical details.
Is the JAE stock built on an aluminum frame like the Accuracy International AICS?
How does the stock interface with the lugs on the M1A receiver?
Is the cheekpiece adjustable?
Is the buttplate adjustable for length of pull?

The stock is similar in look only to the AI Stock.  There are two titanium lugs that grab ahold of your action and then are held in place by allen bolts, so your trigger group can be removed without affecting the bedding.  The aluminum bedding block runs the entire length of the stock, and even down into the buttstock area.  The outer layer, is not plastic like the AI, and  was described to me as a proprietary polymer.  This has the same feel as either fibreglass or aramid, but I could just be feeling the texture of the paint.  The grip is rubberized and if your worried about it falling off, it won't (trade secret of some kind).  The butt stock recoil pad is really soft, not that the M1A kicks that much, but if you had bad placement in your shoulder, it wouldn't matter with this thing.  It reminds me of gel inserts from a good pair of running shoes (Gellin like Magellan).    

All four noticable features on the stock are adjustable with shims that are provided, the length of pull, the cheek rest, the off hand rest (button hook) and grip.  The picatinny rail interface on the bottom of the stock forearm is also removable, and reveals a standard forearm rail for all those type of options.  It seems like everwhere you look, there is a sling attachment built into the stock.  The stock is well built and when you see it in person, you really will be amazed at the quality.      
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:00:00 PM EDT
[#15]
saint,
thanks for your input
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top