Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2006 1:05:00 AM EDT
Varmint Hunting with Registered AR 15....is this legal? or do i have to buy FAB10 or other Top Loading AR's????
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 1:18:55 AM EDT

Originally Posted By amare32suns:
Varmint Hunting with Registered AR 15....is this legal? or do i have to buy FAB10 or other Top Loading AR's????

yes it is legal.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 9:41:20 AM EDT
last i checked, u can go hunting in Kommunist Kalif with a semi auto centerfire with a HI CaP mag.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 11:01:43 AM EDT
My varmint rig going on 6+ years.

You'll love it, recoiless platform, quick follow up shots, accuracy to put most factory bolt guns to shame.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:10:17 PM EDT
so i guess,,i can take my Varmint setup AR15(registered as assult rifle with CA DOJ) to Mojave Desert and hunt Coyote right???? will park ranger or police say anything if they see my gun????
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:11:44 PM EDT

Originally Posted By akjunkie:
last i checked, u can go hunting in Kommunist Kalif with a semi auto centerfire with a HI CaP mag.

you are right!! but centerfire with HI cap..that sounds like it can be RUGER MINI 14...but AR 15 is considered ASSULT RIFLE!!.......
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:56:35 PM EDT
As long as you are in a legal rifle hunting area and have permission of the land owner, no problems.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 10:30:42 PM EDT
Fish & Game didnt care when i was shooting Jack Rabbits with my M4 a couple months ago. In fact they paid the bird hunters shotguns more attention than me.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 10:54:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/29/2006 10:54:47 AM EDT by bwiese]
Please use care in where you shoot your AW.

If you don't have specific authorized permission - even for a legal, properly registered AW, you could be in a world of hurt.

Surprisingly - and many people do not realize this -the penalty for unauthorized transport/use of even a legal, registered AW can be worse (felony) than for charge of simple possession of an unregistered AW (misdemeanor). (Underlining in sections quoted below is mine).....

12280. (a)(1) Any person who, within this state, manufactures or causes to be manufactured, distributes, transports, or imports into the state, keeps for sale, or offers or exposes for sale, or who gives or lends any assault weapon or any 50BMG rifle, except as provided by this chapter, is guilty of a felony, and upon conviction shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison for four, six, or eight years.

The "....except as provided for in this chapter..." means you gotta follow these rules, even w/legal reg'd AW, as to how you transport it and WHERE you transport (and use) it.

Do not make blind assumptions. And borders btwn BLM land (where AW use can generally be legit) and non-BLM land (where express permission required) may not be well-marked.

Bill Wiese
San Jose
Top Top