Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2003 11:59:32 AM EDT
I just got back from a last-minute, week-long business trip to Carlsbad, CA.  This was my first time ever to California.  (the west coast at all, for that matter)

While there I had the pleasure of dining up and down the coast from Carlsbad to just north of San Diego.  I visited such fine places as  (and forgive for spelling errors) Epazotte, Bellefleur, Claim Jumpers, Viggalucci's and, yes folks, In and Out.

Ah, In and Out burgers...

I also had a few opportunities to 'mingle' while taking a very short break to hit the Carlsbad Company Stores (the local 'mall') to buy a few presents for my son and wife.

All in all, it was a beautiful place!  The people were nice, the places were nice, the weather was perfect and the sights were even nicer along the beach...

As much shit as you guys take for your government (as do we here in NJ), California is, indeed, a very nice place...  So, I just wanted to say thanks for a great stay and I hope I can come back again sometime!
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 1:46:56 PM EDT
[#1]
WELL!!! ...with an attitude like that, your welcome here anytime.
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 3:44:47 PM EDT
[#2]
yea the people's republic of kalifornia is great.  if it weren't for all that great stuff you mentioned i'm sure we would all move to a state that doesn't believe in all the crappy gun laws we have here in ca.  come and visit all you like!!

-dan
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 2:18:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm glad you enjoyed your trip.  I always thought Carlsbad was a little seedy. San Diego is nice though, even though it has a heavy Arizona and New Mexico influence...

Next time come up to Orange County.  Check out Dana Point and Newport beach if you want to see some of the most amazing women in the world.
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 8:47:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I too love much of California.  It's beautiful, the weather is great, everyone is very nice.  Some of the people in the bay area and Davis really get on my nerves but that's about it.  I wish I could stay here, but I am going to move out of this state.  Taxes are ridiculous and are going to get worse.  The laws suck, our politicians are as corrupt as those in China.  It's just really bad and getting worse, I don't feel safe here and I don't feel like I can even protect myself without having the law come down on me instead of the perp.  I'm done giving my money to a corrupt state government and furthering their adgendas.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top