Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2006 9:47:56 AM EDT
The only one I've been to is Insight, but they are closed tomorrow and that might be the only day I have time to shoot.

What other OC indoor range have you been to that you would recommend? Please only ones you've been to, I've heard stories about some of the ranges around here and don't want to waste an afternoon going to a junkie range.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:03:59 AM EDT
[#1]

I have heard a few people say good things about the OC Sheriffs range, but i have never been. I do know they keep some odd hours sometimes, but if you call ahead you should be fine. I wish there was more decent ranges around here. Most of the places i've checked out online say they dont allow HP ammo and thats about all i seem to have right now since I buy in bulk and just happened to end up with a lot.

I'd like to start going on my lunch to do some shooting.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 11:17:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Firing Line
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:20:51 PM EDT
[#3]
evans has an indoor rage as well as the oc sherriffs range.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:02:48 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Firing Line

I bought a membership at The Firing Line.  The bald guy with the goatee hooked me up and let my friend and girlfriend shoot for free the day I bought the membership.  All we paid for was the ammo that we used in the rental guns (which were free with my membership).  
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:07:48 PM EDT
[#5]
The Firing Line in HB is good.  Very clean, very professional, everything is in great shape.  Its not that big so it gets pretty loud IMO.

I do most of my shooting at On Target in Laguna Niguel.  They have more lanes than the Firing Line, so there's always a better chance of more lane availability.  The fact that its bigger is makes it a little easier on the ears too.  The rules are not as restrictive as the Firing Line, but I don't believe safety is compromised.  They have a pretty good store there too.  It was just taken over by a new owner and he has big plans, good plans.

I've been to Evan's in Anaheim and will never go back.  It is small and the prices are big.  A real hole in the ground.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:19:46 PM EDT
[#6]
On Target in Laguna Niguel. Clean... there was this butthead that used to work there but I havent seen him there the last few times I was there... We even have an ARFCOMMER that works there...

Lets see if you can guess who.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:29:34 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Firing Line

I bought a membership at The Firing Line.  The bald guy with the goatee hooked me up and let my friend and girlfriend shoot for free the day I bought the membership.  All we paid for was the ammo that we used in the rental guns (which were free with my membership).  

You must be talking about Gary, he's a great guy as are the rest of the people that work there.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 11:20:51 PM EDT
[#8]
oc indoor range in brea.

Not all whizz bang, but its always got a lane open and I like the people there.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:02:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Is the OC Sheriff's range open to the public?

ETA:  Where in Anaheim is the range located?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:27:16 AM EDT
[#10]
OC range has two sides; the right side is open to the public.  Usual rules - no rifles, flamethrowers, samurai swords, etc...  Closed mon and tue, sometimes closed for training.  You may see sworn staff with rifles, but not allowed for public.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 9:08:23 AM EDT
[#11]
So are you allowed to shoot pistol caliber rifles in the OC Sheriff range?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 10:58:57 AM EDT
[#12]
+1 on evans it can be pricey but bring your own ammo duhh the ammo at fireing line is cheaper but it is reloads,  evans is selling winchester just bring a jacket it gets so cold in there that you can see your breath.  nice enviroment lots of LEO'S shoot there
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 1:12:41 PM EDT
[#13]
I honestly don't know if they (ocsd range) allow pistol cal rifles.  never saw any civies there them.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:35:06 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
So are you allowed to shoot pistol caliber rifles in the OC Sheriff range?

No, you're not.  It says you can't in a big sign above the front desk.  They claim that the velocities are too high for their backstop, but the funny thing is that you see some uniformed OCSD guys shooting .223's at the last few lanes.  Maybe that area of the backstop is re-inforced.  Either that, or they just have the no rifle policy for civvies.  It's their range, they can make the rules.

I used to be a member there, and it's a nice facility.  They provide targets and cardboard, you can digitally dial in how many feet away you want your target, etc.  The downsides, IMO, are the odd hours (no night time), and not available to shoot even pistol caliber rifles.  YMMV.

On Target in S. OC will allow you to shoot pistol caliber rifles, and even .223 frangible.  Another good thing is that if you're a member and attend X number of their matches, you can utilize bay2 for praticing drawing from the holster.  More details are explained on their website.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top