Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/22/2006 4:50:10 AM EDT
This is the answer to what you can't have and can. First of all the definition of an AW in Californis this

SEMIAUTO and DETACHABLE MAGAZINE

with any one of these

pistol grip
barrel less than 16 in,
rifle less than 26" in length
flash suppressor
threaded muzzle
can have more than 10 rounds
night vision optics
silencer
retractable/telescopic/folding stock

hole in the stock for a pistol grip
forward grip

Now if your rifle is semiauto and fixed magazine like the Bushmaster Carbon 15, Vulcan 15
you can have any of these options

pistol grip
flash suppressor
hole in the stock for pistol grip
forward grip

Also to answer questions about the BOLT ACTION rifles with a DETACHABLE MAGAZINE OR FIXED MAGAZINE. Note: Bolt action rifles dont fit into assualt weapons definition

It can have any of these configurations

pistol grip
flash suppressor
hole in stock for pistol grip
forward grip

If you doubt my info about the Bolt action rifle I got that directly from the CDOJ. They told me bolt action rifles are not regulated.  Of course you can't have a silencer on it

WHY because silencers are regulated by the Federal GOV'T the ATF.  People read what your fuckn gun rights are.  If you don't give a shit about reading up on it then get the fuck out of this forum and just don't own a fuckn gun. FUCK.

Hell I'll say it if you don't care enough to educate yourself what your rights are then don't complain everytime you think someone is fucking your over.  It's because you fucked yourself over and you are responsible.  The gun hating left wing mother fuckers, 1. Know their rights 2. Express their rights. 3. Passed legislation to reflect their rights.

They are the reason why I can't have my AR-15.

You, are a 1.Dumb ass ignorant motherfucker who don't know what your rights are 2. Because of that let the left wing mother fuckers pass gun control laws. 3. Get pissed off because of the gun control laws are in place and can't have your AR-15.

And you too are the reason why I can't have my AR-15.

All you gunowners in California who are mad because you can't own an AR-15, FUCKYOU.  I leave the country to serve my country for 4 fuckn years, putting my life on the line to protect YOUR 2nd AMENDMENT RIGHTS AND MINE and you gave it away to some Liberal mother fuckers.  I hope those Liberal mother fuckers take away all your fuckn guns.  People like you should not even have your 2nd Amendment rights in the first place.  If you are too ignorant to teach yourself what rights you have then you shouldn't have any to begin with.  You are the AMERICAN PIECE OF SHIT that are overfilling this great State of California and country of ours.  You are the people who I hate just as much as those fuckn terrorists and insurgents in Iraq.  Because there are American soldiers and Marines dying to protect your sorry piece of shit ass.

I hope my post and sheer existence pisses you off because motherfucker I hate your fuckn guts you sorry piece of fuckn shit.

If you where the few gun owners who rallied up against the Leftwing Liberal motherfuckers.  From the bottom of my heart I thank you.  You are the people that make me proud for serving America and being an American.  You are the people who give me strength when I endure hardship and burden of protecting America.  When I sacrafice time to be with my family and friends and country.  It is you Americans that make me proud.  Unfortunately there aren't enough of you.

For your fuckn Leftwing Liberal motherfuckers remember this.

Remeber that it is the soldier who gave his life for your freedom so that you may choose to spit in his face.
It is the soldier who gave his life for your freedom to protest so that you may rally against him when he is at war to protect your life.
It is the soldier who gave his life for your freedom to burn the flag of this country, the very flag that was drapped on his coffin.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:02:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Well now I'm really really confused, according to your definition of an AW, I can legally own an SKS with detachable magazine.  Aren't you missing something
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:43:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Oh, okay. Thanks. You're preaching to the choir here though. MOST of the people here are on your side.

Nice rant, btw.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:49:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:08:19 AM EDT
[#4]
He also doesn't understand what the nigitvision optics restrictions are.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:14:51 AM EDT
[#5]
He sure likes the F-Word.  

Nothing makes people take you more seriously than when you drop the F-Bomb 30 times in one breath, spelled out 40 different ways.  

And, for being an expert that wanted to rant, his information is incorrect/incomplete in so many ways.

LOL
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:23:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Hey CTT2,

Forget about it and go study for 1'st.  
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:59:50 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Well now I'm really really confused, according to your definition of an AW, I can legally own an SKS with detachable magazine.  Aren't you missing something

He didn't add the Roberti-Roos and Kalser lists of banned "Assault Weapons".  Which bans the SKS D, as well as the Springfield BM-59 which would be SB-23 compliant.

Yeah, our gun laws suck.

CA "AW" ID GUIDE: ag.ca.gov/firearms/forms/pdf/awguide.pdf

Kalser List: ag.ca.gov/firearms/infobuls/kaslist.pdf
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:54:12 AM EDT
[#8]
WOW!!!!!!  Pretty harsh and vocal for a NEWBIE. I'm sure glad  that he's around so that I know what I can and can't have. Or do I? Seems like others agree that there is some disinformation with his definitions. "Lighten up Frances".
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 10:37:04 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

For your f**** Leftwing Liberal motherfuckers remember this.

Other than the occassional trolls, they tend not to visit this forum. Like someone stated above..."preaching to the choir"
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 10:48:35 AM EDT
[#10]

Also to answer questions about the BOLT ACTION rifles with a DETACHABLE MAGAZINE OR FIXED MAGAZINE. Note: Bolt action rifles dont fit into assualt weapons definition

It can have any of these configurations

pistol grip
flash suppressor
hole in stock for pistol grip
forward grip

.50 caliber BMG bolt actions are AWs now too.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 11:33:50 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
with any one of these

pistol grip
barrel less than 16 in,
flash suppressor
threaded muzzle
night vision optics
silencer
forward grip

A threaded muzzle is not a restricted feature on any rifle.  That was from the federal AW ban.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 11:35:30 AM EDT
[#12]
We could pick the rant apart bit by bit but the sentiment is the same.

Also shows just how confusing the gun laws are in this place.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 12:23:13 PM EDT
[#13]

No, they are not AWs.  

50BMGs are banned & registered similarly to AWs but they are not AWs.
50BMG registration is separate from AW registration.  

Competely separate item legally.  Dealers who have a permit to deal in/repair 50BMGs cannot use that to deal in or repair AWs - and vice versa.

Bill Wiese
San Jose CA
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 2:23:54 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Oh, okay. Thanks. You're preaching to the choir here though. MOST of the people here are on your side.

Nice rant, btw.

Yeah, he's not bad for a new guy!
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 2:31:32 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

No, they are not AWs.  

50BMGs are banned & registered similarly to AWs but they are not AWs.
50BMG registration is separate from AW registration.  

Competely separate item legally.  Dealers who have a permit to deal in/repair 50BMGs cannot use that to deal in or repair AWs - and vice versa.

Bill Wiese
San Jose CA

Then how would you register a .50 BMG upper for a registered AW AR-15 lower?
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 2:34:19 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Then how would you register a .50 BMG upper for a registered AW AR-15 lower?

The .50 receiver is the registered part of the rifle, and a FAQ on the DOJ website states a registered AW can also be used as a .50, but not visa versa.  There's no need to register the upper.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:19:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Thanks, Chaingun, you beat me to it!

Bill Wiese
San Jose CA
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:35:23 PM EDT
[#18]
I've got a question...

Since only centerfire rifles are mentioned in SB23, does that mean I could get something like a 10/22 and add all the evil features I want, like a pistol grip and flash hider? What kind of restrictions are there on automatic rimfire rifles?
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:58:41 PM EDT
[#19]
You can go crazy with a R22 or 10/22 etc.

Make sure the total length is good to go though.

Quoted:
I've got a question...

Since only centerfire rifles are mentioned in SB23, does that mean I could get something like a 10/22 and add all the evil features I want, like a pistol grip and flash hider? What kind of restrictions are there on automatic rimfire rifles?

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:14:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Awesome. Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:19:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Sorry about studying for 1st.  As I am currently home on leave till the 15 of March.  Guess I won't be making rank damn.  Oh its gonna be the second time I miss the 1st Class test.  Not bad for being on the first enlistment.  Remember when you signed that contract and forfeit your Constitutional rights?  I did and it is the reason why I am leaving the Navy.  While my ass was on a boat in OIEF and OIF, been out of country for 5 1/2 years my second amendment rights were taken away by fuckn liberals.  What sucks balls was that I couldn't register my "Assualt Weapons" because I was physically not in California.  And it wasn't that I did not know about the registration deadlines, I knew when they were but could not do anything about it but just watch from 5000+ miles away.

But hey I have no one to blame really but myself, if I didn't join the Navy then I could have register my AW and been straight.  Guess it was my fault.

Clarity about t he nightvision, you cannot put a nightvision rifle scope on the rifle.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:25:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Ya know, you could have just posted a link to the California Weapons Primer, which is tacked at the top of this forum.

I guess you wouldn't be able to swear as much if you did that, though.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:32:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

with any one of these

pistol grip
barrel less than 16 in,
flash suppressor
threaded muzzle
night vision optics
silencer

forward grip

quote]

In California, a semi-auto centerfire longun needs to be minimum of 30."
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:41:23 PM EDT
[#24]
what a Long Long Rant.  

definitely a Newbie playing on Daddy's computer.

Lay off the crack, Son. u aint telling us nothing we dont already know about.

We've been behind enemy lines here in Commiefornia since 01/01/00.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 12:55:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 12:06:49 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Ya know, you could have just posted a link to the California Weapons Primer, which is tacked at the top of this forum.

I guess you wouldn't be able to swear as much if you did that, though.

ETA: Before you slap your .mil card on the table and go all-in, you should know there are more than a few combat vets that have also proudly served their country here.

NorCal

+1.  He also forgot to list Flare Launcher.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:50:43 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Sorry about studying for 1st.  As I am currently home on leave till the 15 of March.  Guess I won't be making rank damn.  Oh its gonna be the second time I miss the 1st Class test.  Not bad for being on the first enlistment.  Remember when you signed that contract and forfeit your Constitutional rights?  I did and it is the reason why I am leaving the Navy.  While my ass was on a boat in OIEF and OIF, been out of country for 5 1/2 years my second amendment rights were taken away by fuckn liberals.  What sucks balls was that I couldn't register my "Assualt Weapons" because I was physically not in California.  And it wasn't that I did not know about the registration deadlines, I knew when they were but could not do anything about it but just watch from 5000+ miles away.

But hey I have no one to blame really but myself, if I didn't join the Navy then I could have register my AW and been straight.  Guess it was my fault.

HO, wait up sec I sense a salty dog fleet sailor who is burnt out on sea duty! Hating on the Navy and probably some Chief or department head at that.  The CURE for that is SHORE DUTY, you need a break from all that haze grey and salt and your sea duty geographical-bachelor type senior leadership shipmates.  I KNOW where you're coming from.   Long time resident here PAUL (retired Master Chief) probably remembers my junior enlisted dumb ass hating on the Navy. Shit, he congratulated me when I made second and told me to go get my ESWS pin. I WAS the POSTER CHILD for hating the Navy.  You need to make rank, don't take leave during an exam and if you do there is make up exams.  I'm a 1'st class now with over 8yrs,  the house, the cars, and the Navy paying me $70K a year.  Doesn't sound like much but remember only pays are taxable and not allowances.  I don't pay into a 401K, or pay for medical benefits.  My $70K would require a hell of lot more in corporate America where all of your pay is taxable!  Believe me I have done some god damn research - I have the time! I'm a recruiter in the Los Angeles area.  I research my competition. I look at the classified ads on Sunday. I look at yahoo hot jobs, monster etc..  I attend career fairs and job expos regularly.   Firefighting, now that pays.

I have seen my fair share of college graduates who make half or considerably less that what I am pulling. I see college grads waiting tables and bartending years after they finally got their degree or working in some totally unrelated field.  I have had guys walk into my office who graduated from USC or Loyola Maramount and enlist in my Navy.   High school counselors telling kids to fucken get a degree in ART HISTORY...what the fuck is that going to do for a kid.  

Anyway pin the ten rounder in your lower or try and get a military assault weapons permit and see if it flies. Either way cheer up and grab a beer.  

MY RANT OFF.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top