Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/16/2005 5:59:53 PM EDT
Do i still need a gun lock for a striped AR lower?
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:07:14 PM EDT
I am pretty sure that for any firearm, no mater how complete, if it isn't going straight home into a DOJ approved safe then it needs to be purchased with a lock.

Also, if I were you, I would be a bit more discrete about what I asking about in regards to what you asked about.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:09:19 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 1clicc:
Do i still need a gun lock for a striped AR lower?

When I bought my Fab10 lower back in '02 it was stripped, and the people at the gunshop didn't make me buy/supply a lock or show proof of a gun safe. It's probably changed by now though.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 9:52:09 PM EDT
I bought a stripped Imbel (FAL type) receiver in 2003 and my dealer required a lock. I simply went down to Wally World and bought their cheap, CA approved, universal cable lock for about $5.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 10:23:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/16/2005 10:24:25 PM EDT by 1clicc]

When I bought my Fab10 lower back in '02 it was stripped, and the people at the gunshop didn't make me buy/supply a lock or show proof of a gun safe. It's probably changed by now though.

Yeah ... same here too, but instead of a striped FAB10, i bought the whole complete rifle and i didn't hear anything from the FFL about i have to get a lock. This was last year only. Than again, maybe it might changed.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 11:20:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/17/2005 11:21:02 AM EDT by talbalos]

Originally Posted By 1clicc:

Yeah ... same here too, but instead of a striped FAB10, i bought the whole complete rifle and i didn't hear anything from the FFL about i have to get a lock. This was last year only. Than again, maybe it might changed.

It's been CA law since January 1, 2002

caag.state.ca.us/firearms/fsdcertlist.htm

Effective January 1, 2002, no firearm may be sold, transferred, or manufactured within California unless that firearm is accompanied by a DOJ-approved firearms safety device (California Penal Code section 12087, et seq).caag.state.ca.us/firearms/dwcl/12087.htm

The safety device requirement does not apply to the following:

* Persons who can demonstrate the purchase of a DOJ-approved safety device in the 30 days prior to taking possession of the firearm by presenting the device to the firearms dealer and providing the firearms dealer with a receipt showing the purchase date and model name of the device.
* The commerce of any firearm defined as an "antique firearm" pursuant to federal law.
* The commerce of any firearm intended to be used by a salaried, full-time peace officer for law enforcement purposes.
* Transfers of firearms to persons who demonstrate ownership of a qualifying gun safe. Ownership may be demonstrated by displaying to the firearms dealer: 1) A receipt indicating purchase of, or an affidavit, signed under penalty of perjury, stating that the purchaser owns a gun safe, and 2) An affidavit, signed under penalty of perjury, stating that the gun safe meets the standards set forth in DOJ regulations.

Top Top