Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2006 10:51:58 PM EDT
I know this topic comes up every so often but search yielded me nothing.

My name is not on any bills and I am not on the rental agreement. According to the DOJ website:

Current, government-issued license, permit, or registration

Can I use military papers (I forget if DD214 has my address, but a similar form) since it is government issued? Or W-2? IIRC, my ham radio license doesn't have my address right?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 11:06:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Your car registration should do, if it is in your name.

I've heard of W2 form being an acceptable document, but I'd check with CA DOJ first.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 11:15:17 PM EDT
[#2]
wait...is this about that fabled AW permit?
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:09:07 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
wait...is this about that fabled AW permit?

Buying a handgun in the PRK involves proof of residency. Have you been hiding under a rock for a few years?
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 12:15:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Jury Summons will work too.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 2:36:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I have  a friend who's "long arm" DROS didn't go through a few weeks ago....They said it was because his CA drivers license was not valid.......

So I guess you have to have a valid CA drivers license......?
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:45:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Your Amateur radio license should have your address on it.  Assuming you've kept the FCC updated on where you've moved your primary station?  

Have you asked on the CA forum, somebody over there just went through this.  IIRC it ended up being his parents "rented" his room to him and gave him a rental agreement with his name and address on it.

OK this is the CA forum, thought I was on the GD.  In any case the old license in my wallet has my address on it.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:26:13 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I have  a friend who's "long arm" DROS didn't go through a few weeks ago....They said it was because his CA drivers license was not valid.......

So I guess you have to have a valid CA drivers license......?

Yup, has ot be a valid drivers license on the DROS is submitted. Can not be that paper temporary license either.
Your parents can sign a "rental agreement" for use on residency, just make sure it is taken to a public notery first
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:32:43 AM EDT
[#8]
According to Renee Lewis from the CA DOJ:

Military papers - Active duty orders - YES
Automobile Registration - YES
FCC issued amateur radio license - YES
W-2 - NO
University of California papers - NO
Jury Summons - NO

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:42:39 AM EDT
[#9]
what a dumb law, if you do not live in ca why the heck would you want to buy a firearm here?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:59:19 AM EDT
[#10]
I believe the law was to prevent exportation of firearms. Now I have no clue what sort of IDIOT would want to export firearms from KALIFORNIA?!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top