Page / 5
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 1:27:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
@leftytheking I'm in Pinellas County, Tampa Bay area
View Quote
Updated.

Not sure where we're going but at least it's a start.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 1:53:26 PM EDT
[#2]
@leftytheking
I'm located in the arm pit of the state, Charlotte County.
We could do a SWFL region.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 1:54:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I'm up in Jax.

I'd prefer localized chapters with a statewide organization, personally. It would allow more frequent meetings in general and then linking up for a big event. I'd think it would also make recruitment easier to have multiple hubs.
View Quote
This is the model I would agree with to get max participation. A lot of us aren't free to do overnight travel much due to schedules, but getting out for a day locally will not be a problem.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 2:09:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Awesome, sounds like there's a few of us with access to the ONF.
View Quote
I kinda live on the northern edge of the ONF.
Im 30 mins to 1.5 hours to everyone from jax,gville,daytona,ocala,Sanford.

Lefty.
Orlando is lil south for me region wise..
But ill prolly cross pollinate between the northern/east central  Florida groups.

No offense to those who live in the shadow of Mouseaistani control..but fuck that place..
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 2:11:38 PM EDT
[#5]
In Brooker. Just north of Gainesville.  I'm in, but not built for hiking.

I'm more "supplies and logistics."
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 2:12:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Tampa Area here I’m down
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 2:34:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
In Brooker. Just north of Gainesville.  I'm in, but not built for hiking.

I'm more "supplies and logistics."
View Quote
Not everyone is in tip top shape...some are just " shaped " .
But. Everyone has a part to play.
I cant hump out 90lbs all day anymore....and 50 even exceeds my weights for ruck or fighting gear due to injuries and age.
But once back on track ill give it a go.

Worse case we put you on the CPF( cooler protection force) and assign you grill duty while on Ops.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 2:37:29 PM EDT
[#8]
List updated
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 3:05:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
@leftytheking
View Quote
I'm in Ft. Myers. I agree on the SW Fl group.

@BlackFox

And I'll try and get a couple of the other locals here on board.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 4:42:23 PM EDT
[#10]
@leftytheking

I'm in Palm Beach County.  With the way things are broken up, it looks like that puts me in the Miami group.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 5:00:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I'm right across the bay In Ruskin. Hillsborough County Tampa Bay. Hillsbourough County FIRE RESCUE

leftytheking

Ya'll need better usernames

@dneal33 @BayEagle @firemedic2000 @TheSurvivalist @lowdrag82
Being a FIREFIGHTER and PARAMEDIC might explain my user name. We are called FIREMEDICS
Also ex Army Ranger.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 5:03:54 PM EDT
[#12]
If there’s still room in the Tampa group I’m down
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 5:07:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
If there’s still room in the Tampa group I’m down
View Quote
There's always room.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 5:07:48 PM EDT
[#14]
FBB hike 22 Feb 20 at 1300

OK, a hike is on the way!  Put your questions and comments about that hike in that thread, not this one.  I'll update the op here too.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 5:16:50 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm in for a meet and greet. Until I'm healed up good. I can't hike right now. Just had total knee replacement on my left knee.

Or I can be the medic at hike.

Played to hard in my careers. Climbing a 10 story ladder at 70° angle every shift. When I was on the ladder truck. Plus what I did in batt. Worn my knee out.

I might be able to do it if it's not a force march and not 20 miles. I'm long over this no pain no gain. I've paid my bill in full on that one.

Just read link. There's no way I can meet those hiking standards right now. Now having just had surgery. Damn it that sucks.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 5:23:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'm in for a meet and greet. Until I'm healed up good. I can't hike right now. Just had total knee replacement on my left knee.

Or I can be the medic at hike.

Played to hard in my careers. Climbing a 10 story ladder at 70° angle every shift. When I was on the ladder truck. Plus what I did in batt. Worn my knee out.

I might be able to do it if it's not a force march and not 20 miles. I'm long over this no pain no gain. I've paid my bill in full on that one.
View Quote
Heal up, join us at a future hike!  We'd be happy for you to show up regardless.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 5:32:55 PM EDT
[#17]
@leftytheking  Thanks for the organization...I was thinking along the same lines but hadn't gotten-round to it.  

I'm down for a state-wide organization and will do my best to attend.  The time commitment for any travel can be a concern.

I think some of the success in VA is they can do a late afternoon hike or something early and avoid committing a full day to the event.  More like 3-4 hours total.

Statewide events may take a 3-4 hour driving commitment or overnight depending upon location.

I can do more frequent local meetups.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 5:40:57 PM EDT
[#18]
@protus  That hike in Astor is about an hour away for me.  Date is good right now.  If you get other interest, maybe start a thread on it.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 5:48:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
@protus  That hike in Astor is about an hour away for me.  Date is good right now.  If you get other interest, maybe start a thread on it.
View Quote
@tcfla

Rgr.
Just trying to get the ball rolling on this east/north central area.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 7:44:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

@BlackFox

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@leftytheking

@BlackFox

In!

Thanks for driving this guys.  The thing Virginia taught a few of us is that it's better to get ahead of organizing, voting and influencing than it is digging out, marching and trying to recover.  I wish I had listened to Miami JBT and gotten involved sooner.  Lesson learned.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 8:32:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

In!

Thanks for driving this guys.  The thing Virginia taught a few of us is that it's better to get ahead of organizing, voting and influencing than it is digging out, marching and trying to recover.  I wish I had listened to Miami JBT and gotten involved sooner.  Lesson learned.
View Quote
@BlackFox I hear you were a big mover and shaker in Virginia.  Virginia will always be my favorite state and my adopted home.  Thank you for doing all you did for Virginia.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 8:36:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
FBB hike 22 Feb 20 at 1300

OK, a hike is on the way!  Put your questions and comments about that hike in that thread, not this one.  I'll update the op here too.
View Quote
Wrong weekend for me. I would make the drive but I think I’m out at this time.

Yes. I ignored all the rules.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 8:44:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

In!

View Quote
Miami_JBT has been a very focal voice for us since I can remember.  He cola’d with us in ‘18 after showing face and giving speech at the capital. He’s a true patriot and we should all shrive to be like him.

Voice are heard, faces are seen, and crowds are noticed. Groups opposing us will bus people in to make this happen. We have to be a counter to that.

This is just what I’ve noticed from past events.

I will say that I’ve slacked my ass at this it I will improve.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 10:22:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Compiling the data in the thread so far, we have:

North Region

PENSACOLA
DamonSriv, +4, Group Leader

JACKSONVILLE
Katanasword
verticalgain
evlblkwpnz
DominicO
RayJaxShooter
cttb
rival904
mgwantob
BrowardMason

TALLAHASSEE
Miami_JBT
joker581

Central Region

GAINESVILLE
BoostKING
Iain
nowgrn4
kissfan
protus

ORLANDO
tcfla
leftytheking
swamp_fighter
IslandTimes
Onefast93z28
HiFlow
robertmegar
THEBAUMER
cavegeo
MrHold
Vinnland

TAMPA
CrazyIvan6115
cptmike223
Mavros
dneal33
BayEagle
firemedic2000
TheSurvivalist
lowdrag82
spartacus2002
vdab890
GreatPenetration
Doritodust
9mmCarbine

South Region

MIAMI
davidr001
Hamiltbl2
japsw20
MoarCoffee
searchin4shacks
speeddemon11L

PORT CHARLOTTE
Plank_Spanker
GRUMPY61
Yea-Right

Unassigned
Mannlicher
HAWK347
BillyDBerger
PR361
WE_BE_KILLING_UM
dickjames214
M4Real

We can draw our region boundaries however it best fits, and combine/separate local chapters as necessary.  If you are new to the thread after this post, @leftytheking with your location of choice and I'll update as necessary.  If you're unassigned, let me know where you want to be.  Some people are between two groups.  The post below will @ everyone on this list so far for corrections/discussion.

Being in more than one group is perfectly fine, I'm just sorting the field right now.

I'll start working on a hiking locations list as well.
View Quote
Thank you for this!

Sorry I haven't been in the thread much today,  I was sick and fell down a night vision rabbithole on Youtube and the Tech Forums.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 10:32:09 PM EDT
[#25]
I won’t be able to make that weekend due to reserve military schedule but I am designing an event for the Jacksonville/ north Florida crew that should be a good workout.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 11:08:52 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm interested.  But being in the panhandle anything in central fla could be a 6-8 hour drive.  Not really do-able on a 2 day weekend.  I'll keep a lookout for other events.l
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 4:31:28 PM EDT
[#27]
I'm good for either the Gainesville area or the Jax area. I live between both cities.
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 5:22:10 PM EDT
[#28]
May check THIS over the weekend, Has a 5.3 loop

I'm like a 10 minute drive away
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 10:49:17 PM EDT
[#29]
How about some training? I work with a group of guys that do TCCC training a few times a year, if we can organize a group I’m sure we can get some much needed medical training.
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 11:54:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Compiling the data in the thread so far, we have:

North Region

PENSACOLA
DamonSriv, +4, Group Leader

JACKSONVILLE
Katanasword
verticalgain
evlblkwpnz
DominicO
RayJaxShooter
cttb
rival904
mgwantob
BrowardMason

TALLAHASSEE
Miami_JBT
joker581

Central Region

GAINESVILLE
BoostKING
Iain
nowgrn4
kissfan
protus

ORLANDO
tcfla
leftytheking
swamp_fighter
IslandTimes
Onefast93z28
HiFlow
robertmegar
THEBAUMER
cavegeo
MrHold
Vinnland

TAMPA
CrazyIvan6115
cptmike223
Mavros
dneal33
BayEagle
firemedic2000
TheSurvivalist
lowdrag82
spartacus2002
vdab890
GreatPenetration
Doritodust
9mmCarbine

South Region

MIAMI
davidr001
Hamiltbl2
japsw20
MoarCoffee
searchin4shacks
speeddemon11L

PORT CHARLOTTE
Plank_Spanker
GRUMPY61
Yea-Right

Unassigned
Mannlicher
HAWK347
BillyDBerger
PR361
WE_BE_KILLING_UM
dickjames214
M4Real

We can draw our region boundaries however it best fits, and combine/separate local chapters as necessary.  If you are new to the thread after this post, @leftytheking with your location of choice and I'll update as necessary.  If you're unassigned, let me know where you want to be.  Some people are between two groups.  The post below will @ everyone on this list so far for corrections/discussion.

Being in more than one group is perfectly fine, I'm just sorting the field right now.

I'll start working on a hiking locations list as well.
View Quote
I'm in Gainesville.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 12:14:54 AM EDT
[#31]
I'm in Saint Lucie county
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 6:22:00 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
How about some training? I work with a group of guys that do TCCC training a few times a year, if we can organize a group I'm sure we can get some much needed medical training.
View Quote
Sounds fun...
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 8:36:33 AM EDT
[#33]
I live up near Jacksonville, but I'm definitely willing to travel. Unfortunately, I won't be home in time for this one. I'm definitely in for future hikes though!! We need to get a FBB logo/patch together
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 8:40:27 AM EDT
[#34]
For us NE FL guys, there's the Baldwin-Jacksonville Rail Trail.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 8:03:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 9:46:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I'm interested.  But being in the panhandle anything in central fla could be a 6-8 hour drive.  Not really do-able on a 2 day weekend.  I'll keep a lookout for other events.l
View Quote
I listed you under Pensacola for now. That might be your closest group.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 9:50:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I'm in Saint Lucie county
View Quote
Tentatively, I put you under Port Charlotte since my Google fu says that’s your shortest drive. I guess it’s up to you which direction is most convenient.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 10:09:23 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Tentatively, I put you under Port Charlotte since my Google fu says that’s your shortest drive. I guess it’s up to you which direction is most convenient.
View Quote
That's on the other side of the state from me. I guess you can put me in the Gainesville group, my inlaws live in Marion county, so I'm up that way often.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 8:56:02 AM EDT
[#39]
You can tag me to the Orlando group, I’m in Sanford, hoo , skip & a jump to O’town
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 5:18:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
@RINO_Hunter
View Quote
Thanks.

@leftytheking please add me to the Jax group.  We were able to acquire a couple pearls of wisdom in VA about all this.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 9:02:08 AM EDT
[#41]
List updated
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 11:14:38 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Well, everything looks good to go for me on the 22nd. I'll be there unless something unexpected happens.
View Quote
Same here.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 10:56:16 PM EDT
[#43]
I just found this thread, hooray!

I’m in the Tampa region, and should be able to make the 2/22 hike in Largo since I live here. Kinda makes me wanna renew my membership now, too.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 2:25:04 PM EDT
[#44]
I'm in... I live in north Lake county but can drive just about anywhere.

Only potential problem is my job, I work alternating weekends and have a TON of shit on the side. I used to run a lot but knee surgery two years ago put an end to that... I'm pretty sure I can hike to hell and back though.

My place in Jefferson county (35 miles east of Tallahasee) could possibly serve as a meeting place... not only is it out in the boonies sort of, with a dirt road through the woods that would provide a hiking route, I have a place to shoot, build a fire, and socialize.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 2:57:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Only potential problem is my job, I work alternating weekends and have a TON of shit on the side. I used to run a lot but knee surgery two years ago put an end to that... I'm pretty sure I can hike to hell and back though.

My place in Jefferson county (35 miles east of Tallahasee) could possibly serve as a meeting place... not only is it out in the boonies sort of, with a dirt road through the woods that would provide a hiking route, I have a place to shoot, build a fire, and socialize.
View Quote
That's a helluva offer! I'm not sure who the formal Point of Contact is for Tallahassee area, maybe @Miami_JBT ? but we need to take you up on that.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 3:05:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 5:27:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I've been to his property. It is a nice place.
View Quote
Plenty of room for pitching a tent or dragging a camper along...
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 5:36:13 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
I’ve been to Bob’s place many times and it’s very nice, and the roads around his property would be perfect for a hike.  Class move for him to offer it up to the group.

Unfortunately, I will not be able to make the 2/22 Largo meet and hike as I will be taking a Bob Keller carbine and pistol course that weekend that is actually being held at Bob’s place.  Hopefully I can be a part of the next planned event.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 5:53:08 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've been to his property. It is a nice place.
if you offer to let people drive in the night before and camp, you'd get increased attendance from people outside the area.  You get enough people doing that, you could name the march the next day The Hangover Games
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 5:56:01 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Unfortunately, I will not be able to make the 2/22 Largo meet and hike as I will be taking a Bob Keller carbine and pistol course that weekend that is actually being held at Bob’s place.  Hopefully I can be a part of the next planned event.
View Quote
Not a problem, there will be more hikes in Pinellas County.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top