Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2003 11:09:55 AM EDT
I recently came back to cali (been here all my life-left and now back for good), and need to transfer a rifle from out of state (purchasing it from out of state). Besides the drivers license, what else do they need - before I just show them copies of my bank statements-since i'm so called new in town. Are there any other forms (I have a motorcycle insurance here in cali for almost a year now). Or am I out of luck and will have to wait 6 months?
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 12:49:05 PM EDT
I think you also need something that proves residence, like a utility bill that goes 3 months back. Last time I bought a long gun was a while ago (right before I got married [:\]) but I don't think this has changed.
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 10:16:57 PM EDT
I believe you only need proof of residence if your purchasing a handgun.

For long guns all you need is your drivers licence.
Link Posted: 8/31/2003 11:03:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/31/2003 11:04:09 AM EDT by BigMac]
Youll need a CA DL and a right thumb print, a lock or a safe afidavit.

Top Top