Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/1/2020 4:19:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm coming from Ft. Myers. I have a four door 1 Y/O F-150 and had planned on driving all the way. But I'm flexible.

I was gonna get ahold of RINO_H about meeting up, I was just waiting for after the holidays.

I can fit 3 comfortably with a covered bed for our gear.

We'll figure it out.
Link Posted: 1/1/2020 4:50:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes we will figure it out.
Another thing to consider is where to stay when up there and when/where to meet up for the return trip.
Many folk have or are arranging for places to stay. Do we want to stay together as the Florida crowd or split up then reunite? As for me I think ride arrangements are first then figure out where to stay. Return trip should be the easiest. Simply be at the corner or 1st and Main (or whatever a convenient place might be, hell, might even be Walmart parking lot) at x:xx time.
Link Posted: 1/2/2020 7:52:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Gov. DeSantis signing HB6 helped. But honestly, I believe BAWN hurt themselves by going after too much. Remember, FL is home to 2 million CCW permits and 7.5 million gun owners. Many of them in Blue Counties.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Florida has enough problems with anti gun liberals without doing something as stupid as driving to Virginia and bearding their lion.  We face a Constitutional Amendment banning guns in November.  It will probably pass.  Best make your plans for that.
BAWN doesn't have enough signatures. They need 760,000+ by Feb. 2020 and they don't even have over 140,000.
I am pleasantly surprised about that. Thank God our governor made it difficult for them.
Gov. DeSantis signing HB6 helped. But honestly, I believe BAWN hurt themselves by going after too much. Remember, FL is home to 2 million CCW permits and 7.5 million gun owners. Many of them in Blue Counties.
Good point. Still very happy we don't have to sweat it this year at least. I think eventually we will have to face this crap.
Link Posted: 1/2/2020 8:34:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Can't be there, so I am throwing in some free soft armor. So far I haven't had a whole lot of takers in the VA forum.

If you're going to VA buck naked (no armor) and can fit into a small IBA, hit me up if you'd like something other than a cotton shirt covering your backside. Please just throw in $20 for shipping, or local pickup near the space coast.

Details about 2/3rds down this page in the VA hometown forum.
Link Posted: 1/2/2020 8:52:18 PM EDT
[#5]
@RINO_Hunter

Hit me up, neighbor.
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 12:19:57 AM EDT
[#6]
@RINO_Hunter

Sorry, I haven't been on ARF for a few years before the VA stuff popped up, so I forgot to check mentions. I'm in Jax too, and if you rented that place I would love to get in on it. I have been trying to figure out logistics for the trip. I'd love to carpool as well. I'm happy to throw gas and rent money down, and I have a bit of gear I can loan out if needed, but nothing very fancy.

I'll send you a PM.

Random packing thoughts: merino wool baselayers are the best thing ever, and being non-synthetic don't melt to flesh. Synthetic fibers and fire don't mix. A full face mask respirator with a P100 particulate filter will handle almost all riot dispersal agents. That said, Virginia does have a mask law, so I don't know if that is legal. From reading the law, it stipulates that the intent must be to conceal your identity, so using a mask for chemical protection would be hard for a prosecutor to argue, I think. A paper map of Richmond is a good backup to have in case things went completely tits up. Look up crime rates in parts of the city and circle the areas to avoid beforehand if you're not familiar with the area (I'm not at all.)

If 100k people really do show up, make sure you have at least 3 days of food and water on your back, as well as enough warmth available that you could sleep outside for a night if you need to. That said, in full battle rattle trying to sleep on a street is probably going to end badly. A backpack with a set of street clothes and enough room to stash your gun out of sight is a good idea. Immodium and a plan for how to pee is a good idea too. If you're prescribed medication, keep it on you and if it is a controlled substance make sure it is in the original bottle. Even with a prescription you can be charged with possession if it's out of the bottle. Hospitals usually ignore blood type info and just type you to be sure, but if you have any known allergies that information should be prominently displayed somewhere, along with emergency contact information.

I don't know if there are any lawyers in the area who are known to be friendly to the cause, but it's a good idea to have phone numbers for legal council or any other help you may need written on an arm.

I'm hoping the police there will be friendly so we won't be dealing with the types of issues I'm planning for above. As mentioned earlier, I'm only intending to go with medical kit so I can help anyone who gets hurt, not to cause trouble myself - I just prefer to be ready if it's hoisted upon me.
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 1:46:58 AM EDT
[#7]
I know we are having one here in Michigan.
At the State Capitol building. 1-20-20 at around 12pm
I hope everyone shows up.
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 4:31:50 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm trying to recruit people locally to attend. So far, I have one confirmed and two maybes. The big problem is, most of the folks I talk to, don't even know what's going on.
Link Posted: 1/6/2020 7:17:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm trying to recruit people locally to attend. So far, I have one confirmed and two maybes. The big problem is, most of the folks I talk to, don't even know what's going on.
View Quote
I actually heard a guy in line at academy in dirtona telling his girl or someone about it.
Loud enough to be heard 4 people up in line. Guy and his girl looked more john brown club ....

Not many know..ive been telling folks but, with out MSM play, it gets glossed over.

Plus they get " its VA ..not fla.."
Link Posted: 1/6/2020 8:45:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/6/2020 11:01:10 PM EDT
[#11]
I am in Yulee, North of Jax. If anyone is coming this way and has room for one more I am pretty sure I'll be game. I set my own hours and days, for the most part. I can likely swing 3 days total. PM me. I'm not sure I can find anyone else around here with nuts enough to go. Sad situation.
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 10:47:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 7:12:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
For anyone wanting to help with the cost of dinner BlackFox is generously hosting, thread and gofundme below:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Official-VA-Lobby-Day-dinner-fundraiser-gofundme/5-2286812/

gofundme

dinner thread: https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/HEADCOUNT-Richmond-VA-Rally-Jan-20-dinner-meet-up/5-2285460/
View Quote
Damn, you guys are too much. Its at like 2,200 already. ?? Even though I regrettably cant make it, I dropped some $$ for the cause.
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 6:52:53 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm in for a hundo.
Link Posted: 1/17/2020 11:37:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'm coming from Ft. Myers. I have a four door 1 Y/O F-150 and had planned on driving all the way. But I'm flexible.

I was gonna get ahold of RINO_H about meeting up, I was just waiting for after the holidays.

I can fit 3 comfortably with a covered bed for our gear.

We'll figure it out.
View Quote
Did you get any takers? Sorry for the late jump in but did not want to try until sure I could make it.

IM to follow.
Link Posted: 1/17/2020 11:41:44 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm currently in Jax with R/H and others. we're heading to Richmond early tomorrow. Hope to see you there.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 8:55:08 AM EDT
[#17]
any members driving through north florida/south Georgia today or tomorrow and could meet up with me to get a fellow member a plate carrier who is driving to va from texas?
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 9:55:13 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
any members driving through north florida/south Georgia today or tomorrow and could meet up with me to get a fellow member a plate carrier who is driving to va from texas?
View Quote
Where are you and how will we get it to them?
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 11:28:39 AM EDT
[#19]
Pm sent
@evlblkwpnz
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 4:33:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Ive been following this since last night. Barely slept any and was up at 6 tuned in. You guys did an outstanding job!!! I had pretty deep reservations there was going to be some shit go down with all the talk leading up. Rest easy and safe travels home.

Link Posted: 1/24/2020 10:04:48 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
For anyone wanting to help with the cost of dinner BlackFox is generously hosting, thread and gofundme below:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Official-VA-Lobby-Day-dinner-fundraiser-gofundme/5-2286812/

gofundme

dinner thread: https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/HEADCOUNT-Richmond-VA-Rally-Jan-20-dinner-meet-up/5-2285460/
View Quote
I have patches for anyone who donated prior to the event. Details in the first thread above.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 10:43:30 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 10:08:34 PM EDT
[#23]
I donated as well. A patch would be cool as long as all the ones that attended are covered first.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top