Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/10/2006 7:13:16 PM EDT
I placed an order with CTD last week and they just now called my dads house for some reason (I thought they had the right contact info....) saying that they wont ship a VFG that I ordered from them into California. I ordered some other AR15 related stuff at the same time, why is this a problem? I plan on calling them tomorrow to find out WTF is going on. If they refuse to ship is there any chance they'll refund a $50 gift certificate that my wife got me for christmas or will she have to call the credit card company to cancel?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:15:08 PM EDT
[#1]
That is correct, they usually don't ship anything related to AWs or what they think might be AWs to California.  

In short: they suck!
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:18:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I heard the samething happened to StagMan.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:20:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Bastards............If they don't refund my wife her $50 for the gift certificate I'm gonna be fucking pissed. If they wont ship perfectly legal goods to me I will NEVER buy from them again
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:25:33 PM EDT
[#4]
call 'em up and tell them teh VFG is for your Tokyo Marui airsoft AR15 TOY gun.  

other than that, time to BOYCOT CTD along with sportsmansguide.com
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:27:18 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

LOL I was thinking exactly that, but even if they do buy it do I really want to spend my money with assholes like that?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:27:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:32:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Wow that makes me sad, I've NEVER had a problem with CTD sending ANYTHING to Cali...

"sigh... you've changed"
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 11:55:19 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL I was thinking exactly that, but even if they do buy it do I really want to spend my money with assholes like that?

Problem is that the money is already spent.  Hopefully they'll refund the gift certificate but that's not normally how those things work.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:27:26 AM EDT
[#9]
i've never had a problem witn CDNNinvestments.com
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 2:40:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Sportsmansguide is just as bad....

They wouldn't send me 2 tomahawks they had in their catalog.....because they are illegal on CA college campus's. I don't live on a college campus....they said they had no way of knowing that for sure though.  Pissed me off...
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 3:56:33 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
other than that, time to BOYCOT CTD along with sportsmansguide.com

+1000000000000000000000
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:35:26 PM EDT
[#12]
They sent me an email today:
Mr. Schmidt,

I apologize for the inconvenience.  According to California law C.R. 922, we cannot ship item ARR-328 vertical foregrip part number to California residents.

However, there is no problem shipping the balance of your order.  A refund of $9.97 will be credited back to your credit card.

Again, I apologize for any inconvenience this causes you.

Thank you.

Rick Sykes
Call Center Manager
Cheaper Than Dirt!

My response, boy I hope I got my shit right

According to California law CR 922, adding a forward grip to a semi automatic center fire rifle, with detachable magazine would make it a category three "assault weapon". The rifle I planned on putting the vertical fore grip on does not have a detachable magazine there for it is not an "assault weapon". The vertical fore grip alone is not illegal. It's how you configure your own firearm.

I do not wish the remaining balance of the order. What am I going to do with a rail for my rifle with nothing to mount to it? The original order that I placed was a little over eighty dollars. I used a $50 gift certificate and paid the remaining balance with my debit card. Not only do I want the thirty dollars and change refunded to my debit card, I want the $50 gift certificate refunded to my wife's credit card. She bought it for me for Christmas figuring that I'd be able to buy some gun stuff that I wanted. Not anymore. After you refund those two items, I would like you to delete all of my information that you guys have on file of me. I no longer wish to receive your catalogs in the mail, and I never want to hear from you again. I refuse to do business with people that don't deserve it.

Thanks in advance,
           Karl Schmidt.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:51:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Sounds good Blue!  I sent one to sportsmanguide and just got a form letter back.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:12:12 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
They sent me an email today:
Mr. Schmidt,

I apologize for the inconvenience.  According to California law C.R. 922, we cannot ship item ARR-328 vertical foregrip part number to California residents.

However, there is no problem shipping the balance of your order.  A refund of $9.97 will be credited back to your credit card.

Again, I apologize for any inconvenience this causes you.

Thank you.

Rick Sykes
Call Center Manager
Cheaper Than Dirt!

My response, boy I hope I got my shit right

According to California law CR 922, adding a forward grip to a semi automatic center fire rifle, with detachable magazine would make it a category three "assault weapon". The rifle I planned on putting the vertical fore grip on does not have a detachable magazine there for it is not an "assault weapon". The vertical fore grip alone is not illegal. It's how you configure your own firearm.

I do not wish the remaining balance of the order. What am I going to do with a rail for my rifle with nothing to mount to it? The original order that I placed was a little over eighty dollars. I used a $50 gift certificate and paid the remaining balance with my debit card. Not only do I want the thirty dollars and change refunded to my debit card, I want the $50 gift certificate refunded to my wife's credit card. She bought it for me for Christmas figuring that I'd be able to buy some gun stuff that I wanted. Not anymore. After you refund those two items, I would like you to delete all of my information that you guys have on file of me. I no longer wish to receive your catalogs in the mail, and I never want to hear from you again. I refuse to do business with people that don't deserve it.

Thanks in advance,
           Karl Schmidt.

Blue,

PM sent to you.

regards....
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:15:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Hey Blue...let us know how they respond to that...
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:42:28 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Hey Blue...let us know how they respond to that...

I gotta give them that they've got some good customer service nevermind the analcraniumitis.

Mr. Schmidt,

Again, I apologize for any inconvenience.  We are simply trying to abide by the law as it has been explained to us.

Per your instructions, your order has been canceled.  You will receive refunds to your credit card that equal $30.61.  This will appear in two transactions - one for the restricted item for $9.97 and another for the balance of the order for $20.64.

The $50.00 for the gift certificate has been refunded back to the customer who purchased it, again, per your instructions.

I am sorry that we could not have served you according to your expectations.

Sincerely,

Rick Sykes

Call Center Manager

Cheaper Than Dirt!

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 11:07:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 11:37:17 PM EDT
[#18]
this one?

www.nraila.org/federalfirearms.htm#Sec.%20922

That is the federal 922, I don't know if there is a California only 922.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:33:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Cheaper Than Dirt sucks rooster!  CTD can kiss my HEE HAWW!   They have the best price around on vertical foregrips and you cannot buy the dang things unless you are a cop, which I am, and I told them that, and they still didn't send it!

They should change thier name to PRICE DOES NOT MATTER- YOU CAN'T HAVE IT
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:55:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top