Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2005 8:18:00 AM EDT
so you buy a vulcan, then DOJ tries to get all these people who are buying stags so they offer registration, at this point could you register your vulcan and put all sorts of evil features on it?
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:36:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Interesting point since the vulcan isn't on the list. But then again, the vulcan was specifically designed to have the mag pinned, so I'm curious to know as well if it would be possible to register it and unpin the mag.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:46:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Check the receiver markings on the CA legal Vulcan and the Vulcan stripped lowers. If they are the same then you have a chance at registering it if the exact make and model get added to the list.

If they are different - there is a specific model name on the receiver which identifies as a CA model - I doubt it will be added to the list but who really knows.

Link Posted: 12/31/2005 12:04:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Mine is stamped V-15, same as their production 'non-neutered' version.

I believe there's a good chance they will be added.  As I remember, the DOJ agent present at the San Jose gun show mentioned it, as well.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 7:58:52 AM EDT
[#4]
You can only register it if they add it to the list.  If not, then it has to stay neutered or you would be violating SB23.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 3:30:37 PM EDT
[#5]
my wish is for atleast the vulcan's/fabs to be added to the aw list since there's no hope of ever bringing back AW's.  that way us good citizens can get a second chance at getting a non neutered AR.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 6:20:24 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
my wish is for atleast the vulcan's/fabs to be added to the aw list since there's no hope of ever bringing back AW's.  that way us good citizens can get a second chance at getting a non neutered AR.

If the vulcan got added we wouldn't be allowed to build nuetered AR's though, that would really suck.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 7:44:12 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Mine is stamped V-15, same as their production 'non-neutered' version.

I believe there's a good chance they will be added.  As I remember, the DOJ agent present at the San Jose gun show mentioned it, as well.

If the Vulcan V15 got added to the list, it would present a problem for anyone who owns a neutered V15 (fixed magazine) and did not register it because they are under the assumption that it's not an assault weapon. After all, the CA DOJ said it was not an assault weapon.

It would have to the listed as Vulcan V15 with detachable magazine to differentiate it from the legal neutered version.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 10:30:42 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
It would have to the listed as Vulcan V15 with detachable magazine to differentiate it from the legal neutered version.

But how would they know since they use the same lowers for out of state real AR's? Who's to say that 500 of the V-15's weren't imported recently. I've seen the stripped V-15 lowers selling for $79 bucks. How's the DOJ going to know it wasn't a pinned model without looking at it in person? They're all marked the same.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 12:57:06 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

But how would they know since they use the same lowers for out of state real AR's? Who's to say that 500 of the V-15's weren't imported recently. I've seen the stripped V-15 lowers selling for $79 bucks. How's the DOJ going to know it wasn't a pinned model without looking at it in person? They're all marked the same.

It the V15 is added to the list without any qualifiers such as "with detachable magazine" or "excluding factory original fixed magazine model", all Vulcan V15s would become assault weapons and require registration to legally own it in the state. In this case, the DOJ is not going to care whether it had pinned magazine or not. However, it is likely that many owners of CA fixed mag V15s would not be aware of the new registration requirements. Unless the fixed magazine CA V15s are exempted from registration, the onwers would be violation of 12280 after 90 days if they did not register their once legal fixed mag V15.

If the fixed mag version does get exempted from the list then it would not be elligible for registration. If one registered an exempt V15 (fixed mag CA legal), there is a good chance that the registration would be invalidated; which could the owner in trouble.

BTW, there are two ways to tell if a V15 is a CA model. Remove the magazine catch and look for the hole where the roll pin is used to secure the fixed magazine. Or the DOJ could obtain the serial number range of all CA V15s and check all V15 registrations against this range.

Let's wait and see what happens.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:29:19 AM EDT
[#10]
I don't see how they can't add "V-15" to the list and leave open the door for more bare receivers to come in. The only way around this is if a new "model" name is used from here on out specifically for CA versions. It will be a bit of work for them to figure out what serial # range could be exempt. I'm very curious to see how this particular model is handled.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top