Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/31/2005 8:01:40 AM EDT
Just wondering if worst comes to worst it isn't banned if I could pin the mag and make a neutered reciever?

I am 99 percent sure just checking...
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 8:10:47 AM EDT
[#1]
In theory, yes.  Pinning the mag makes it non-removable.  If it has a non-removable mag, it is not an assault weapon by definition, nor is it named.

You can evil it up all you want then.

Link Posted: 12/31/2005 8:15:32 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Just wondering if worst comes to worst it isn't banned if I could pin the mag and make a neutered reciever?

If you're buying a receiver now, you should be planning 100% to perm. fix the max in the receiver.  There are no guarantees that any receivers will be added to the list.

If it is added then you will need to register it and when you get your registration back you're good to go.

I think alot of people on the boards are going to be putting themselves in a Felony risk situation right now.  IF YOU PUT A GRIP ON A RECEIVER BEFORE YOU "PERMINENTLY ATTACH" A MAGAZINE YOU ARE COMMITING A FELONY.

Also, just to play the other side for a moment, Why would the DOJ add them to the list?  Look at all the possible Felony charges they have in the state right now.  They already approved the Vulcans, and we know how easy they are to revert from Fixed mag.  Now, they read the boards, they know that there are alot of people jumping on the bandwagon without reading the laws.  Just start sending agents to gun ranges to watch what comes in and make arrests.

I'm hoping they add a slew of them to the list, but you never know.  like I said at the top, buy one with the intention of making a better, cheaper Vulcan like fixed mag rifle.  if something happens, great, if not, no biggie, you saved some $$ on building a fixed mag rifle.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 8:21:50 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you're buying a receiver now, you should be planning 100% to perm. fix the max in the receiver.  There are no guarantees that any receivers will be added to the list.

If it is added then you will need to register it and when you get your registration back you're good to go.

I think alot of people on the boards are going to be putting themselves in a Felony risk situation right now.  IF YOU PUT A GRIP ON A RECEIVER BEFORE YOU "PERMINENTLY ATTACH" A MAGAZINE YOU ARE COMMITING A FELONY.

Also, just to play the other side for a moment, Why would the DOJ add them to the list?  Look at all the possible Felony charges they have in the state right now.  They already approved the Vulcans, and we know how easy they are to revert from Fixed mag.  Now, they read the boards, they know that there are alot of people jumping on the bandwagon without reading the laws.  Just start sending agents to gun ranges to watch what comes in and make arrests.

I'm hoping they add a slew of them to the list, but you never know.  like I said at the top, buy one with the intention of making a better, cheaper Vulcan like fixed mag rifle.  if something happens, great, if not, no biggie, you saved some $$ on building a fixed mag rifle.

I am guessing (hoping) that in a few months they will try to stop the gravy train and maybe ban the other receivers, although as long as people are pinning the mags the weapons are neutered and DOJ is happy.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 9:57:15 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
IF YOU PUT A GRIP ON A RECEIVER BEFORE YOU "PERMINENTLY ATTACH" A MAGAZINE YOU ARE COMMITING A FELONY.

You know this is an IMPORTANT fact to keep repeating.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 11:00:46 PM EDT
[#5]
The fixed mag has to be 10 rounds or less, correct?
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:16:42 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The fixed mag has to be 10 rounds or less, correct?

YES
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 12:01:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 12:06:04 PM EDT
[#8]
I purchased a Fixed Magazine Kit from AR15plus.com  Have not installed it yet, but it looks pretty simple.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 12:57:53 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Quoted:

I was thinking in similiar lines. If DOJ adds these unlisted lowers to the list, they will have to allow registration and there would be that many more registered AW in the state. If they do nothing, then there are a lot of expensive paperweights out there or at most, more neutered AR's unless someone builds up an illegal rifle. If I didn't already own several AW's though, I would take the chance of getting one. I have talked to several friends and co-workers about this and told them that it is worth looking into. They are having a hard time finding an FFL here to do the transfer even if they can find a lower.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top