User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 11:38:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 8:57:02 AM EDT
[#2]
And yet a binary trigger doesn't actually alter or increase the cyclic rate of fire of a rifle, nor does it even increase the achievable percentage of the cyclic rate of fire beyond what's possible with nothing but a common, well-understood, and fairly simple technique. In fact, an actual bump fire stock doesn't even meet those standards.

Either that or every aftermarket trigger in the state of florida is also illegal. Why hasn't this made it to the state supreme court yet? Why hasn't our pro-gun governor directed law enforcement to ignore this unenforceable law yet? Do we really have no recourse against poorly written and and unconstitutional laws unless and until someone actually goes to jail and gets their life upended by one?

Also, given that the FL constitution only grants the state the power to regulate the manner of bearing arms, has the legislature not exceeded its authority in passing this law?
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 8:23:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
And yet a binary trigger doesn't actually alter or increase the cyclic rate of fire of a rifle, nor does it even increase the achievable percentage of the cyclic rate of fire beyond what's possible with nothing but a common, well-understood, and fairly simple technique. In fact, an actual bump fire stock doesn't even meet those standards.

Either that or every aftermarket trigger in the state of florida is also illegal. Why hasn't this made it to the state supreme court yet? Why hasn't our pro-gun governor directed law enforcement to ignore this unenforceable law yet? Do we really have no recourse against poorly written and and unconstitutional laws unless and until someone actually goes to jail and gets their life upended by one?

Also, given that the FL constitution only grants the state the power to regulate the manner of bearing arms, has the legislature not exceeded its authority in passing this law?
View Quote
What about Mossberg MVP bolt actions with Lightning adjustable trigger pull.  Mossberg gave me options as to how fast I want to fire.   What about the AR's I put together that have had, and will continue to have from the manufacturer (me), Franklin Armory Triggers?  Anyone out there with a Giselle, Larue, or even PSA polished trigger?
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 1:00:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Hell, what about a lightweight bolt carriers or buffers? Different buffer springs? Maybe a gas block with a bigger port? How about putting a carbine upper on a rifle manufactured as a mid-length or dissipator? Any of those could actually increase the cyclic rate, making them more of a "bump stock" than an actual goddamn bump stock.

Then again, we make a mistake by questioning this law on its technical validity or merit. I don't think you can read the bill that gave us all these wonderful laws without concluding that the people behind it were either hopelessly incompetent or acting in bad faith. Or both. Probably both.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 4:40:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Then again, we make a mistake by questioning this law on its technical validity or merit. I don't think you can read the bill that gave us all these wonderful laws without concluding that the people behind it were either hopelessly incompetent or acting in bad faith. Or both. Probably both.
View Quote
I believe it was written purposely vague to cast as large a net as possible to ensnare as many people as possible. It's my understanding the individual who was responsible for pushing the legislation through had taken donations form Bloomberg's anti-gun organization.

https://floridapolitics.com/archives/316434-bill-galvano-defends-2018-mike-bloomberg-funds-from-don-jr-attack
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 8:15:41 AM EDT
[#6]
I have no doubt. And yeah, Miami_JBT has written at length about Galvano's involvement with pushing this garbage on us and taking Bloomberg money to do it. In a just world he'd be spat on in public for his treachery against our rights, but I'm sure he'll retire and go die fat and happy with no consequence for his ill-gotten gains.

The bump stock language was amended in by Sen. Linda Stewart, some awful-looking Karen from the Orlando area. The one that still stings the most is Rick Scott signing it though. He gave us the worst affront to our 2A rights that I'm aware of in Florida history, and we gave him a US Senate seat for it. I guess team sports outweigh principles for a lot of people.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 8:26:35 AM EDT
[#7]
You know the worst part for me on the whole Rick Scott thing though? I had waited literally six years for the chance to vote against Bill Nelson for his part in all the garbage that came up after the Newtown shooting. I was genuinely excited at the prospect of giving that man a tiny middle finger by voting for whoever ran against him. I didn't even care who - just anyone but the gun-grabbing asshole who tried to exploit a school shooting to take my rights away.

...So voting day rolls around, and I'll be damned if the "not Bill Nelson" choice wasn't the guy who actually signed a bill exploiting a school shooting to take my rights away.

I left that box blank and left in disgust.

So yeah, Rick Scott can expedite himself right to hell as far as I'm concerned. Gave me gun control and stole my chance to vote for my rights all in one fell swoop. Skeletal bag of dicks...
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 3:21:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
You know the worst part for me on the whole Rick Scott thing though? I had waited literally six years for the chance to vote against Bill Nelson for his part in all the garbage that came up after the Newtown shooting. I was genuinely excited at the prospect of giving that man a tiny middle finger by voting for whoever ran against him. I didn't even care who - just anyone but the gun-grabbing asshole who tried to exploit a school shooting to take my rights away.

...So voting day rolls around, and I'll be damned if the "not Bill Nelson" choice wasn't the guy who actually signed a bill exploiting a school shooting to take my rights away.

I left that box blank and left in disgust.

So yeah, Rick Scott can expedite himself right to hell as far as I'm concerned. Gave me gun control and stole my chance to vote for my rights all in one fell swoop. Skeletal bag of dicks...
View Quote

You are so right Sir but remember every dog has its day, we need to shit can that ass wipe come election time, hell I may even vote demorat just to eject that dirt bag.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 4:07:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Unfortunately by the time he's up in 2024 I'm sure everyone will have either forgotten the treachery that put him in office or will have found whatever justification they need to hold their nose and pull the lever.
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 4:23:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Unfortunately by the time he's up in 2024 I'm sure everyone will have either forgotten the treachery that put him in office or will have found whatever justification they need to hold their nose and pull the lever.
View Quote

You're new here so you get a pass, but not "everyone" will forget...most of us will remember and remind others when that time comes.
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 7:01:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

You're new here so you get a pass, but not "everyone" will forget...most of us will remember and remind others when that time comes.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Amen Brother, we the people never forget a traitor, our very own ass wipe Benedict Arnold Scott
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 11:26:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Well yeah, some will obviously not forget, and they might even tell others. But all I saw when people would do that was a chorus of "better than the dem do it in the primary sorry your girl lost judges judges MAGA go team R" in response. I don't hold out much hope that this year will be any different.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 9:07:43 PM EDT
[#13]
The new law is vague. You CAN buy binary triggers from re-sellers who WILL ship to Florida. But to be safe, both Franklin and Fostech will NOT ship to Florida if buying direct from them. Caveat Emptor.

AFAIK, to date no one has been prosecuted. Usually it is a "tack-on" offense if a gun with a binary trigger is used in some sort of crime, like a murder, or robbery.

There is NO case law so far AFAIK. And the STATUTE law is vague.
Therefore,  NO lawyer knows for certain. Yet.
Keep a low profile is my advice, if you wish to own and/or use.
1)DO NOT use a giant Binary sticker on your lower.

2) Stick to spaced groups of double taps.

3) Say you are Jerry Miculek's son/brother.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 10:00:44 PM EDT
[#14]
It sucks that there's no avenue to challenge this thing without someone getting arrested and possibly (probably?) Having their life ruined. Maybe we use that ridiculous Constitutional revision process for something positive for once?
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 6:49:41 PM EDT
[#15]
One bright spot - Galvano will no longer be the President of the Senate after November.
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 9:18:42 PM EDT
[#16]
I'll be glad for that, but I haven't heard much to inspire confidence in his eventual replacement or most of the FL GOP who'd supposedly work to roll back this nonsense or protect what's left of our rights. My impression was that it'll take some pretty significant structural changes before they start acting like we'd expect them to.
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 7:54:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The way its worded is aftermarket  trigger or accessory why not buy a gun with it (ecco) in the  Receiver  as factory equip  ?  The do offer it in that configuration right from the factory as a whole receiver. Then it  Does not fall into their bracket .
View Quote

Can we do this
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 10:12:41 PM EDT
[#18]
As far as binary triggers go, if you keep it on semi only in public I think it'll end up being like 922 - unless you're unlucky enough to catch the attention of a LEO or some hall monitor range officer, I don't know that anyone would pay enough attention to notice. Pretty conspicuous when you use it as intended though. If you're found to have one, I don't think "it's okay it was the original trigger so it didn't increase the rate of fire" is going to help you until you're staring down a jury that doesn't know or care about the distinction you use to justify your icky guns.
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 10:34:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Very true
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top