Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/29/2003 5:07:52 PM EDT
I want you to join the CRPA!

Founded in 1875, the California Rifle and Pistol Association is now over 60,000 strong and growing.

In an age of constant political attacks on the rights of law-abiding citizens to own and use firearms for legitimate purposes, the California Rifle and Pistol Association is the state organization dedicated to protecting firearms freedoms and promoting shooting sports.

Through its full-time legislative advocate in Sacramento, CRPA fights adverse firearms legislation and promotes laws that will protect your rights.

When the CRPA speaks, politicians have learned to listen!

Historically, the CRPA has played an important role in promoting the shooting sports by conducting state championship matches for adults and young shooters, teaching firearms safety, and supporting state teams to the national championships each year.

CRPA's monthly publication, The Firing Line, keeps you abreast of current legislative and shooting news.
This is actually a 24 page newsletter but is always worth reading keeping you up to date on what's going on in California - worth the $18 a year alone.

These guys are fighting the good fight for our black rifles - they're involved with AB50, the Semi-auto ban, the Gun Show bans and many many others. Even when I was in Washington State for three years I kept my membership up as what happens in California normally spreads - so you out of state readers think about joining too if you would.

At 60,000 people (and growing) the organization isn't exactly small and they do get involved legally with many many issues on our behave. Support them if you can - $18 is a box of .308 ammo or three boxes of .223 to me.

Their home page www.crpa.org/
On-line membership form www.crpa.org/memform.html

Link Posted: 7/29/2003 9:29:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I second that.  I'm already a member, and will upgrade to lifetime in the next month.  They've been pretty active in keeping tabs on the pulse on the state capitol.  Hopefully, the CA-AWB goes away at some point.  You never know, with the current political climate though, but it's a cause I'm supporting!
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 10:11:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm a life member.  CRPA membership counts for CMP affiliated club membership too.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 8:52:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm also a life member.

AR15fan,
That's great about the CMP, but how does it work, do you also have to shoot in a CRPA match before ordering from CMP?
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 9:12:51 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I'm also a life member.

AR15fan,
That's great about the CMP, but how does it work, do you also have to shoot in a CRPA match before ordering from CMP?

Yes unless you're military and then that requirement is waived. The CRPA has contacts that can hook you up with a match and a shooting range. You only have to shoot - not shoot well
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top