Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/15/2005 3:12:09 PM EDT
So, with the end of the year approaching, I'm running short on time to make my 2005 firearm purchase.

Are there any new handgun restrictions coming in that will make some currently legal weapons illegal for sale? Chamber indicator requirements, or other things like that?

NTM
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 3:40:46 PM EDT
[#1]
From what I know, guns already on the approved to sale list does not get affected, as long as manufacturer maintain that model on the list. New gun or old gun drop-off from the list will need to follow the new rule. 2006 require chamber indicator or magazine disconnect; 2007 require both. If the handgun of your choice is already on the list, check when it expired and try to buy one before the date (just in case if manufacturer decide not to maintain it on the list).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top