Link Posted: 3/7/2018 9:34:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
@M4A1Carbine please add this to your OP
View Quote
Done.

Also,
If your rep is a Republican, stress to vote no to oppose gun control.
If your rep is a Democrat, stress to vote no to oppose guns in schools.

We need both parties to help kill the bill since there are so many anti-gun GOP.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 9:41:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Done.

Also,
If your rep is a Republican, stress to vote no to oppose gun control.
If your rep is a Democrat, stress to vote no to oppose guns in schools.

We need both parties to help kill the bill since there are so many anti-gun GOP.
View Quote
I LOVE THIS STRATEGY!
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 11:00:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Went through the NRA-ILA link posted and took the chance to research the rep/senator for my area.

Good grief, I'm living in bonafide enemy territory being governed on the federal levels by professional organized crime types (DWS, Nelson, and Rubio) and at the state level by second generation aspiring organized crime types (Book and Edwards-Walpole).  Supposedly the NRA gave Edwards a decent rating at some point but she seems to have gone full on democrat.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 12:59:51 PM EDT
[#5]
They are in seasion NOW.

Light em up.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 1:55:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I would rather watch sausage being made than this.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 1:58:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 2:32:01 PM EDT
[#8]
WE elect these spineless, manipulative, immoral officials. I no longer wonder why Florida is such a Soup sandwich.  We really need to see Leftism as an infectious disease, worse than MRSA, and far more contagious, and vastly more dangerous in that it will affect generations.  Sacrificing the Civil rights of an entire demographic of innocent adults, because of a single murderous actor, is immoral. Crossing aisle should not involve the sacrifice of values. Are we that lost? Not one representative has mentioned the failure of the PROMISE act, so far.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 2:37:38 PM EDT
[#9]
The tone of the speeches is, over and over:

This bill isn't perfect.

This bill is SOMETHING.

They are literally repeating, over and over, "We must do something.  This is something.  We must do this!"

Holy fuck.

Every realize that you're much smarter than the people you sent to Congress?

Ever wonder if the reason for that is because no smart person would want the job?
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 2:43:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The tone of the speeches is, over and over:

This bill isn't perfect.

This bill is SOMETHING.

They are literally repeating, over and over, "We must do something.  This is something.  We must do this!"

Holy fuck.

Every realize that you're much smarter than the people you sent to Congress?

Ever wonder if the reason for that is because no smart person would want the job?
View Quote
Furthermore, being still and doing nothing are vastly different things.  When you are still, you can hear better, be reflective, consider options, and evaluate consequences fully. Doing anything is not progress.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 2:51:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Florida Republicans Caving on Gun Control

Since February 26, 2018; I've been on the ground here in Tallahassee fighting the forces of civilian disarmament. It's been an uphill battle thanks to the Florida Republican Party. On Feb. 21, SB 7026 was introduced to the Florida Senate. It's a wicked piece of legislation.

It makes anyone that possess a bump stock or similar accessory a felon. It completely violates the due process of gun owners through Gun Violence Protection Acts, it strips the Second Amendment from all Floridians under the age of 21, makes a three-day waiting period mandatory for all gun purchases, and it pushes the false narrative that to fix the failure of government; more government is needed.

It pushes a $400 million boondoggle that puts more school resource officers in schools when we already know that when seconds count, the police are minutes away and furthermore; it goes against the idea of ending gun free zones.

This is what is being pushed by Governor Rick Scott, Senate President Joe Negron, and House Speaker Richard Corcoran. All of them are Republicans and all of them shot down Senator Baxley's bill that would make Campus Carry legal for all teachers and staff with a CCW permit and end gun free zones.

Lastly, instead of letting teachers and staff be armed through their CCW permits, it creates a system that requires more firearms training than what Florida Law Enforcement is required to have and it makes it voluntary in that the School Board must allow it; not the teachers themselves. So the School Boards for counties like Miami-Dade, Broward, Leon, and Orange for sure will never allow their teachers and staff be to armed in the first place.

This bill was scheduled to be read and debated by the Rules Committee on the 26th. It was and that is where I come in.

The SB 7026 was scheduled to be debated at 2:30pm, so I contacted Eric Friday of Florida Carry that morning and asked him if he was attending. Of course, he was rushing from Jacksonville, FL to make it on time. Arrive he did as did I and Marion Hammer of the NRA.

The scene itself at the Capitol itself was one of chaos. I parked at the Florida Museum of History by the State Supreme Court and this is what I was greeted with as I walked up the hill to the Capitol.

The entire area was flooded with orange shirted astroturfed gun grabbers. Inside the Capitol and the Knott building was no better.

They were yelling "DOWN WITH THE NRA", "REPEAL THE SECOND AMENDMENT" and "GUN OWNERS ARE TERRORISTS". The lobby in front of the committee chambers were jammed packed and the over flow was directed to the Senate building so they can watch on closed circuit television.

Luckily, I made my way to the front of the mob and waited to be admitted. The whole time I was polite and respectful with the Senate Sergeant at Arms and even with the gun grabbers while waiting. They on the other hand were pushing and screaming "LET US IN, THIS IS OUR HOUSE, YOU CAN'T BLOCK US FROM SPEAKING! WE KNOW THE NRA IS PAYING YOU!"

While waiting, I asked the orange shirt mafia who they were. I got numerous answers from them. Some were from small liberal women's organizations, others were teachers' unions, and others were from a number of various community organizations. But their signs, shirts, talking points, and buses were all externally funded. Many stated that current Mayor of Miami Beach and Democrat candidate for Governor, Philip Levine was their bank roller.

While I was waiting inside, this was going on outside.

Miami Beach Mayor Philip Levine in Tallahassee.

Mayor Levine was outside of the Capitol holding a Anti 2nd Amendment rally.

The actions inside the Capitol were tied directly to the events outside. Finally, I was admitted into the committee chambers. It was a circus.

Sen. Benacquisto (R) as committee chair couldn't keep the gun grabbers under control. They were constantly yelling (you see this repeating, right?) and making demands that the rules be thrown out. It got so hectic that the normal procedure of completing a speaking slip before the committee started was thrown out the window because the gun grabbers were demanding to be heard. And heard they were.

Best of/Worst of Florida Senate's Gun Control Hearing

Numerous amendments were submitted by Democrat Senators. They were adding things to the bill like an Assault Weapons Ban, Universal Background Checks, the ending of Private Gun Sales, Mandatory Registration, and the Repeal of State Preemption so cities like Philip Levine's can pass their own gun bans.

Marion Hammer and Eric Friday both spoke against the numerous amendments and the issues with the main bill itself. Marion Hammer even spoke against the banning of Bump Stocks and that it goes against the 2nd Amendment.

I also spoke against this bill and the travesty that gun control is.

I mentioned how California has had gun control in place since the late 1980s and how it doesn't prevent or reduce any of their crime. I mentioned how Florida already has a number of laws in place and none of them were followed or prevented anything.

How Broward County amended their waiting period as allowed under the State Constitution to be five days for long guns and hand guns and that it didn't stop Cruz. Lastly, I mentioned how gun control always leads to oppression. I told the committee members the history of my family and how the Cuban State took their arms away, then their property, and finally their lives.

During that time, the gun grabbers behind me laughed and snickered. After I spoke and returned to my seat. The orange shirt mafia told me "HOPE YOU ROT IN HELL", "WE'LL FIND YOU CAN KILL YOU", and "HOPE YOU DIE". Yet they call us the violent ones.

At the end, when the amendment for the AWB was voted down, the crowd shouted "SHAME!"

"Shame! Shame! Shame!”: FL Senate Committee Votes Down Amendment To Ban Assault Weapons

In the of that day; the Senate's Rules Committee was majority Republican and passed SB 7026.

On Feb. 27, The Senate's Appropriations Committee brought the bill and again, it was the same show. The Democrats tried to load it with Amendments that would give us an Assault Weapons Ban, Mandatory Registration, etc The Republicans voted against the Amendments and passed the bill in full. Mind you the Bump Stock Ban and the Age Restriction is the core component of this bill. So they are backing gun control. Just on a slower pace than the Democrats.

On March 3, I went back to the Capitol. SB 7026 by this point was now on the Senate floor being debated. The public is not able to comment at this point but can watch from the galleries. So I sat down and watched as my civil rights were possibly being voted away.

A small congentent of Bloomberg's Moms Demand Action were in the galleries too.

The folks wearing the Red Shirts are members of Bloomberg's Moms Demand Action.

During the second reading that afternoon; an Amendment to place a two-year moratorium on the sale of AR-15 pattern rifles was brought up for debate. Senate President Joe Negron (R) called for a voice vote. The Yeas according to him outnumbered the Nays and he considered the amendment passed and part of the bill. Clearly, when as I watched and listened; the yeas in no way out weighed the nays.

At that moment, history rushed back to me and I recalled when in Congress back in 1986 when the Hughes Amendment was passed in a similar method.

FOPA Hughes Amendment VOTE APRIL 10 1986

Luckily, for a brief minute. Sen. Baxley (R) demanded that a recorded roll call vote be done and thankfully the tally showed that the majority did not approve of the two year moratorium. The danger with that amendment was that after the two years, a permanent ban was to be voted on. It was to be a mini-version of the Clinton AWB.

On March 4; through a true grassroots effort. A rally was held at the Capitol and about two hundred 2nd Amendment supporters from across the state showed up to speak against SB 7026. I of course was there and spoke.

Pro 2nd Amendment Rally at the Florida Capitol.

Hank Strange (YouTube Gun Personality) speaking to the crowd.

The names of all the victims of mass shootings were read and a moment of silence was given for them. We told the media that we respect and honor the victims and at the same time understand that the restrictions of the Second Amendment is not the correct course of action. That the expansion of gun rights and the ending of gun free zones is the right choice. We did this in the hope that the Florida Senate hears us.

Alas, on March 5 the Florida Senate did not listen and the Republican majority minus a few patriots voted to pass SB 7026 and strip millions of Floridians of their 2nd Amendment Rights and make us felons.

On to the Florida House of Representatives SB 7026 goes. The same song and dance was done was done on March 6. The Democrats submitted amendments that wanted to make Florida a state equal to California in terms of restrictions and the Republicans fought it. On the 2nd reading, the final floor vote happened. A glimmer of hope emerged. 49 yeas against 67 nays!

Today is the 3rd reading. Right now as we speak, the House is debating the bill. And the fear is that the Republican Majority Whip and House Speaker will pressure the Republican majority to vote in favor of the bill and pass it.

If this passes, it will surely go to the Governor's desk and Rick Scott will sign it into law. I'm asking that you, the readers take action and contact the Governor's office and inform him and his staff that you in no way will vacation move to, or invest in Florida if he signs SB 7026 into law.

https://www.flgov.com/contact-gov-scott/email-the-governor/

SB 7026 is the bill that is threatening our rights, pushed by the Florida Republican Party.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 3:11:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Miami_JBT,

You sir, is where the rubber meets the road.  Thank you for doing what you do. You have inspired me to be more active in supporting the 2a.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 3:23:04 PM EDT
[#13]
good lord watching this for the past few hours at work has been infuriating............these people are morons........what a bad a circus act

Whats up with mixing all these "farewell speeches" that have NOTHING to do with the bill, in with the segment pertaining to this bill?

In any event, looks like 99% of these losers are on board with this bill
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 5:35:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
WE elect these spineless, manipulative, immoral officials. I no longer wonder why Florida is such a Soup sandwich.  We really need to see Leftism as an infectious disease, worse than MRSA, and far more contagious, and vastly more dangerous in that it will affect generations.  Sacrificing the Civil rights of an entire demographic of innocent adults, because of a single murderous actor, is immoral. Crossing aisle should not involve the sacrifice of values. Are we that lost? Not one representative has mentioned the failure of the PROMISE act, so far.
View Quote
Damned well said!
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 5:45:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Florida Republicans Caving on Gun Control

Since February 26, 2018; I've been on the ground here in Tallahassee fighting the forces of civilian disarmament. It's been an uphill battle thanks to the Florida Republican Party. On Feb. 21, SB 7026 was introduced to the Florida Senate. It's a wicked piece of legislation.

It makes anyone that possess a bump stock or similar accessory a felon. It completely violates the due process of gun owners through Gun Violence Protection Acts, it strips the Second Amendment from all Floridians under the age of 21, makes a three-day waiting period mandatory for all gun purchases, and it pushes the false narrative that to fix the failure of government; more government is needed.

It pushes a $400 million boondoggle that puts more school resource officers in schools when we already know that when seconds count, the police are minutes away and furthermore; it goes against the idea of ending gun free zones.

This is what is being pushed by Governor Rick Scott, Senate President Joe Negron, and House Speaker Richard Corcoran. All of them are Republicans and all of them shot down Senator Baxley's bill that would make Campus Carry legal for all teachers and staff with a CCW permit and end gun free zones.

Lastly, instead of letting teachers and staff be armed through their CCW permits, it creates a system that requires more firearms training than what Florida Law Enforcement is required to have and it makes it voluntary in that the School Board must allow it; not the teachers themselves. So the School Boards for counties like Miami-Dade, Broward, Leon, and Orange for sure will never allow their teachers and staff be to armed in the first place.

This bill was scheduled to be read and debated by the Rules Committee on the 26th. It was and that is where I come in.

The SB 7026 was scheduled to be debated at 2:30pm, so I contacted Eric Friday of Florida Carry that morning and asked him if he was attending. Of course, he was rushing from Jacksonville, FL to make it on time. Arrive he did as did I and Marion Hammer of the NRA.

The scene itself at the Capitol itself was one of chaos. I parked at the Florida Museum of History by the State Supreme Court and this is what I was greeted with as I walked up the hill to the Capitol.

http://cdn0.thetruthaboutguns.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/636552539648218363-A6A3295.jpg

The entire area was flooded with orange shirted astroturfed gun grabbers. Inside the Capitol and the Knott building was no better.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/20180226_141624-768x1024.jpg

They were yelling "DOWN WITH THE NRA", "REPEAL THE SECOND AMENDMENT" and "GUN OWNERS ARE TERRORISTS". The lobby in front of the committee chambers were jammed packed and the over flow was directed to the Senate building so they can watch on closed circuit television.

Luckily, I made my way to the front of the mob and waited to be admitted. The whole time I was polite and respectful with the Senate Sergeant at Arms and even with the gun grabbers while waiting. They on the other hand were pushing and screaming "LET US IN, THIS IS OUR HOUSE, YOU CAN'T BLOCK US FROM SPEAKING! WE KNOW THE NRA IS PAYING YOU!"

While waiting, I asked the orange shirt mafia who they were. I got numerous answers from them. Some were from small liberal women's organizations, others were teachers' unions, and others were from a number of various community organizations. But their signs, shirts, talking points, and buses were all externally funded. Many stated that current Mayor of Miami Beach and Democrat candidate for Governor, Philip Levine was their bank roller.

While I was waiting inside, this was going on outside.

http://cdn0.thetruthaboutguns.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/636552546766231991-A6A3077.jpg

Miami Beach Mayor Philip Levine in Tallahassee.

Mayor Levine was outside of the Capitol holding a Anti 2nd Amendment rally.

http://cdn0.thetruthaboutguns.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/636552546966537275-A6A3363.jpg

http://cdn0.thetruthaboutguns.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/636552546989157420-A6A3414.jpg

The actions inside the Capitol were tied directly to the events outside. Finally, I was admitted into the committee chambers. It was a circus.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/20180226_151529-768x576.jpg

Sen. Benacquisto (R) as committee chair couldn't keep the gun grabbers under control. They were constantly yelling (you see this repeating, right?) and making demands that the rules be thrown out. It got so hectic that the normal procedure of completing a speaking slip before the committee started was thrown out the window because the gun grabbers were demanding to be heard. And heard they were.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFs7P809J6c

Numerous amendments were submitted by Democrat Senators. They were adding things to the bill like an Assault Weapons Ban, Universal Background Checks, the ending of Private Gun Sales, Mandatory Registration, and the Repeal of State Preemption so cities like Philip Levine's can pass their own gun bans.

Marion Hammer and Eric Friday both spoke against the numerous amendments and the issues with the main bill itself. Marion Hammer even spoke against the banning of Bump Stocks and that it goes against the 2nd Amendment.

I also spoke against this bill and the travesty that gun control is.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/20180302_071920-770x435.jpg

I mentioned how California has had gun control in place since the late 1980s and how it doesn't prevent or reduce any of their crime. I mentioned how Florida already has a number of laws in place and none of them were followed or prevented anything.

How Broward County amended their waiting period as allowed under the State Constitution to be five days for long guns and hand guns and that it didn't stop Cruz. Lastly, I mentioned how gun control always leads to oppression. I told the committee members the history of my family and how the Cuban State took their arms away, then their property, and finally their lives.

During that time, the gun grabbers behind me laughed and snickered. After I spoke and returned to my seat. The orange shirt mafia told me "HOPE YOU ROT IN HELL", "WE'LL FIND YOU CAN KILL YOU", and "HOPE YOU DIE". Yet they call us the violent ones.

At the end, when the amendment for the AWB was voted down, the crowd shouted "SHAME!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IF0UhK3aKPI

In the of that day; the Senate's Rules Committee was majority Republican and passed SB 7026.

http://cdn0.thetruthaboutguns.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/rules.jpg

On Feb. 27, The Senate's Appropriations Committee brought the bill and again, it was the same show. The Democrats tried to load it with Amendments that would give us an Assault Weapons Ban, Mandatory Registration, etc The Republicans voted against the Amendments and passed the bill in full. Mind you the Bump Stock Ban and the Age Restriction is the core component of this bill. So they are backing gun control. Just on a slower pace than the Democrats.

http://cdn0.thetruthaboutguns.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/approiation.jpg

On March 3, I went back to the Capitol. SB 7026 by this point was now on the Senate floor being debated. The public is not able to comment at this point but can watch from the galleries. So I sat down and watched as my civil rights were possibly being voted away.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/20180303_155239-768x576.jpg

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/20180303_155243-768x576.jpg

A small congentent of Bloomberg's Moms Demand Action were in the galleries too.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/20180303_155408-768x1024.jpg

The folks wearing the Red Shirts are members of Bloomberg's Moms Demand Action.

During the second reading that afternoon; an Amendment to place a two-year moratorium on the sale of AR-15 pattern rifles was brought up for debate. Senate President Joe Negron (R) called for a voice vote. The Yeas according to him outnumbered the Nays and he considered the amendment passed and part of the bill. Clearly, when as I watched and listened; the yeas in no way out weighed the nays.

At that moment, history rushed back to me and I recalled when in Congress back in 1986 when the Hughes Amendment was passed in a similar method.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6Mx2UcSEvQ

Luckily, for a brief minute. Sen. Baxley (R) demanded that a recorded roll call vote be done and thankfully the tally showed that the majority did not approve of the two year moratorium. The danger with that amendment was that after the two years, a permanent ban was to be voted on. It was to be a mini-version of the Clinton AWB.

On March 4; through a true grassroots effort. A rally was held at the Capitol and about two hundred 2nd Amendment supporters from across the state showed up to speak against SB 7026. I of course was there and spoke.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/IMG_6259-768x576.jpg

Pro 2nd Amendment Rally at the Florida Capitol.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/20180304_122208-768x576.jpg

Hank Strange (YouTube Gun Personality) speaking to the crowd.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/IMG_6265.jpg

The names of all the victims of mass shootings were read and a moment of silence was given for them. We told the media that we respect and honor the victims and at the same time understand that the restrictions of the Second Amendment is not the correct course of action. That the expansion of gun rights and the ending of gun free zones is the right choice. We did this in the hope that the Florida Senate hears us.

Alas, on March 5 the Florida Senate did not listen and the Republican majority minus a few patriots voted to pass SB 7026 and strip millions of Floridians of their 2nd Amendment Rights and make us felons.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/senate-3rd-reading-vote.jpg

On to the Florida House of Representatives SB 7026 goes. The same song and dance was done was done on March 6. The Democrats submitted amendments that wanted to make Florida a state equal to California in terms of restrictions and the Republicans fought it. On the 2nd reading, the final floor vote happened. A glimmer of hope emerged. 49 yeas against 67 nays!

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Screenshot_20180306-201033.jpg

Today is the 3rd reading. Right now as we speak, the House is debating the bill. And the fear is that the Republican Majority Whip and House Speaker will pressure the Republican majority to vote in favor of the bill and pass it.

If this passes, it will surely go to the Governor's desk and Rick Scott will sign it into law. I'm asking that you, the readers take action and contact the Governor's office and inform him and his staff that you in no way will vacation move to, or invest in Florida if he signs SB 7026 into law.

SB 7026 is the bill that is threatening our rights, pushed by the Florida Republican Party.
View Quote
that means burgess changed his vote from No to Yes. FUCK how many more changed their vote?
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 5:45:19 PM EDT
[#16]
I am astonished at the number of Dem held districts that have their rep who ran unopposed and got like 3-4k votes out of the 16k voters who showed up to the primary.

3-4 thousand people decided it for around 152 thousand!

And unopposed by the Republicans.

Slow clap.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 5:47:16 PM EDT
[#17]
We need this guy down here

Nick Freitas speech on 2nd Amend
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 7:06:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Brandes folds like a cheap suit and votes yay for all the gun control restrictions.
Diamond another empty suit demoncrap votes to strip my rights.
Neither has had the decency to answer any of my mail.

Brandes once claimed to be a solid supporter of the 2nd, looks like someone needs to be taken to the woodshed Jeff.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 7:11:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Message sent to the governors office.  This will be our last line..
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 7:30:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Here we go.....
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 7:45:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 7:54:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Meet someone who won't be voting for Republicans in Florida anymore.

They're sure as hell fast and efficient when it comes to enacting anti gun legislation, but the pro gun stuff like open carry........not so much.

And I'm waiting for Marion Hammer's latest version of "none of our bills 'failed.............." bullshit.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 7:54:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Message sent to the governors office.  This will be our last line..
View Quote
He sure as hell sign.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 8:23:22 PM EDT
[#24]
So as you all throw away your "bump-stocks" Geissele triggers, Franklin binary triggers, 1919 cranks, etc. you remember that feeling come Election Day!
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 8:27:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Hopefully we can vote those cowards out. They sided with out of state shipped in antifa radical left wing terrorists .
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 8:31:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Can I hand deliver my unattached bumpstock to my senator? Or would I be arrested for possessing such a dangerous piece of plastic in her office?
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 8:32:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Some back door shady dealings going on up there...My dem rep voted no.....Makes no sense this mess.

Why when it was all the gay people were killed no one cared to do anything?  
Why did this garage happen in 3 weeks? I never seen any .gov process done so fast.

My move of of FL plans are getting accelerated.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 8:36:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

that means burgess changed his vote from No to Yes. FUCK how many more changed their vote?
View Quote
Killebrew (Winter Haven) changed his from yesterday to today.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 8:42:21 PM EDT
[#29]
I encourage everyone to keep score because it's only going to get worse.  It only gets easier to cave after the first failure to stand.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 8:46:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Well, WAS or WAS not the bump/enhanced trigger language part of the bill.........post #1 indicates it was dumped?

Pisses me off, I have a Franklin assembly to be delivered this week.................provision is super stupid as I still have my M/2 selective fire carbine quite legally.....................And JBT, I know how you feel, I'm a plus three decade LEO/CLEO.............really enhances my faith in the system....or as a friend used to say, "there is no system"  "there is no justice"........there is, however "gitback"!

November awaits..............hell, Ill vote for my bluetic hound before any of the trash that are currently sitting in office!
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 9:17:20 PM EDT
[#31]

Well, I'm a Felon now.

Thanks GOP.

I'm gonna raise Hell at the local GOP office and at NRAAM.

Marion Hammer fucking started this shit in FL with her email blast stating that bump stocks turn semis into MGs.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 9:17:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Hopefully we can vote those cowards out. They sided with out of state shipped in antifa radical left wing terrorists .
View Quote
Vote? Most were term limited
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 9:32:01 PM EDT
[#33]
what does a binary triggers have to do with a bump stock
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 9:36:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
Excuse my ignorance but Im new to Fl. are there term limits for state legislatures? I thought they could be re elected in perpetuity .
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 9:39:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Excuse my ignorance but Im new to Fl. are there term limits for state legislatures? I thought they could be re elected in perpetuity .
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
State Office has term limits.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 9:40:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Stocks and Binary triggers are in there

https://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2018/7026/BillText/er/HTML

Just cancelled an order for three BFS III's  
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 9:49:25 PM EDT
[#37]
Well both my Senator and Representative are term limited to 2018.  They managed to screw my district on the way out.

Going to fight like hell to vet their replacements.

Now I'm wondering how many ''yeas'' knew they would never face the voters again.

If Governor Scott doesn't fix this - I'm voting Nelson for Senate.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 10:17:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Contact Gov Scott.

Veto or refuse to sign SB 7026

(850) 488-7146

Link Posted: 3/7/2018 10:20:50 PM EDT
[#39]
736 790.222 Bump-fire stocks prohibited.—A person may not
737 import into this state or transfer, distribute, sell, keep for
738 sale, offer for sale, possess, or give to another person a bump-
739 fire stock. A person who violates this section commits a felony
740 of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s.
741 775.083, or s. 775.084. As used in this section, the term “bump-
742 fire stock” means a conversion kit, a tool, an accessory, or a
743 device used to alter the rate of fire of a firearm to mimic
744 automatic weapon fire or which is used to increase the rate of
745 fire to a faster rate than is possible for a person to fire such
746 semiautomatic firearm unassisted by a kit, a tool, an accessory,
747 or a device.

So does this also apply to binary triggers, match triggers, etc???
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 10:21:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
736 790.222 Bump-fire stocks prohibited.—A person may not
737 import into this state or transfer, distribute, sell, keep for
738 sale, offer for sale, possess, or give to another person a bump-
739 fire stock. A person who violates this section commits a felony
740 of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s.
741 775.083, or s. 775.084. As used in this section, the term “bump-
742 fire stock” means a conversion kit, a tool, an accessory, or a
743 device used to alter the rate of fire of a firearm to mimic
744 automatic weapon fire or which is used to increase the rate of
745 fire to a faster rate than is possible for a person to fire such
746 semiautomatic firearm unassisted by a kit, a tool, an accessory,
747 or a device.

So does this also apply to binary triggers, match triggers, etc???
View Quote
Pretty much yes.  So we have until October to sell them or hide them. yay.

So who's going to make a rate controlled bump fire stock that cycles slowly just to be a dick hah.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 10:33:47 PM EDT
[#41]
BREAKING  FL Republicans passed gun control and violated the civil rights of all Floridians under the age of 21 and made a more Floridians into Felons.

The Republican Super Majority in Florida passed gun control bill SB 7026. It is now headed to Governor Rick Scott's desk. SB 7026 is his baby of a bill and horrible in every sense of the word.

This bill makes it illegal for anyone under the age of 21 to buy a long gun. It makes possession and ownership and bump stock or similar accessory a third degree felony starting October 1, 2018. It absolutely throws out due process with restraining orders now, and it doesn't even allow teachers to carry on campus. That part was stripped from the bill. Instead only certain non teaching staff can carry and that is only if the School Board volunteers to take part of the program. Which we know that the schools in counties like Miami-Dade, Broward, Leon, and Orange will not.

790.065 Sale and delivery of firearms.  A person younger than 21 years of age may not purchase a firearm. The sale or transfer of a firearm to a person younger than 21 years of age may not be made or facilitated by a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, or licensed dealer. A person who violates this subsection commits a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084. The prohibitions of this subsection do not apply to the purchase of a rifle or shotgun by a law enforcement officer or correctional officer, as those terms are defined in s. 943.10(1), (2), (3), (6), (7), (8), or (9), or a service member as defined in s. 250.01.

Effective October 1, 2018, section 790.222, 735 Florida Statutes, is created to read:

790.222 Bump-fire stocks prohibited. A person may not import into this state or transfer, distribute, sell, keep for sale, offer for sale, possess, or give to another person a bump fire stock. A person who violates this section commits a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084. As used in this section, the term "bump fire stock" means a conversion kit, a tool, an accessory, or a device used to alter the rate of fire of a firearm to mimic automatic weapon fire or which is used to increase the rate of fire to a faster rate than is possible for a person to fire such semiautomatic firearm unassisted by a kit, a tool, an accessory, or a device.
View Quote
Reading the underlined portion of the Statute 790.222 is not comforting in any way. It is so vague that it could means just about anything. Accessories that can accelerate the rate of fire of a semi automatic rifle without converting the semi automatic rifle into a machine gun:

• Bump stocks
  • Crank fire devices
  • Binary triggers
  • 3 gun triggers (Geissele and LaRue, among others, makes a wide variety)
  • Lightweight bolt carrier groups
  • Buffer springs and different buffer weights
  • Gas system length
  • Adjustable Gas blocks
  • TRANSFERABLE / REGISTERED Lightening Link (the host remains semi, the LL is the MG)
  • TRANSFERABLE / REGISTERED DIAS (the host remains semi, the RDIAS is the MG)
  • TRANSFERABLE / REGISTERED HK sears and trigger packs (the host remains semi, the sear or pack is the MG)
  • TRANSFERABLE / REGISTERED FNC sears (the host remains semi, the sear is the MG)

On March 5 the Florida Senate passed SB 7026 with 20 Yeas to 18 Nays.

On March 7 the House of Representatives passed the bill with 67 Yeas to 50 Nays.

Remember those names that voted yes. Many of them are Republicans. They campaigned on Pro Gun Platforms. On March 7, they betrayed their oaths of office.

This bill is now headed to the Governor's desk and it is very likely that he will sign it into law.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 10:40:53 PM EDT
[#42]
How is this bullshit even enforceable? Are cops going to hang out at ranges listening for the split times on double and triple taps then proclaiming that your gun is shooting faster than it is supposed to?

This is stupid.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 11:17:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
what does a binary triggers have to do with a bump stock
View Quote
What does a bump stock have to do with a school shooting?  
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 11:19:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Should be easy to answer this next election season.   We did it in 94.  We can do it again.  Let's see if the gunshine state really is...

If the GOPers that voted yay are primary challenged then we will know.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 11:22:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Better cut off your belt loops and discard your shoe strings
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 11:24:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Should be easy to answer this next election season.   We did it in 94.  We can do it again.  Let's see if the gunshine state really is...

If the GOPers that voted yay are primary challenged then we will know.
View Quote
The majority of them are term limited. You ain't voting anyone out.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 11:33:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Pretty sure negron is limited. Roth, our rep, is not, needs to be voted out.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 11:34:17 PM EDT
[#48]
I don't need a crutch to bump fire, so bump firing is still legal until they take my finger away.

I am a little pissed that I can't have a binary trigger now.

This is the first step towards banning semi auto firearms.

I'd like to know who paid (and then had killed) the Las Vegas shooter to make this happen. Soros?
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 11:35:18 PM EDT
[#49]
I'm going to the Capitol tomorrow.
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 2:15:00 AM EDT
[#50]
790.065 Sale and delivery of firearms. A person younger than 21 years of age may not purchase a firearm. The sale or transfer of a firearm to a person younger than 21 years of age may not be made or facilitated by a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, or licensed dealer. A person who violates this subsection commits a felony of the third degree,

Would the above apply to private sales, or just FFL sales?

Even if it was just FFL you can see the next step in the gun ban process, which would be to ban private sales in conjunction with an AWB and or registration of anything considered to be an AW.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top