Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/4/2006 8:07:39 AM EDT
This is very interesting. Seems some people are fighting for our RKBA while other people just bitch about it on the internet.

The following have contributed $1,000 or more to the NRA Institute for the Legislative Action during Oct. 1 - Nov. 30, 2005:

Robert J Eichenberg, Newport Beach, CA;Tom Gaines, Chula Vista ,CA Gavin Garzee, San Francisco, CA; Thomas Hutton, Sana Clara, CA; T. King, Orlando FL; David Langley, Bellingham, WA; Gilbert Leonardon, Houston, TX; Robin Taylor, Perkasie, PA; California R&P Assoc. Inc., Fullerton, CA; Down East Enterprise, Inc., Cameden, ME; South Mississippi Gun Assoc., Gulfort, MS.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:16:59 AM EDT
[#1]
I gave the NRA $25 this month. While it's not 1k, atleast it's something.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:28:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Life member CRPA here.

Those in other states have no idea of the numbers of guns and gun owners in this state.  In 2000 I'll be there were more lawfully owned AR15's in the state of California than the rest of the country combined.

I dont get those who bag on Cali thinking the rest of the nation would be better off without California.

California is the source for 1/2 of the Marines.  recruits come from everywhere, they become Marines in MCRDSD or Paris Island.

The Navy also trains recruits as well as SEALs here.

Surefire flashlights are made here pretty much exclusively.  

Californias other contributions to the Gun culture:
Bianchi gunleather
Kings gunworks
Pachmyre
Strider Knives
Vang Comp
Toyota Tacoma trucks
TAG cordura gear (manufacturer of the RAID pack)
BOTACH (Okay thats a double edged sword)
IPSC was born here
all those movies like HEAT & Way of the Gun
Ceramic body armor plates for the troops are made here in orange county Calf.
Oakley Glasses and boots
MAGlight

Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:29:56 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Hey if 80 million gun owners each gave 25 bucks. We would rule the world!  Thank You!
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:51:18 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey if 80 million gun owners each gave 25 bucks. We would rule the world!  Thank You!

If 80 million gun owners joined the NRA, we'd rule the roust. Every gun owner who isn't a NRA member rides the coat tails of those of us who are members. Shame on them.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:55:52 AM EDT
[#5]
There are only the select few like us that DO give (I assume everyone else here gives) but we are the LAZIEST state in the union.. record low turnouts from the rebublican party during elections, Pro gunners that DID NOT want to sign the ANTI SB-23 petition because even though they were gun owners, they didnt like "Assault Weapons"

I dont know what kind of fire we can light under the asses of those that could help our cause. Im lost when it comes to that.

PLUS! you know whatever we throw at them, They will plaster the tv with their lies and misleading commercials. Remember Boxer during the presidential Bush/Kerry election... "There will be back alley abortions!!!"

And the sheeple fall for it...

EVERY..... FUCKING... TIME!

Now ya got me angry! ... and its too early to start drinkin!
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:17:50 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's only $200M.  Now, if 80 million owners each gave $1,000 (approximate price of one long gun), we would have $80 billion.  Now, THAT is REAL MONEY.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:49:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 10:02:29 AM EDT
[#8]
I have to take umbrage to that one, Paul.

Yeah...some of us in free states do nothing to help you guys out.
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=217859&postcount=283

What was I thinking.
Guess I shouldn't have tried to get a cal-compliant design going for a rifle that takes AR magazines or donated my time to give free firearms training to liberals in an effort to persuade them.  Guess I should have kept my mouth shut about the out of state FFL's willing to send lowers to you guys, either.

If you want to sit in your house while it burns down around you...go ahead.  There are those of us in other states that try to help you guys out of the shitpile that's been handed to you.

You want to keep paying tax dollars to the caliban that respects the rights of baby rapers more than the rights of law abiding gunowners...more power to you.

Maybe I'll just watch out for my own scalp from now on instead of those of my brothers caught behind the tofu curtain!
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 11:05:57 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Guess I shouldn't have tried to get a cal-compliant design going for a rifle that takes AR magazines or donated my time to give free firearms training to liberals in an effort to persuade them.  Guess I should have kept my mouth shut about the out of state FFL's willing to send lowers to you guys, either.

Thanks for your help!

Lots of city people moving into Vegas and Reno areas. I spend quite a bit of time there and it sure is changing rapidly.There are no boundries or state lines for me I will fight these commie bastards there too when the time comes.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 1:52:07 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I have to take umbrage to that one, Paul.

Yeah...some of us in free states do nothing to help you guys out.
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=217859&postcount=283

What was I thinking.

If you want to sit in your house while it burns down around you...go ahead.  There are those of us in other states that try to help you guys out of the shitpile that's been handed to you.

You want to keep paying tax dollars to the caliban that respects the rights of baby rapers more than the rights of law abiding gunowners...more power to you.

Maybe I'll just watch out for my own scalp from now on instead of those of my brothers caught behind the tofu curtain!

I think you would fall under #4 of Pauls list, and I'm thinking everyone here appreciates the help
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:33:02 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
That's only $200M.  Now, if 80 million owners each gave $1,000 (approximate price of one long gun), we would have $80 billion.  Now, THAT is REAL MONEY.

You dropped a zero, its 2 billion dollars.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:11:17 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Life member CRPA here.

Those in other states have no idea of the numbers of guns and gun owners in this state.  In 2000 I'll be there were more lawfully owned AR15's in the state of California than the rest of the country combined.

I dont get those who bag on Cali thinking the rest of the nation would be better off without California.

California is the source for 1/2 of the Marines.  recruits come from everywhere, they become Marines in MCRDSD or Paris Island.

Bianchi gunleather
Kings gunworks
Pachmyre
Strider Knives
Vang Comp
Toyota Tacoma trucks
IPSC was born here
Oakley Glasses and boots
MAGlight

Hogue
Weatherby (At least it started here)
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:35:45 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Life member CRPA here.

Bianchi gunleather
Kings gunworks
Pachmyre
Strider Knives
Vang Comp
Toyota Tacoma trucks
IPSC was born here
Oakley Glasses and boots
MAGlight

Hogue
Weatherby (At least it started here)

Calif is also home of SASS.

After working many years in advancing the notion of 2nd Amend rights, I find that many CA gunners are pretty apathetic to our cause, which is why we get so many laws regulating guns.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:20:19 PM EDT
[#14]
No it's because the legislature has legislated itself into nice safe districts.  And the Dems see no need to be responsive to anything but their base.  Hence minimal effective legislative or gubernatorial  resistance to anti-gun legislation.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 12:29:52 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

RTC and NTC (Navy - Recruit Training Center and Naval Training Center) are both long gone.
All Navy recruits are now single site trained at Great Lakes, IL.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:28:33 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
No it's because the legislature has legislated itself into nice safe districts.  And the Dems see no need to be responsive to anything but their base.  Hence minimal effective legislative or gubernatorial  resistance to anti-gun legislation.

Gerrymandering is a huge problem in California, at least for conservatives.
The other problem is that Republicans, who are supposed to be on our side (ha, ha) don't form coalitions of voters like the libtards do.  Democrats can get their teacher union members, abortion mongers, child molesters, illegal aliens and dead people to march and protest against guns every day of the week.  Republicans can't even get Elmer Fudd hunters mobilized against .50BMG bans.  
There are boat loads of gun owners, pro-lifers, and other normal people in California and the first politician who gets them together on the same page will take over politics in California.  
We need something like "The Son of Reagan" or "Goldwater, Second Edition" over here.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:46:08 AM EDT
[#17]
I've been doing 2nd Amend stuff for Calif for a long-time now.  Here is what I found, many Calif. people don't like the restrictive gun laws, but are unwilling to contribute money and labor in the effort to get rid of it or to prevent the law from passing, they just complain alot.  Many believe that the NRA should do something about it.

To me, CRPA is mostly useless, all they do is their annual dinner.  As a life time member, I have never voted on who is in their executive ranks, and I have never met anyone from CRPA's executive ranks at the various rallies, outside of their annual banquet in January.  And I don't even know how their executive ranks are choosen.  I get their news letter that is filled with stuff that is mostly useless ranting and raving written by their members, and a status of the various bills in Sacarmento that doesn't change much.

When we were trying to overturn SB23/SB15 by referendum, I met the same few people over and over again at all of various location(no more than a hundred at best) for gathering signatures.

I've campaigned on behalf of Dick Montjoy(Monrovia, CA) who 100% pro-gun, and I've met probably only 20 other gunners.  I've met Nadine Sanford, wife of Harry Sanford(the developer and mfg'r of the Dirty Harry's AutoMag), nice lady.

In a nutshell, this is the reason why California has such onerous gun laws, the gunners let it happen to themselves.  We have many shooters, but very few people that want to get involved in the politics of shooting.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:49:07 AM EDT
[#18]
It seems like we are all to busy to do anything but complain.  I think the internet can help though, as soon as electronic voting becomes available we will see some better results.

The amount of folks wanting to keep the new lower are pretty high maybe we can get somthing done this time.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:14:03 AM EDT
[#19]
One problem in Kalistan is there are a lot of people that would vote pro gun, but are pro choice. If you put a pro gun/anti choice person on the ballot they won't get their vote. My wife is this way. I vote pro gun first, where she votes pro choice first, pro gun second.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 12:16:35 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I've been doing 2nd Amend stuff for Calif for a long-time now.  Here is what I found, many Calif. people don't like the restrictive gun laws, but are unwilling to contribute money and labor in the effort to get rid of it or to prevent the law from passing, they just complain alot.
Agreed
Many believe that the NRA should do something about it.
I wonder why they don't
To me, CRPA is mostly useless, all they do is their annual dinner.  As a life time member, I have never voted on who is in their executive ranks, and I have never met anyone from CRPA's executive ranks at the various rallies, outside of their annual banquet in January.  And I don't even know how their executive ranks are choosen.  I get their news letter that is filled with stuff that is mostly useless ranting and raving written by their members, and a status of the various bills in Sacarmento that doesn't change much.
Same here, but not a life member
When we were trying to overturn SB23/SB15 by referendum, I met the same few people over and over again at all of various location(no more than a hundred at best) for gathering signatures.
Signed it and pleaded with all my gun friends to do so (with not much support)
I've campaigned on behalf of Dick Montjoy(Monrovia, CA) who 100% pro-gun, and I've met probably only 20 other gunners.  I've met Nadine Sanford, wife of Harry Sanford(the developer and mfg'r of the Dirty Harry's AutoMag), nice lady.
I still don't understand how Ahnald snatched the primary away from Tom McClintoch
In a nutshell, this is the reason why California has such onerous gun laws, the gunners let it happen to themselves.  We have many shooters, but very few people that want to get involved in the politics of shooting.

Again, agreed but shamefully so....
I guess my point is even though there are many who will bash us for staying in Kalifornistan, there are many who will stay. But they need to stay and fight with whatever resorces they have-money, signatures, rally's, internet, what-have-you, not just roll over,complain and die
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 5:11:16 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Many believe that the NRA should do something about it.
I wonder why they don't
I still don't understand how Ahnald snatched the primary away from Tom McClintoch
Again, agreed but shamefully so....
I guess my point is even though there are many who will bash us for staying in Kalifornistan, there are many who will stay. But they need to stay and fight with whatever resorces they have-money, signatures, rally's, internet, what-have-you, not just roll over,complain and die

The problem is that the NRA does put money into Calif, but not nearly the extent that they should because it not a possible win for them, and in my personal assessemnt in the political enviroment that we are in right now, not even close.

Tom McClintoch lost because there is just not enough Republicans.  Even if all of the Republicans voted for Tom McClintoch, he would still loose because there so many more registered Dems voters in Calif, fact of life.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top