Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/7/2006 10:11:55 AM EDT
In Shotgun News, I noticed in the DSArms advertisemen, there is a mini-ad for a "U.S. Made Stripped Lightweight Lower Receiver," It says: "California Laws Apply." I would like to know what is meant by this part because the upper reciever iswhat is counted as a "Firearm" for an FAL.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 10:35:49 AM EDT
First, are you sure about the fal upper?
And second, with an ar, and, I believe everything else, the lower is the serialized part that is technically the firearm when not assembled.

Originally Posted By Beefypeanut:
In Shotgun News, I noticed in the DSArms advertisemen, there is a mini-ad for a "U.S. Made Stripped Lightweight Lower Receiver," It says: "California Laws Apply." I would like to know what is meant by this part because the upper reciever iswhat is counted as a "Firearm" for an FAL.

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 10:48:03 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 2:36:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/7/2006 2:36:52 PM EDT by Beefypeanut]

Originally Posted By Big_Bear:

Originally Posted By Beefypeanut:
... the upper reciever iswhat is counted as a "Firearm" for an FAL.

That's correct. FAL uppers are serialized and lowers are basically the trigger group, buttstock and pistol grip. Could be a misprint and they meant to say upper, or a CA neutered lower without the pistol grip. Dunno.

I don't think its a misprint because they showed a picture of the lower.

And yes, I'm sure that the upper is the serialized part because I own an FAL that I got all the parts for except the Upper in the mail.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 4:44:31 PM EDT
DSA makes an AR15 typer lower reciever and complete rifle.
Top Top