Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/3/2006 2:43:38 PM EDT
they say they are going to make us register our AR recievers?? then how will we be able to register them?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:44:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Fourth class.  We can register them, but we can't have detachable mag + evil feature.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:48:06 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Fourth class.  We can register them, but we can't have detachable mag + evil feature.

why would you want to register it, with a pinned mag it is just the same as a FAB or vulcan.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:50:40 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

why would you want to register it, with a pinned mag it is just the same as a FAB or vulcan.

You wouldn't.  But you have to register it or get it out of state once it is declared.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:53:45 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You wouldn't.  But you have to register it or get it out of state once it is declared.

So a pinned mag AR would be an assault weapon what a fucking joke!
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:55:39 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So a pinned mag AR would be an assault weapon what a fucking joke!

Yep, and not a funny one at that.  
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:55:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Come on! Like none of you saw that one coming. You knew DOJ was gonna slap you with something. Open the AW registry? Never. Some were so convinced of this they bought 10 lowers, now they may be assed out.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:58:16 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Come on! Like none of you saw that one coming. You knew DOJ was gonna slap you with something. Open the AW registry? Never. Some were so convinced of this they bought 10 lowers, now they may be assed out.

Yeah it sucks but CA is now flooded with AR recievers that are probably going to be built anyway the owners feel like just to stick it to the DOJ.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:26:12 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Some were so convinced of this they bought 10 lowers, now they may be assed out.

Buying one was a calculated risk.  A $200.00 hope that you might be able to assemble it into a stadard AR type rifle. Knowing at worst you are stuck with a FABforgery.  Buying 10, 12, 15 was/is just plain silly.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:28:48 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah it sucks but CA is now flooded with AR recievers that are probably going to be built anyway the owners feel like just to stick it to the DOJ.

That was most of the MTV generations intent all along. Building AR's is the fad that replaced the Riced out Honda fad based on what I saw at the Del Mar show.  Dozens of late teens early twenty somethings holding their baggy dickies up with one hand a scratching out a DROS form with the other. "Yo dawg! Dis is gonna be dank with my Model 1 upper!"

Off list lowers, the pimped out SKS of a new generation.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:46:34 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That was most of the MTV generations intent all along. Building AR's is the fad that replaced the Riced out Honda fad based on what I saw at the Del Mar show.  Dozens of late teens early twenty somethings holding their baggy dickies up with one hand a scratching out a DROS form with the other. "Yo dawg! Dis is gonna be dank with my Model 1 upper!"

Off list lowers, the pimped out SKS of a new generation.

I here ya, while doing the paperwork on my lowers, their were straight thugs present. All I could her myself thinking was the opening to a rap song" their goes the neighborhooooooood!!"

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:04:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Sorry to repeat my question.
I think we should get clarification on whether assembling a .22LR rimfire rifle with a 10 round detachable mag on these new class of register AR is legal. It will be SB23 compliance and it is a legal register AR series rifle (which was the reason CADOJ said no last time I asked).
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:40:38 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I think we should get clarification on whether assembling a .22LR rimfire rifle with a 10 round detachable mag on these new class of register AR is legal. It will be SB23 compliance and it is a legal register AR series rifle (which was the reason CADOJ said no last time I asked).

The sea lawyers say no due to the ease of converting to centerfire.  But as a cop, i know if i find a legally registered stag, assembled into a .22LR rimfire via a USGI conversion kit, and the owner doesnt have a 5.56mm BCG in his immediate possession i dont have probable cause to arrest because rimfires are clearly exempt. My DA's office isnt going to file that case.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 12:20:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:40:56 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The sea lawyers say no due to the ease of converting to centerfire.  But as a cop, i know if i find a legally registered stag, assembled into a .22LR rimfire via a USGI conversion kit, and the owner doesnt have a 5.56mm BCG in his immediate possession i dont have probable cause to arrest because rimfires are clearly exempt. My DA's office isnt going to file that case.

What if he had two registered assault weapons, one registered prior to 12/31/00, and one a Stag with a .22LR conversion registered this year?

Still not a problem. Both rifles are legal in that configuration and he lacks the parts needed to make the rimfire a centerfire without canibalizing the other rifle.

Say he has a 5.56mm BCG in one rifle and a spare BCG in his range box.

Now you have constructive possession.  you would not want to transport your dedicated .22LR build with the spare/extra parts needed to make it a centerfire.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:53:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Guys,
There is no new classs of assault weapon.  Yes this is, not was a gamble, this is far from being played out yet.
I don't think there is anything to worry about at this time in the game.
The DOJ is simply trying to divide and conquer right now.
They are trying to put a bandaid over an amputated appendage.
This memo is just to stop the flow of lowers from comng in here.
This is the same game they played with all of the distributors.
When or if they open up registration, and list the lowers, is when all should register, regardless of what the card says.
This is when a likely legal callenge will happen, and when we will all see it unfold.

I've seen the responses of the peole who said this could happen, and it looks like the DOJ has a case.
But a good look at what they propose, and what the law says is giving us a stronger case IMHO.
So everyone just grab a beer kick back and wath this thing unfold, and darn it, lets win this one.
I think alot more people are in on this then the second registration scheme in 2000.
They see that there has been no confiscation and are more willing to register this time around.  Whereas last time you had huge numbers not registering.
I hope that the people have been awakend, and come out of their klinton kool-aid stupor.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:50:00 PM EDT
[#16]
The DOJ  cannot make a new class of AW's.  Only the  assembly/senate can.  The memo is designed to slow / stop people from buying / importing them with the intention of making an AW down the road.  If you thought the DOJ was just going to roll over and say "OK, you got us" then you were living in a dream world. And yes, I bought a couple lowers.

The point is that they have done nothing.  Remember when the Mayor of SF said that  same sex marriage was OK only to get his hand slapped by the court saying he could not do that ?  Well if the DOJ tries to make a new law instead of follwing the existing ones, they will get slapped too. This was just one  small move in what will most likely be a very long chess game.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:17:52 PM EDT
[#17]

The DOJ cannot make a new class of AW's. Only the assembly/senate can. The memo is designed to slow / stop people from buying / importing them with the intention of making an AW down the road. If you thought the DOJ was just going to roll over and say "OK, you got us" then you were living in a dream world. And yes, I bought a couple lowers.

The point is that they have done nothing. Remember when the Mayor of SF said that same sex marriage was OK only to get his hand slapped by the court saying he could not do that ? Well if the DOJ tries to make a new law instead of follwing the existing ones, they will get slapped too. This was just one small move in what will most likely be a very long chess game.

I agreed.  Since FAB-10 and Vulcan with the Fixed 10 round Mag was already declear as not an assault weapon, they can not redeclear the it's an assault weapon later on.  DOJ is bullshiting.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 11:57:58 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
The DOJ  cannot make a new class of AW's.  Only the  assembly/senate can.  The memo is designed to slow / stop people from buying / importing them with the intention of making an AW down the road.  If you thought the DOJ was just going to roll over and say "OK, you got us" then you were living in a dream world. And yes, I bought a couple lowers.

The point is that they have done nothing.  Remember when the Mayor of SF said that  same sex marriage was OK only to get his hand slapped by the court saying he could not do that ?  Well if the DOJ tries to make a new law instead of follwing the existing ones, they will get slapped too. This was just one  small move in what will most likely be a very long chess game.

That one incident reveals more about AG Lockyer. The mayor was violating a state law voted in by the people through a ballot initiative. The governor asked to Lockyer,  the state's chief law enforcement officer, to halt the same-sex marriages. Lockyer told the governor to go pound sand, and that the courts would resolve the matter. It seems Lockyer is selective about which laws he enforces.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top