Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/31/2006 3:14:56 PM EDT
I bought a couple in the LA area and now I am just wondering if they will even add it too the list, i was thinking there probably is a good chance they might miss some of the smaller companies and then i wont be able to register it.

Any ideas which for sure are going to get on the list?
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:21:27 PM EDT
[#1]
No one has certain knowledge.

Given that there have been group buys of MEGAs on Calguns, and that some FFLs will have had their records examined to find out which lowers have 'entered commerce', I believe MEGAs will.

If some lowers don't make the 1st cut of the list, there will be increased/massive buying of the ones that didn't make this cut and they will make the cut for a list update.

I believe, given all this hulaballoo, that DOJ will monitor & update  monthly or quarterly from now on once things start clicking.   We just caught them napping for 5+ years...

Bill Wiese
San Jose CA
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:26:29 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I bought a couple in the LA area and now I am just wondering if they will even add it too the list, i was thinking there probably is a good chance they might miss some of the smaller companies and then i wont be able to register it.

Any ideas which for sure are going to get on the list?

Nah, it probably won't make it on there. I'll give you $5 for both of them.

ANY of the ones that have been selling in the group buys, or have had letters posted, are probably all safe bets that they will be banned. If a model has had no mention of commerce, then you might have one that won't be listed. The Mega isn't as minor as you think, so I wouldn't sweat it.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:36:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Id like to see a few more Megas out there before,if, when the list comes out.

Saftey in numbers boys, saftey in numbers
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:57:13 PM EDT
[#4]
If you found it, chances are the DOJ already found it too.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:26:27 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
If you found it, chances are the DOJ already found it too.

The DOJ seems to want to see it 'in commerce' in CA.  There's no real requirement but this seems to be their procedure.  

I am sure FFLs handling group buys of MEGAs have been DOJ audited and they have found this brand.

It's the small brand(s) that have been sold onesy-twosey thru an FFL that doesn't do much if any lower business that might not get listed.

Bill Wiese
San Jose
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:36:04 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

It's the small brand(s) that have been sold onesy-twosey thru an FFL that doesn't do much if any lower business that might not get listed.

Bill Wiese
San Jose

which small brands?
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:56:30 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bill Wiese
San Jose

which small brands?

The smaller contract lowers built for gunsmiths and LEO builders mostly, all with unique "brand names". It would be wise to keep these names off of the board for now...

MMMMMMMMMEEEEGA
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:07:19 PM EDT
[#8]
1911greg:

IM Sent.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:46:30 PM EDT
[#9]
How about STAG Lower? are they big brand or small brand and are they going to be listed?
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:11:54 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
No one has certain knowledge.

Given that there have been group buys of MEGAs on Calguns, and that some FFLs will have had their records examined to find out which lowers have 'entered commerce', I believe MEGAs will.

If some lowers don't make the 1st cut of the list, there will be increased/massive buying of the ones that didn't make this cut and they will make the cut for a list update.

I believe, given all this hulaballoo, that DOJ will monitor & update  monthly or quarterly from now on once things start clicking.   We just caught them napping for 5+ years...

Bill Wiese
San Jose CA

I take it to mean every lower in existance will be listed soon or shortly thereafter, including all of them with no exceptions.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:21:38 PM EDT
[#11]
I've never been so happy to have a rifle banned :D:D:D Hope they add Sun Devil!
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 10:13:24 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm worried about Sun Devil.  Google it and got nothing...
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:48:20 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I'm worried about Sun Devil.  Google it and got nothing...

How about STAG Lower? are they big brand or small brand and are they going to be listed?

Signs for SunDevil lowers were posted at one vendor's stall at  the Dec. San Jose gunshow -  the FFL was visited by a senior DOJ field agent when all this ruckus started.   Some of these were sold by this dealer, and he was audited by DOJ to find out what kind of lowers 'entered commerce'.

And Stags will CERTAINLY be listed.  That was the bulk of this FFL's business.  They were some of the first big 'group buys' and California sales apparently depleted most all of Stag's mid-December inventory of around 960 lowers by end of Dec.

Bill Wiese
San Jose
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 12:13:44 AM EDT
[#14]
In the words of Supervising Special Agent Ignacious Chinn: "It's going on the list!"

The Mega Gator was by far one of the most imported off list lowers.  Heck there were group buys on Mega uppers by guys who wanted to make sure the finish matched!  It is DEFINITELY going on the list.  Just make sure you register within the 90 window so we don't read about you later in the news.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:11:45 PM EDT
[#15]

Heck there were group buys on Mega uppers by guys who wanted to make sure the finish matched! It is DEFINITELY going on the list

Those crazy kids...aka "hopi420"
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:10:44 PM EDT
[#16]
In the words of Supervising Special Agent Icnacious "Iggy" Chinn, "It's going on the list!"

I loved seeing his face turn red when Wes told him he had sold 150 of the FAR-15s... it was a Kodak moment !
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top