Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/25/2003 11:28:17 PM EDT
Well, I made it out to the range today and had a few surprises with my ammo - the Q3131A failed to eject 3 out of an estimated 200 rounds. (brand new upper/bolt/extractor/everything, but I'll still check the extractor)

And then came the part I KNEW would come.. The guy next to me brought his 1974 AR-15 carbine, in all it's pre-ban glory, detachable mag and all.. AND NOW I WANT ONE TOO!!

I'm 19 and already considering spending money to move to another state so I can spend more money on a pre-ban real AR.. I'm pathetic.. Black Rifle Fever has me, oh it has me big time.

-Lee

(PS: The guy was trying to zero his $50 scope. His words of advice - "spend more than $50 on a scope." I asked him about his AR and he said that he loved it.. when it works. I offered to take it off his hands but he politely refused. drat!)
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 5:51:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Lol, I'd say spend more than $300 on a acope at least, other than Tasco Pro Point red dot, which I've heard great things about.
You can still get a FAL and M1A, and if you must, a Mini 14.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 3:18:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Duffy - what kind of FAL is legal in CA?  I gave up hope of buying a real FAL in CA long ago.  Help me please.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 3:29:18 PM EDT
[#3]
If the AWB sunsets we can get FALs with all the features, until then, you can get one with a pistol grip but a fixed 10rd magazine (top, stripper loading).  Or you can buy one with detachable magazine (usually not included) and the pistol grip removed.  Go here entreprise.com/, they'll sell you as many as you want
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 4:44:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Duffy even if the Federal AWB sunsets, wont we still be prohibited by the California AWB?
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 5:38:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Hawk I know we still can't buy "assault weapons" regardless what may happen to the AWB, I thought the "3 features" limitation was imposed by the federal ban? I should retract what I said earlier, so sowee.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 5:54:26 PM EDT
[#6]
No appology necessary. There's a couple of black rifles I'd buy if it was to be. I'd be out of this shithole state except the commute to work would be a bitch. Somethings not right when you own a particular gun in one state, drive accross the border and instantly be a felon due to a couple of politicians (roberti and roos) vision of things.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top