Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2006 7:38:03 PM EDT
its surprising cuz i go to csun and my econ teacher is talking about fmj's, magazines, hollow points, and seems pretty well-versed in gun lingo. its funny i always assumed these teachers were superlibs but i was wrong. he's a dope guy. anyways, since im in class im gonna act like im doing work
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:28:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 10:44:33 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I instruct at the University of California Riverside and let slip an occassional gun reference.

What do you teach?  
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 10:44:46 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I instruct at the University of California Riverside and let slip an occassional gun reference.

You NEED to teach at Valley in San Bernardino, then I can get away with machining my trigger housing that was approved by my teacher and then denied once the head of the department found out about it.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:36:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:51:51 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
its surprising cuz i go to csun and my econ teacher is talking about fmj's, magazines, hollow points, and seems pretty well-versed in gun lingo. its funny i always assumed these teachers were superlibs but i was wrong. he's a dope guy. anyways, since im in class im gonna act like im doing work

What's his name?

When I was at CSUN (over 25 years ago) I knew a Libertarian econ prof.  Last time I looked on-line a few years ago, he was still there.

He would have been pro gun rights, but I'm not sure how much he would know about guns, unless things have changed.  He once asked me the strangest question anyone has ever asked me: "When you go backpacking, do you actually stay out overnight?"

A little sheltered, he was.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:55:32 AM EDT
[#6]
My daughter's 3rd grade teacher is an NRA member.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:15:11 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

that's because he/she's an ECON prof....

probably conservative.

although i know a bunch of ECON profs at cal state eastbay (hayward) are as left as can be.

where i am (staff), everyone's a lib until money is involved then, you know...  NO TAXES, blah, blah, blah...
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 12:00:18 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What's his name?

When I was at CSUN (over 25 years ago) I knew a Libertarian econ prof.  Last time I looked on-line a few years ago, he was still there.

He would have been pro gun rights, but I'm not sure how much he would know about guns, unless things have changed.  He once asked me the strangest question anyone has ever asked me: "When you go backpacking, do you actually stay out overnight?"

A little sheltered, he was.

his names Kenneth Ng. cool guy he is
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:33:15 PM EDT
[#9]
USC has a few more conservatives than most schools.  Herr Doktor Veislerr was forever beloved by many ROTC guys when back before the year I had him, he got so pissed at the war protestors he gave all the ROTC guys As on the Physics final.  A gesture very much appreciated by several of them.

Unfortunately most are ambivalent at best on guns because the majority of folks in the urban areas have little or no contact with guns.

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 12:42:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top