Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/25/2003 11:28:17 PM EDT
Well, I made it out to the range today and had a few surprises with my ammo - the Q3131A failed to eject 3 out of an estimated 200 rounds. (brand new upper/bolt/extractor/everything, but I'll still check the extractor)

And then came the part I KNEW would come.. The guy next to me brought his 1974 AR-15 carbine, in all it's pre-ban glory, detachable mag and all.. AND NOW I WANT ONE TOO!!

I'm 19 and already considering spending money to move to another state so I can spend more money on a pre-ban real AR.. I'm pathetic.. Black Rifle Fever has me, oh it has me big time.

-Lee

(PS: The guy was trying to zero his $50 scope. His words of advice - "spend more than $50 on a scope." I asked him about his AR and he said that he loved it.. when it works. I offered to take it off his hands but he politely refused. drat!)
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 5:51:17 AM EDT
Lol, I'd say spend more than $300 on a acope at least, other than Tasco Pro Point red dot, which I've heard great things about.
You can still get a FAL and M1A, and if you must, a Mini 14.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 3:18:37 PM EDT
Duffy - what kind of FAL is legal in CA? I gave up hope of buying a real FAL in CA long ago. Help me please.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 3:29:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/28/2003 5:38:48 PM EDT by Duffy]
If the AWB sunsets we can get FALs with all the features, until then, you can get one with a pistol grip but a fixed 10rd magazine (top, stripper loading). Or you can buy one with detachable magazine (usually not included) and the pistol grip removed. Go here entreprise.com/, they'll sell you as many as you want
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 4:44:40 PM EDT
Duffy even if the Federal AWB sunsets, wont we still be prohibited by the California AWB?
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 5:38:13 PM EDT
Hawk I know we still can't buy "assault weapons" regardless what may happen to the AWB, I thought the "3 features" limitation was imposed by the federal ban? I should retract what I said earlier, so sowee.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 5:54:26 PM EDT
No appology necessary. There's a couple of black rifles I'd buy if it was to be. I'd be out of this shithole state except the commute to work would be a bitch. Somethings not right when you own a particular gun in one state, drive accross the border and instantly be a felon due to a couple of politicians (roberti and roos) vision of things.
Top Top