Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 11:32:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is this the official meet up spot and time?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't do facebook but this is the info:

"Per the NCCPA - Florida Facebook page:

Meet on Saturday, April 14th at 1:30PM EST at the Kleman Plaza Parking Garage (located at 303 S. Duval St.), then walk together to the steps of the Capitol Building which is located at 400 S Monroe St. ( approx. 3/4 of a mile)

More updates will be posted on the FB page soon. NCCPA has a website, but the vast majority of the communication for now is on Facebook."
Is this the official meet up spot and time?
Kleman Plaza Parking Garage is just to the North West of the Capitol. It is across the street and next to the State Supreme Court Building. The State Supreme Court is across the street from the Capitol directly to its West.

That we the meet up location for the March Rally.
Link Posted: 4/13/2018 7:05:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Just got off phone again with SS
Dude said buses were leaving from Tampa location @ 9am. No Clearwater buses
Called Tampa & could not confirm they have my info or if I have a seat.
Gentleman wasn't there who is handling.
Rides from Pinellas County available?
Will gladly split gas & buy lunch.
If not I will be there in spirit...
View Quote
I called SS yesterday and the guy said the bus was leaving from the Tampa location at Hwy 301 at (he thought) 8:00.  He didn't mention anything about needing a ticket, or a reservation.
I asked him to confirm the 8:00 departure (since he din't sound very sure of himself) and he told me he was sure.

I'm going to call again today.
Link Posted: 4/13/2018 7:23:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I called SS yesterday and the guy said the bus was leaving from the Tampa location at Hwy 301 at (he thought) 8:00.  He didn't mention anything about needing a ticket, or a reservation.
I asked him to confirm the 8:00 departure (since he din't sound very sure of himself) and he told me he was sure.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just got off phone again with SS
Dude said buses were leaving from Tampa location @ 9am. No Clearwater buses
Called Tampa & could not confirm they have my info or if I have a seat.
Gentleman wasn't there who is handling.
Rides from Pinellas County available?
Will gladly split gas & buy lunch.
If not I will be there in spirit...

@eracer

When I spoke with Shoot Straight. They needed a name and information to know how many seats (buses) are needed.
Link Posted: 4/13/2018 7:34:15 AM EDT
[#4]
1:45pm

ARFCOM MEET UP AT POLICE MEMORIAL

It is the West side of the Old Capitol. In the courtyard between the Old Capitol and the New Capitol's East Entrance.

Here is what the Courtyard looks like.

Senate Side - view from Historic Capitol

House Side - View from Historic Capitol

View from Historic Capitol's West Side facing the East Side Entrance of the New Capitol.

View from new Capitol's East Entrance to Old Capital's West Side
Link Posted: 4/13/2018 10:14:24 AM EDT
[#5]
@Miami_JBT

Since you're pretty familiar with that entire area, do you have any suggestions on best places to park all of our Florida-man brodozers ? Or is the Kleman Parking Garage the best bet?
Link Posted: 4/13/2018 10:17:02 AM EDT
[#6]
See you guys there.
Link Posted: 4/13/2018 11:54:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
@Miami_JBT

Since you're pretty familiar with that entire area, do you have any suggestions on best places to park all of our Florida-man brodozers ? Or is the Kleman Parking Garage the best bet?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
@Miami_JBT

Kleman is your best bet.

Parking is going to be a bitch in that area because FSU is having their Spring football game, a baseball game, and the 90's pop concert all on the same day.
Link Posted: 4/14/2018 8:36:01 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm at Shoot Straight on 301 and MLK.  The bus is full but another one is heading this way from Sarasota and there should be plenty of spaces on that one.

This bus leaves at 9:00am
The other one some time after.
A cameraman is here from local ABC affiliate WFTS, but isn't making the trip.
Link Posted: 4/14/2018 8:55:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm at Shoot Straight on 301 and MLK.  The bus is full but another one is heading this way from Sarasota and there should be plenty of spaces on that one.

This bus leaves at 9:00am
The other one some time after.
A cameraman is here from local ABC affiliate WFTS, but isn't making the trip.
View Quote
That is great news.  I'm right down the road stuck at work, in a position where there was no option to not be here today being the only person working in this role.  I'm pretty disappointed that I'm not able to make this but am very encouraged by what sounds like a good showing of people.  I also think that us Florida guys should acknowledge the good deed that Khaled and the Shoot Straight group has done, despite the opinions some hold for them.  I'd also like to suggest that we take a moment to drop them an email expressing our gratitude for their gesture, whether you are taking the bus ride today or not.  Without a doubt, our 2A rights are under assault and we must stand together despite any personal differences or opinions on particular businesses, etc.  Now is not the time for holding grudges and not giving credit where it is due.  The bottom line is SS is spending good money today that they aren't obligated to and to my knowledge they are the only ones doing something like this today.

Take pictures today and share them here so those of us who couldn't make it can see what it looks like without any bias the media may portray, if they cover this at all.  And THANK YOU to those of you taking the time to participate in this today.
Link Posted: 4/14/2018 8:58:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/14/2018 9:23:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Good stuff.  Show us what the crowd looks like when you get up there.

Enjoy, have a great day and be safe.
Link Posted: 4/14/2018 11:30:54 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm at McDonalds right down the block from the parking garage,got here a little early. :)
Link Posted: 4/14/2018 11:56:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Putting on Pants and getting ready to head out the door.

My thanks to everyone going.
Link Posted: 4/14/2018 1:11:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
Thanks!

I’m 30 minutes out.  Hoping to be on time to meet at the police memorial.  Otherwise I’m sure I’ll recognize a couple of ARFCOM’ers.  I’m also trying to hook up with a couple of Facebook friends at the memorial.
Link Posted: 4/14/2018 1:12:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
Thanks!

I’m 30 minutes out.  Hoping to be on time to meet at the police memorial.  Otherwise I’m sure I’ll recognize a couple of ARFCOM’ers.  I’m also trying to hook up with a couple of Facebook friends at the memorial.
Link Posted: 4/14/2018 1:45:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Hoping you guys post back on a great turnout.  I'm encouraged by the reports of full buses from the Shoot Straight crowd and hope that's indicative of the number of other groups and individuals attending.
Link Posted: 4/14/2018 2:06:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Just got here , a little bit late for the beans or no beans debate
Link Posted: 4/14/2018 2:31:08 PM EDT
[#18]

Link Posted: 4/14/2018 2:40:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/14/2018 2:59:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/14/2018 4:43:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Looks like a decent sized crowd from that pic- was that the entire group or is there more out of the frame?  Just curious about the numbers although I'm sure even if it was impressive the media would say "a handful of 2A supporters" showed up.
Link Posted: 4/14/2018 5:09:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/14/2018 5:10:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Looks like a decent sized crowd from that pic- was that the entire group or is there more out of the frame?  Just curious about the numbers although I'm sure even if it was impressive the media would say "a handful of 2A supporters" showed up.
View Quote
I’m guessing 1500.
Link Posted: 4/14/2018 5:45:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I’m guessing 1500.
View Quote
Nice!  Great job to all of you who made the trek.  Your efforts are appreciated!

So how many buses did Shoot Straight send up there?
Link Posted: 4/14/2018 6:55:43 PM EDT
[#25]
You guys did great. I'm sorry that I couldn't make it.

Car was broken in to this morning when I woke up. Whoever did it took my debit cards- ID- wallet- about $50 in cash.
Link Posted: 4/14/2018 7:29:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Looks like a decent sized crowd from that pic- was that the entire group or is there more out of the frame?  Just curious about the numbers although I'm suren even if it was impressive the media would say "a handful of 2A supporters" showed up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Looks like a decent sized crowd from that pic- was that the entire group or is there more out of the frame?  Just curious about the numbers although I'm suren even if it was impressive the media would say "a handful of 2A supporters" showed up.
Yeah 1500 sounds right , there were people behind me and to my flanks
Link Posted: 4/14/2018 7:45:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/14/2018 8:01:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Today was my last Pro 2nd Amendment rally ,and no more emails and telephone calls to politicians. I drove 400 miles today for 1500 people to show up ?
That's it I'm out. We had 2 months for people to make plans for this rally, I posted it everywhere I possibly could and we got 1500 people.
No "normal " people showed up but for a few. It was mostly 3% guys with their pants tucked in there boots and camo on. Where were the regular gun owners ? Enjoy your gun control.
Link Posted: 4/14/2018 8:28:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Today was my last Pro 2nd Amendment rally ,and no more emails and telephone calls to politicians. I drove 400 miles today for 1500 people to show up ?
That's it I'm out. We had 2 months for people to make plans for this rally, I posted it everywhere I possibly could and we got 1500 people.
No "normal " people showed up but for a few. It was mostly 3% guys with their pants tucked in there boots and camo on. Where were the regular gun owners ? Enjoy your gun control.
View Quote
@Progun1911

Thank you for coming up. It ain't easy. This was a III%er organized event. I understand your frustration. Hence why I'm tryi g to start a grassroots group so we can hit the pavement in the Halls of the Capitol.

1,500 was more than what showed up on March. That was only 200 folks if that. This was better organized and set up. Hell, when I go speak. I'm alone.

Seriously, thank you for showing up.
Link Posted: 4/14/2018 9:03:07 PM EDT
[#30]
i thought I heard a speaker say they had 1800 counted. I came w/ my brother and sister-in-law, we rode our mtn. bikes, so maybe not normal.
Link Posted: 4/14/2018 9:15:22 PM EDT
[#31]
On a Shoot Straight bus now. 8 hour ride there and 8 hour ride back. It's important.  No excuses. We are in a fight for our rights. Like it or not. Get in the fight. Thanks to all that travelled and gave their time, money, and energy today.
Link Posted: 4/14/2018 9:37:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
Thanks for being there, every bit helps ,i was honestly expecting max 500 people, it doesnt help that major 2nd groups dont realy gelp out at all, not a word from the nra as far as i know
Link Posted: 4/14/2018 10:31:41 PM EDT
[#33]
A great thanks  to those that attended. 1800 Patriots > 5k astroturfs
Link Posted: 4/14/2018 11:55:12 PM EDT
[#34]
@Progun1911

I hear you. Can understand your position. Have friends who would not attend as they see this as already over and digging in. They could be right.

HOWEVER -

How many pro 2nd rallies have you attended?  We well may be done, but if you don't fight accept whatever comes.

I was disappointed too, no one showed at the 'ARFCOM' meeting point at the police memorial, but there was a respectable turnout at the rally considering only a dozen or so arfcom members were all that attended. Must have been the 3% that made up the 15-1800?

And the 3% you have an issue with? At least they show. They are as 'normal' as you. Maybe more than both of us. And they have convictions.
ARFCOM was all talk - and and then it's I'm sick, mother is dying, pussy hurts, got to work, whatever else. The membership on this forum would suggest a decent representation, not so.

We offered to give rides from homes and back, still excuses. Someone else has to haul the water.

I understand being complacent, and maybe even figuring whatever you do won't really help. It may not.  We may not be changing the tide now; I will say I did NOT protest publicly prior to the '86 fiasco, or the '94, I was blind and stupid. Trusted R/R and the 94 took quietly. Since then have been as participant as possible. When shit hits the fan I will know we have done our part.

I and others drove way over 400 miles for this, and we will be at the next and whatever follows. Until the end.

This movement needs you, and whoever you can recruit, and then some. Don't bail now, build on it. Stick to your convictions. Together we stand divided we fall. No?? Are we all in or not? Our rights can sustain no further erosion. Hope to see you next event.
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 12:15:44 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
@Progun1911

I hear you. Can understand your position. Have friends who would not attend as they see this as already over and digging in. They could be right.

HOWEVER -

How many pro 2nd rallies have you attended?  We well may be done, but if you don't fight accept whatever comes.

I was disappointed too, no one showed at the 'ARFCOM' meeting point at the police memorial, but there was a respectable turnout at the rally considering only a dozen or so arfcom members were all that attended. Must have been the 3% that made up the 15-1800?

And the 3% you have an issue with? At least they show. They are as 'normal' as you. Maybe more than both of us. And they have convictions.
ARFCOM was all talk - and and then it's I'm sick, mother is dying, pussy hurts, got to work, whatever else. The membership on this forum would suggest a decent representation, not so.

We offered to give rides from homes and back, still excuses. Someone else has to haul the water.

I understand being complacent, and maybe even figuring whatever you do won't really help. It may not.  We may not be changing the tide now; I will say I did NOT protest publicly prior to the '86 fiasco, or the '94, I was blind and stupid. Trusted R/R and the 94 took quietly. Since then have been as participant as possible. When shit hits the fan I will know we have done our part.

I and others drove way over 400 miles for this, and we will be at the next and whatever follows. Until the end.

This movement needs you, and whoever you can recruit, and then some. Don't bail now, build on it. Stick to your convictions. Together we stand divided we fall. No?? Are we all in or not? Our rights can sustain no further erosion. Hope to see you next event.
View Quote
Sorry our bus was running late or more would have shown for arfcom meet up. But, we were there at 2.Still on a bus lol.
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 12:36:24 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Sorry our bus was running late or more would have shown for arfcom meet up. But, we were there at 2.Still on a bus lol.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@Progun1911

HOWEVER -

Yeah I wish I was able to make to the meet up too
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 1:02:44 AM EDT
[#37]
I didn't get there till after 3. I thought it was a decent turn out. I let about 10 people know about it.  I don't know if they showed. WE HAVE TO GET THE FUDDS INVOLVED.  To me, it seems like they are the most complacent.
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 8:08:21 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
And that's why we will lose this fight.....and others.

If the fight is as important to you as your saying. You wouldn't give two shits about what folks wear or their affiliation, you'd be happy they were there fighting along side you .
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 8:12:09 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
@Progun1911

HOWEVER -

View Quote
I was at the memorial at 1:45. I met one Arfcommer there.
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 8:13:08 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah I wish I was able to make to the meet up too
Quoted:
I didn't get there till after 3. I thought it was a decent turn out. I let about 10 people know about it.  I don't know if they showed. WE HAVE TO GET THE FUDDS INVOLVED.  To me, it seems like they are the most complacent.
Thank you all for showing up!
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 8:28:56 AM EDT
[#41]
Progun1911, Miami_JBT, and everyone else involved in the rally:  Thank you very much for organizing/participating in the rally and other events statewide, it really means a lot to me and others that were unable to attend; I'm currently sitting on a small FOB in Afghanistan.
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 8:44:54 AM EDT
[#42]
WTXL News April 14, 2018 2nd Amendment Rally
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 9:32:02 AM EDT
[#43]
The young man with the first sign was on my bus. He's from Jensen Beach. He traveled an hour south to get on a bus to go 8 hours north, to come back 8 hours, to drive one hour home. Solid dude. I will try to get my pics up after work.
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 10:28:22 AM EDT
[#44]
Many of my friends like to use my equipment and shoot my guns.  I enjoy bringing new shooters to the range.  From now on, they are getting taxed. If I have to put them in headlocks and drag them to the next rally, I'll have one under each arm.
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 11:53:11 AM EDT
[#45]
To make things better, I'll make this observation. Only two firearms related businesses were publicly supportive at the rally. This is FL. We can do better. I think if more small business owners came out it would help fight the Leftist narrative of the "Corporate Firearms Industry" profiting from the sale of murder machines.  Also, in fairness, I had observed about the same amount of "regular" people as any other group. I don't judge people by the way they look and when I talked to most folks, they seemed like normal, friendly, good people, with more in common than at odds.  I looked more "vanilla" than "tactical teddy" in my Dockers and "dentist special" short sleeve button down.  I saw more excitement and enthusiasm than rage, more hope than despair. I enjoyed being around responsible like minded adults. I thought everyone I talked to was pretty nice.  And, we picked up our garbage.
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 12:08:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 12:14:49 PM EDT
[#47]
I have others but files are to big and I don't know how to resize.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 12:56:22 PM EDT
[#48]
I appreciate the patience while I work this out. https://i.imgur.com/YKnS44v.jpg
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 1:08:53 PM EDT
[#49]
Great!
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 1:14:48 PM EDT
[#50]
@Progun1911

I shared the same exact thoughts you did when the March 4th Rally happened. Trust me.... after some thinking. I turned around.

This was a good turnout for our State.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top