Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 3/9/2018 9:57:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Im down, Brevard county here and will do what i can. I have about 30 friends and family members to ditch/replace over this fiasco that couldnt be bothered to get work done. Definitely need some like minded people to replace them with and maybe change this mess.
Link Posted: 3/9/2018 10:00:57 PM EDT
[#2]
In. IM sent.
Link Posted: 3/9/2018 10:24:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I’m in Miami. I’d like to help however I can. Maybe we can make a Telegram group?
Link Posted: 3/9/2018 10:29:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I’m in Miami. I’d like to help however I can. Maybe we can make a Telegram group?
View Quote
Zello’s still there. Should we fire it up again?
Link Posted: 3/9/2018 10:37:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
I don’t know what that is. Can you explain?
Link Posted: 3/9/2018 10:43:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A walkie-talkie app.

A FL Arfcom group was set up during Irma, and it still exists, just sitting dormant.
Link Posted: 3/10/2018 2:56:48 AM EDT
[#7]
I don't know how useful I am but I'm in to help however I can. I also have some connections with the Libertarian Party of Hillsborough County that I got when I helped my cousin with his campaign for House Rep. I'm sure he would also be on board to help out too.
Link Posted: 3/10/2018 7:32:43 AM EDT
[#8]
I’m interested in contributing, Manatee county.
Link Posted: 3/10/2018 9:33:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Guys.... before we start doing stuff. Let's get a good tally of who wants to participate. Then we can list who brings what to the plate and we discuss.
Link Posted: 3/10/2018 9:36:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Guys.... before we start doing stuff. Let's get a good tally of who wants to participate. Then we can list who brings what to the plate and we discuss.
View Quote
Did you get the PM I sent you last night?
Link Posted: 3/10/2018 10:37:51 AM EDT
[#11]
I willing to join.

Representative Robert "Bob" Cortes   (Majority Deputy Whip)
Representative Portrait

District Office
Suite 2260
150 Cranes Roost Boulevard
Altamonte Springs , FL 32701-3482
Phone: (407) 262-7420

Senator David Simmons

District Office:
220 Crown Oak Centre Drive
Longwood , FL 32750
Phone: (407) 262-7578
Link Posted: 3/10/2018 11:51:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Si
Link Posted: 3/10/2018 11:52:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
PM sent
Link Posted: 3/10/2018 1:40:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
PM sent
Link Posted: 3/10/2018 5:26:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
I'm not really able to contribute, but when fuming during the drive home today I was thinking.

Organizing everyone that has a bumpstock to go to the same police department one day to turn them in and ask for receipts to show they were forfeited. One long line of well dressed, well spoken individuals. Then, if possible (not sure you can), file a class action lawsuit for the lost money from the bumpstocks, or something similar.
Link Posted: 3/10/2018 6:42:15 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm in.  Be glad to work with you guys.
Link Posted: 3/10/2018 6:58:51 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm in.
Link Posted: 3/10/2018 7:23:09 PM EDT
[#18]
I’m in.

As long as it doesn’t turn into a GD type group of infighting and bullshit.
Link Posted: 3/10/2018 8:23:23 PM EDT
[#19]
In for whatever I can help with.... pm inbound.
Link Posted: 3/10/2018 9:52:23 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm in.  I'd like to see something modeled on VCDL.
Link Posted: 3/11/2018 2:35:34 AM EDT
[#21]
In for whatever I can do, however limited my capabilities are

Northern Palm Beach County

Sen district 25: Joe Negron voted yes
House district 85: Rick Roth voted yes
US House district 18: Brian Mast

All turncoat “republicans”
Link Posted: 3/11/2018 9:51:03 AM EDT
[#22]
I'm struggling to get everyone fed and clothed, but I can't see not being able to clear 20-50$ a month for this.

20 of us and we have at least 500-1000/mo to start.

It's all about targeted ads.

That first amendment that the left claims has nothing to do with the second.

They finally woke up and realized that the NRAs power is not the money they give politicians but the money that the NRA spends on targeted ads.

And seeing as we have a local problem here and local ads arent all that expensive, a plan shouldn't be that hard to formulate, with one exception, and that would be how to find qualified people, t and convince them to run.  Politics is something the honest generally avoid for obvious reasons.  For instance, it takes a special sort of critter to have voted yay on this bill.

That's our uphill battle.

We can't just be anti candidates.

The good news is that the state politicians that betrayed us have positions that we can find in other suitable candidates, just candidates that won't stab Us in the back on the 2nd Amendment.

It would be really hard for an incumbent to argue with someone who agrees with him on every single position except for one. And he will lose on that one.

Attacking the issue won't be hard.  Back stabber themed ads hurt.

This will force the incumbents to go into lecturing mode at debates, and will associate them with the southeast Florida liberal establishment, something the rest of the state I'll bet doesn't want to vote for.

The people we are attacking will get Southeast Florida leftist money, which will only hurt them more. Remember, local targeted ads are cheap.

And seeing as whoever is going for their seats will agree with them on almost every issue, this election will turn out to be a single issue election, and if it really is the gunshine state then we will send a message to the whole nation.

We don't need a ton of money.  We do  need a ton of organiztoon and grassroots volunteers.  Not to go door-to-door for votes, that's not necessary when your ads reach your target market.

We need two people outside bass pro shops with a booth, a sign and a sign up sheet. No money needed, just names.  Names of people who realize something very wrong just happened and want to be a little more active than grumbling.

We need people outside gun shows with the same setup, not with a "fuck the NRA" sign, but with information ready to show the clear betrayal and the need for local grassroots organization.  Guys and gals like me and you who thought we had our people in the capital protecting our interests, and now realize we don't.

We need a list of issues that Marion hammer and the NRA have dropped the ball on, we need a list of all the specific instances where she torpedoed efforts, we need every instance where the two powerful Republicans Switched Off tanking pro-gun bills.   99% of Florida Shooters have no idea about any of this.

I just have ideas, and miamijbt has the drive and clearly the leadership, and we here have the beginnings of something small.  Not something hugs.  We don't need huge.  Huge didn't work.

Anyhow, that's my rant.

Where do I sign up.

Tl:Dr, 1) 99% of people on our side have no idea of the goings-on at the Capitol.  Targeted ads will address this  2) We need to find suitable primary candidates, getting our current Critters to stay honest should  not be an option. I have no idea how to do this, how to convince a good honest person to enter this arena of prostitution .  3) this will not take a lot of money, but will take a lot of organization as well as a couple of dedicated volunteers (out of millions of us in the state) who have the time to spend a couple of hours working the crowds where people like us congregate.
Link Posted: 3/11/2018 10:38:49 AM EDT
[#23]
I'm in.
Link Posted: 3/11/2018 10:54:13 AM EDT
[#24]
Also, I haven't heard anyone discuss this even though I tried to bring it up in another thread. Depriving people under 21 of their rights, something not even the left things will withstand judicial scrutiny, is an issue that we should be jumping on. Young voters are becoming actual voters and this is a chance to show them what the Bill of Rights means - I mean REALLY means - and which side has the goal of infringing upon them.  These are god-given rights that the constitution recognizes and protects, and we should be stressing that all of them are asailable by an out-of-control left. One of the things that bugs me about the high school students is that they have zero Long View of History, they simply don't have enough information to comment on the Bill of Rights. I'd love to change that.

Appreciating the Bill of Rights will bring one to protect and defend them. I simply don't believe that if we educate 18 to 21 year olds about the amazing Bill of Rights that our Founders recognized and canonized, that if they are given a full appreciation of it that they will then agree that they are up for debate.
Link Posted: 3/11/2018 11:28:05 AM EDT
[#25]
Retired FF/PM.  Squeaky clean record.  62 y/o male with ONE traffic ticket in my entire life.  Do not drink.  Hardly ever swear.  Live near Disney but originally from Wisconsin.

I own a 308 AR that I built to my specs.  Contrary to mainstream media, it's a really nice hunting rifle.  It incorporates an adjustable gas block which might make me a felon as I will not comply with any law requiring it's removal.

I'm in for whatever we need to do.  I know nothing of politics and will rely on those that do.

Please, please kick this off and point me in the right direction.
Link Posted: 3/11/2018 12:42:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I'm struggling to get everyone fed and clothed, but I can't see not being able to clear 20-50$ a month for this.

20 of us and we have at least 500-1000/mo to start.

It's all about targeted ads.

That first amendment that the left claims has nothing to do with the second.

They finally woke up and realized that the NRAs power is not the money they give politicians but the money that the NRA spends on targeted ads.

And seeing as we have a local problem here and local ads arent all that expensive, a plan shouldn't be that hard to formulate, with one exception, and that would be how to find qualified people, t and convince them to run.  Politics is something the honest generally avoid for obvious reasons.  For instance, it takes a special sort of critter to have voted yay on this bill.

That's our uphill battle.

We can't just be anti candidates.

The good news is that the state politicians that betrayed us have positions that we can find in other suitable candidates, just candidates that won't stab Us in the back on the 2nd Amendment.

It would be really hard for an incumbent to argue with someone who agrees with him on every single position except for one. And he will lose on that one.

Attacking the issue won't be hard.  Back stabber themed ads hurt.

This will force the incumbents to go into lecturing mode at debates, and will associate them with the southeast Florida liberal establishment, something the rest of the state I'll bet doesn't want to vote for.

The people we are attacking will get Southeast Florida leftist money, which will only hurt them more. Remember, local targeted ads are cheap.

And seeing as whoever is going for their seats will agree with them on almost every issue, this election will turn out to be a single issue election, and if it really is the gunshine state then we will send a message to the whole nation.

We don't need a ton of money.  We do  need a ton of organiztoon and grassroots volunteers.  Not to go door-to-door for votes, that's not necessary when your ads reach your target market.

We need two people outside bass pro shops with a booth, a sign and a sign up sheet. No money needed, just names.  Names of people who realize something very wrong just happened and want to be a little more active than grumbling.

We need people outside gun shows with the same setup, not with a "fuck the NRA" sign, but with information ready to show the clear betrayal and the need for local grassroots organization.  Guys and gals like me and you who thought we had our people in the capital protecting our interests, and now realize we don't.

We need a list of issues that Marion hammer and the NRA have dropped the ball on, we need a list of all the specific instances where she torpedoed efforts, we need every instance where the two powerful Republicans Switched Off tanking pro-gun bills.   99% of Florida Shooters have no idea about any of this.

I just have ideas, and miamijbt has the drive and clearly the leadership, and we here have the beginnings of something small.  Not something hugs.  We don't need huge.  Huge didn't work.

Anyhow, that's my rant.

Where do I sign up.

Tl:Dr, 1) 99% of people on our side have no idea of the goings-on at the Capitol.  Targeted ads will address this  2) We need to find suitable primary candidates, getting our current Critters to stay honest should  not be an option. I have no idea how to do this, how to convince a good honest person to enter this arena of prostitution .  3) this will not take a lot of money, but will take a lot of organization as well as a couple of dedicated volunteers (out of millions of us in the state) who have the time to spend a couple of hours working the crowds where people like us congregate.
View Quote
I like the way you think. What about simple fliers spelling out whats wrong and who is responsible for passing this? Short as possible and to the point. Getting LGS involved,  local ranges, and gun shows, having volunteers available talking to customers and patrons. That reaches the core group that may not be aware this stuff was passed under their noses.
Link Posted: 3/11/2018 3:11:14 PM EDT
[#27]
The fact that Trump might just push through the same exact bans on the federal lever in the next few weeks is worrying also, It may shut down any legal suit of these issues .
Link Posted: 3/11/2018 4:27:25 PM EDT
[#28]
I’m in the Broward area, I’ll help anyway I can.
Link Posted: 3/11/2018 6:10:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
The fact that Trump might just push through the same exact bans on the federal lever in the next few weeks is worrying also, It may shut down any legal suit of these issues .
View Quote
That is very worrisome. If this passes, we’ll be just as free compared to the rest of America as we were.

Normally, that statement would be a good thing. Not in this case.
Link Posted: 3/11/2018 6:28:08 PM EDT
[#30]
In. I'm in St Lucie county.

Put this up! 2 failed lib good feels policies responsible for deaths.
Gun free schools
PROMISE Program
https://www.realclearinvestigations.com/articles/2018/02/28/obama_administration_school_discipline_policy_and_the_parkland_shooting.html
Link Posted: 3/11/2018 7:08:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Palmetto here (work in Sarasota). I do graphic design/graphic arts if that's any help. My web design skills are lacking but good at graphics for the web.
Link Posted: 3/11/2018 7:51:43 PM EDT
[#32]
So, I am in for Orange County. One issue, it will have to be after the Bar exam in July. Little slammed right now but I would love to use this upcoming license for something!
Link Posted: 3/11/2018 8:47:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
So, I am in for Orange County. One issue, it will have to be after the Bar exam in July. Little slammed right now but I would love to use this upcoming license for something!
View Quote
And that, kids, is how old lawyers spell "schadenfreude."
Link Posted: 3/11/2018 9:47:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
Good luck!  I just took the Feb exam.  Hopefully I don't see you in July.  The FL bar is tough.
Link Posted: 3/11/2018 10:50:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Do we all have to concentrate our efforts in Tallahassee or is there a way to do it on different local levels?
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 12:47:45 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Do we all have to concentrate our efforts in Tallahassee or is there a way to do it on different local levels?
View Quote
At this point I'd say we need to do anything we can. We have several issues ahead of us imho. I'm not sure what we can do about legislation that has already passed. Perhaps Miami_JBT can provide us with some insight there.

We have some important elections coming up though. Florida Gov and Scott running for Nelson's seat are obviously important. Locally we all need to take a hard look at how people voted and who is running for what. I'd like to get a better idea of the Republican candidates for Governor's stances on issues. Not just what they say in public. I'd also like to see if we can find an alternative to Scott for Nelson's seat. That's going to be tough. Much like his race with Charlie Crist, I wish we had a better option there.

Locally is just as if not more important, imho. I'm going to check in with the Republican party in my county and get a feel for who and what they support. I also am scouring the web for who is running against the people in my district who voted for this bill. Things might be as simple as writing an email to find out how they would have voted, what platform they plan on running on etc. I'd rather talk with them in person though. They all have local offices. I'm not sure how those are staffed, etc. Our local Sheriff is very Pro 2A and several LEO's shoot at the range I belong too so I'm going to try and get their thoughts on what I can do.

I think effective messaging is really important and I'm not sure how we go about that. I've felt for some time that we need to turn the conversation away from defending guns to pointing out how liberal policies have not worked. I have a copy of the "gun violence messaging guide" and I've read some of Alinsky's Rules for Radicals and both are being used effectively against us. If we hope to make some changes we can't just rely on our own votes, we have to change the way people think about us.

So in short I'm going to go out and do some things. I'm not going to know what works and what doesn't until I try.
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 5:46:21 AM EDT
[#37]
Santa Rosa County as of next Tues.  I'm former .mil 10yrs, 7.5yrs LE including about 4.5 yrs as Colorado POST certified Firearms Instructor.  I can testify just how poor a shooter the average LEO is.

I'm disabled, LOD, so I have time during the day I can do stuff to further the cause.

I did 6mos as UNPROFOR during my .mil time, so I am one of the few who can claim to be a UN Blue Helmet (and testify about the impotence of the UN) as well as a JBT.
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 6:47:40 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
You have district offices.

Once again.... let's get a tally of who wants to participate and then we go from there.

Gotta crawl before we can walk. Right now we're at the stage of forming limbs in the womb.
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 8:41:59 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I'm not really able to contribute, but when fuming during the drive home today I was thinking.

Organizing everyone that has a bumpstock to go to the same police department one day to turn them in and ask for receipts to show they were forfeited. One long line of well dressed, well spoken individuals. Then, if possible (not sure you can), file a class action lawsuit for the lost money from the bumpstocks, or something similar.
View Quote
Hell, with this law you don't need a bump stock. Go turn in your shoelaces and belt loops. Still get a receipt though (ha!)
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 8:42:13 AM EDT
[#40]
I'm in.  Tampa.
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 9:40:42 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Locally is just as if not more important, imho. I'm going to check in with the Republican party in my county and get a feel for who and what they support.
View Quote
As you will find out the Republican party is not no where near what they were years ago..

They are mostly only Rino's and trust them with a grain of salt..

They are only really interested in one thing Money..

There is at least one other poster on here that lived behind the enemy lines of NYS.

We both saw a Republican Gov. ban MSR in 2000 and large cap mags.. The Rino's always stated we are pro 2nd Amend and than screwed us..

Than in 2013 with the Democrap Gov. pushed for MSR band restriction of mags etc.. all weapons had to be registered if you wanted to keep them.. No payment for property just become a felon.. the Rino's went along with the democraps like no big deal.

I have completely gave up the Rino party and take anything they say with a grain of salt.

At least with the democraps you know where you stand.. They are just vocal about it the Rinos just give you lip service while they stab you in the back.

So go in with that mindset when you meet with the Rino's and you will be fine.
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 11:17:01 AM EDT
[#43]
Nice letter
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 12:00:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Sums it up well.
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 6:29:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Good luck!  I just took the Feb exam.  Hopefully I don't see you in July.  The FL bar is tough.
View Quote
I hope not either!
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 6:37:27 PM EDT
[#46]
I'm not sure what help to such a group I could be but I'd be happy to be a part of it.

And as for this:

Quoted:
Also, I haven't heard anyone discuss this even though I tried to bring it up in another thread. Depriving people under 21 of their rights, something not even the left things will withstand judicial scrutiny, is an issue that we should be jumping on. Young voters are becoming actual voters and this is a chance to show them what the Bill of Rights means - I mean REALLY means - and which side has the goal of infringing upon them.  These are god-given rights that the constitution recognizes and protects, and we should be stressing that all of them are asailable by an out-of-control left. One of the things that bugs me about the high school students is that they have zero Long View of History, they simply don't have enough information to comment on the Bill of Rights. I'd love to change that.

Appreciating the Bill of Rights will bring one to protect and defend them. I simply don't believe that if we educate 18 to 21 year olds about the amazing Bill of Rights that our Founders recognized and canonized, that if they are given a full appreciation of it that they will then agree that they are up for debate.
View Quote
They are already aware, to some extent. My 18 yo daughter came home from school Friday telling me about a discussion her and some classmates had on the issue. Some were actually ok with it until my daughter explained that while she herself had no immediate plans to buy a gun (she has access to my collection), she was furious at the thought of her rights being so casually tossed aside. She asked if they could, with a vote and stroke of a pen, take away her right to buy a gun then what other rights were they prepared to lose in the same manner. She's winning hearts and minds, and I'm proud of her.
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 8:25:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 11:37:47 PM EDT
[#48]
In. Winter Garden. Let me know what I can do.
Link Posted: 3/13/2018 7:45:58 AM EDT
[#49]
Tampa Bay area here.
Currently writing letters and getting non ARF members to be advised of this 2A attack.
I post contact info for Senate and House links.
We have to unite!
Link Posted: 3/13/2018 8:37:30 AM EDT
[#50]
Subscribed for future participation.

Currently in process of retiring from Active Duty and will be moving to FL soon.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top