Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/16/2006 5:22:20 PM EDT
Located on Exposition in West LA? That place is 5 minutes from my apartment but I only find it in the NRA range listing listed as a "private" range. I couldn't find any other info on that place.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:05:42 PM EDT
I looked into that range when I was first looking for a range. I hear it is real nice and has nice memembers, but that it has started to go downhill in the last few years. I am pretty sure it's open to the public on most days, and if I remember right they have a long range area that stretches out past 600 yards. Never personally been there but have always wanted to go at least once.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:38:05 PM EDT
Neoweird,
I believe you're talking about the WestEND Gun Club in Lytle Creek and foogoo's talking about a range on the WestSIDE of L.A. I don't think there'd be a spare 600yds of space anywhere near Exposition!

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 12:12:25 AM EDT

Originally Posted By MrBen:
Neoweird,
I believe you're talking about the WestEND Gun Club in Lytle Creek and foogoo's talking about a range on the WestSIDE of L.A. I don't think there'd be a spare 600yds of space anywhere near Exposition!

Ah yes, you are correct. I just read right over Westside and it registered as West End. Can I claim "yDlsiexa"?
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 1:26:14 PM EDT
Formally known as The Beverly Hills Gun Club ?
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 2:02:42 PM EDT
Yeah, I remember a Beverly Hills Gun Club on Exposition in W LA, they could have changed their name. It was a public indoor shooting range.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 2:43:10 PM EDT
Hm well a search of Beverly Hills Gun Club didn't turn up anythin either. Maybe I'll drop by or give them a call to see what the deal is. It would be great to have somewhere to shoot without needing to drive 30 minutes.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:23:43 PM EDT
From the mid 80's until it closed, I was a weekly / 3-4 times a week shooter-practiced/trained , told lies and shot the breeze there. I still have several 5 gallon buckets full of various caliber brass that I policed, brass monkeyed, swept up and liberated from there.
Usually afterwards my crew and I would head over to TITO'S TACOS for a late night stuffing.

Shortly after the Beverly Hills Gun Club ceased to be, some other outfit took over. I visited exactly once, didn't even bring any guns.

The place attracted lots of Hollywood types, as well as Bus loads of tourists / vacationers wanting to shoot a "Dirty Harry" gun.

Rawiat1 out.
Top Top