Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 3/5/2018 9:10:55 PM EDT
[#1]
"So Republicans just said that they support taking 2nd Amendment rights away from all Floridians between 18 to 21"

Let's fight them in the House but the State Constitution has a Right to Bear Arms section:

SECTION 8. Right to bear arms.—
(a) The right of the people to keep and bear arms in defense of themselves and of the lawful authority of the state shall not be infringed, except that the manner of bearing arms may be regulated by law.

We fight them at the State Supreme Court.
Link Posted: 3/5/2018 9:17:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
"So Republicans just said that they support taking 2nd Amendment rights away from all Floridians between 18 to 21"

Let's fight them in the House but the State Constitution has a Right to Bear Arms section:

SECTION 8. Right to bear arms.
(a) The right of the people to keep and bear arms in defense of themselves and of the lawful authority of the state shall not be infringed, except that the manner of bearing arms may be regulated by law.

We fight them at the State Supreme Court.
View Quote
LOL....

Attorney General Pam Bondi (R) defended the State's position on the Ban on Open Carry and the SCOF said that public safety toom precedent over civil rights.

Get ready for the let down.
Link Posted: 3/5/2018 9:24:41 PM EDT
[#3]
The House is in session starting tomorrow at 10:30 AM - Until Completion.

Florida House Webpage of SB 7026. Amendments are being added for debate in the House.
Link Posted: 3/5/2018 10:12:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 12:07:33 AM EDT
[#6]
What is their rationale for a 3 day waiting period for each purchase of a rifle unless completing a hunter's course? Even if one already owns 20+ rifles?
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 12:13:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Is the 3 day wait for private sales as well?
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 12:20:53 AM EDT
[#8]
I guess it's going to be a bump stock confiscation ?
the text of the origional bump stock bill from the house and senate has this ,I don't know if it's in the fully passed senate bill

(4) RELINQUISHMENT AND DESTRUCTION.—A person who owns or is
39 in possession of a bump-fire stock may arrange in advance to
40 relinquish the device to a law enforcement agency, as defined in
41 s. 934.02, or the Department of Law Enforcement or, if the bump-
42 fire stock is not relinquished, the person must destroy and
43 render inoperable the device. The law enforcement agency or the
44 department must destroy any relinquished or acquired bump-fire
45 stock within a reasonable time.

This is scary because if they ban so called assault weapons will they do the same thing ?
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 12:32:34 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm meeting with a Republican campaign manager Wednesday that's a friend from many moons ago. I have deep pockets behind me and think I can pull this off. I want nothing more than to be put out there but something has to give. Why not?!
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 1:03:27 AM EDT
[#10]
I think the NRA's sitting this one out. There's nothing on the NRA-ILA site since the Alert-Alert article on 3/1/18 about any action needed.
Silence.
Florida doesn't even show up as having any issues on their map of the US.
Where's Marion "300K" Hammer at now?
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 1:36:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 3:27:58 AM EDT
[#12]
The language sucks. Basically, any trigger that may help to shoot faster (so any lighter weight trigger) "is" a bumpfire. Bent hammer spring makes trigger pull lighter.... bumpfire? How about a lighter buffer weight or adj gas block??? 3 gun triggers? National Match Triggers? All maybe banned as "evil bumpfire stocks".
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 6:20:33 AM EDT
[#13]
I don’t see this passing in the house.
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 7:42:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I don’t see this passing in the house.
View Quote
I hope your crystal ball is right.

The Dems I understand because they love to expoit a tragedy, especially if they think they can get gun control out of it.  It's the Republicans that piss me off time and time again (I switched to NPA years ago because of the spineless republicans we have now).  They ignore the fact that school shootings are down since 1990, that Columbine happened during the AWB, and that there were several government and law enforcement failures that allowed this latest shooting to happen.  If anyone actually believes that banning anything will keep crazy, demented, sociopathic people from killing groups of people then they are truely fools...and I don't think that most elected officials are; I think they have alterior motives.
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 7:47:15 AM EDT
[#15]
14 kids lost their lives. 3 adults did too.

The victims very much died in vain.

Ending gun free zones and allowing campus carry would fix this. Instead, the FL Republican Party in the Governor's seat and in the Senate have decided to violate our civil rights and address the failure of government by pushing more government.

The program that is being pushed has a longer training program than the State requires for law enforcement. The program is more restrictive than the Federal Flight Deck Officer Program. Lastly, it is "voluntarily" in the idea that the school board must volunteer. That means the Leftist centers of education in Broward County and others will never volunteer to allow their teachers and staff to be armed.

Florida got fucked.
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 10:53:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Email I sent out....

My name is Miami_JBT,

As an active and sworn 11-year member of law enforcement community in Florida. I took an oath to uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States and of Florida. That means I swore to uphold all of the civil rights that we have. Freedom of speech, assembly, and religion. Rght to be secure from illegal search and seizure the right cannot accuse oneself in a court of law. Also the right to keep and bear arms.

I own a "Bump Stock". I purchased it so I can enjoy my rights and freedoms and have done so at the range. It isn't a device that is used for crime. It is used for fun at the range. Never in my time of being a police officer did I ever look at violating the law, violating someone's civil rights, nor having my rights be violated.

This bill goes above and beyond all of that. It strips due process from the citizenry, it violates Floridians' 2nd Amendment rights if they're under 21, and it makes me a felon for simply owning an item.

I've never been in trouble in all of my life. I have lived my life with the belief that as long as I follow the law that my rights woukd be respected and not abused. My family fled Cuba to escape such an abuse of power and now we have the possibility of it occurring here.

Me, being made a felon when at the same time I follow the law to the "T".

I cannot in good conscience support such a bill and I have spoken against it this past week at the Capitol during the committee meetings.

Gun Control never works. Never has and never will. Furthermore, as a Police Officer I am against the Marshal Program. It doesn't solve anything. End Gun Free Zones, allow Campus Carry by the law abiding with conceal carry permits. This program is a farce and boondoggle.

Please vote no on SB 7026. Please don't make me, a law abiding, honest family man and police officer into a felon for simply exercising my Godgiven rights.

Miami_JBT
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 11:21:12 AM EDT
[#17]
I am getting pissed no one is answering their phones at all at my State Senators office or my Representatives Office.

I was forced to send the following via email which will be completely ignored I am sure.

I have been trying to reach you regarding SB7026.  After reading what was passed by the Senate I am confounded as to how this bill was considered even remotely acceptable to the Republican party.

It makes felons out of Floridians for possession of piece plastic whose action can be replicated with a loop of string without compensation.  The language in the bill banning so-called "bump stocks" is so broad that any aftermarket triggers, trigger work or stocks that are deemed (with no standard) to be in violation of this law, making even more Floridians felons.

It violates the constitutional rights of voting citizens under that age of 21 to be able to and possess a long arm for the defense of themselves and their homes.  If for example my daughter or son after moving out of my home at 18 wanted to purchase any kind of rifle to store in their home for protection the bill will deny them that right until they reach the wholly arbitrary age of 21.

The addition to the bill with regard to teacher carry is more truly a sop to try and appease your indignant base.  It requires the school board to approve and volunteer, none of whom ever will do so and it continues to promulgate the dubious safety of "gun free zones", which history has shown us are completely useless.

I am wholly and deeply disappointed in Senator Simpson and the rest of the Republican State Senators who voted for this bill and it is my fervent hope that their colleagues in the House will not follow suit.  If you would like to call me and discuss this further please do so at any time.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 12:15:44 PM EDT
[#18]
My emails are being bounced back from the House. They have me fucking BLOCKED!
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 12:28:06 PM EDT
[#19]
JBT...............what's going on in the session now?
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 12:37:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I am getting pissed no one is answering their phones at all at my State Senators office or my Representatives Office.

I was forced to send the following via email which will be completely ignored I am sure.
View Quote
Same thing here. So I've been e-mailing them and leaving a voice mail. Not that it will do any good at this point. I hope the ones saying the house will kill it are right, but after seeing Broxon vote for it in the Senate I don't  hold out much hope.

Trump really did us a disservice at the state level by holding that meeting with the anti-gunners the other week.
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 1:36:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Not just Trump.................that sorry bald headed bastard in Tall. is the creator of the current mess......................Gut him in the senatorial seat he wants and then we've sent a message.
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 1:39:02 PM EDT
[#22]
OUT OF STATE FIREMISSION FOR FL Email the Governor's Office to stop gun control

Email/Call elected officials and tell them that you have vacation property in FL that you will sell. That you were thinking of relocating a business to Florida and moving but won't because of this. That you have decided not to vacation in FL because of this. Etc....

Threaten the State's pocket book

https://www.flgov.com/contact-gov-scott/email-the-governor/

SB 7026 is the bill that is threatening our rights.
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 1:53:53 PM EDT
[#24]
They bounced back all my emails for too many addressees.
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 2:12:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
They bounced back all my emails for too many addressees.
View Quote
I have sent four individually referencing different districts in which I have a bonafide personal or financial interest.

Do you try to do a broadcast e-mail or was there a magic number of individual e-mails that tagged your e-mail or IP address?
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 2:58:03 PM EDT
[#26]
I just got done with 10 more (taking a break). I started from the bottom of the list from Florida Carry because I figured most people are starting form the top.
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 3:06:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Email/Call elected officials and tell them that you have vacation property in FL that you will sell. That you were thinking of relocating a business to Florida and moving but won't because of this. That you have decided not to vacation in FL because of this. Etc....

Threaten the State's pocket book

https://www.flgov.com/contact-gov-scott/email-the-governor/

SB 7026 is the bill that is threatening our rights.
View Quote
This was the avenue I touched on. I left my home state (Illinois) 10 years ago because of crap laws very similar to what is being proposed. Also, that if they want to take Florida down the path of states like Illinois, California, and New York then I would be glad to take my family, my substantial engineering salary, and my upstart engineering consulting/contracting business back to Alabama. My salary goes further, the insurance and property appraiser don't want to bankrupt me, and the politicians (at least in the area I was in) honor both their oaths of office and the motto "We Dare Defend Our Rights."

It'll probably be as effective as spitting in the wind, but the money angle is what makes the world go round.
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 3:40:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I think the NRA's sitting this one out. There's nothing on the NRA-ILA site since the Alert-Alert article on 3/1/18 about any action needed.
Silence.
View Quote
The brass at NRA are corrupted. I've suspected this for a long time. They are the "face of gun rights". More like a mask.
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 3:43:35 PM EDT
[#29]
I was unaware that Slide Fire started selling the bump stock again. Hmmm...I'm thinking about buying one!
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 3:55:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I was unaware that Slide Fire started selling the bump stock again. Hmmm...I'm thinking about buying one!
View Quote
Can you imagine if SB7026 becomes law and there is ZERO compliance? Talk about a Constitutional crisis. The State would literally have to go Gestapo and start choking the justice (small j) system with these cases or they would be exposed as cuckolds without any real power to do anything.

ETA- I am not advocating anybody do anything illegal.
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 4:08:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
The brass at NRA are corrupted. I've suspected this for a long time. They are the "face of gun rights". More like a mask.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Silence.
The dirty little secret is that the NRA Board of Directors has a lot of members with fortunes tied in one way or another to Transferable Machine Guns and other Title II items. Honestly, they would prefer bump stocks, binary triggers, cranks, pistol braces, virgin and 80% receivers and products like the Shockwave just went away. On a small level, it hurts their financial interests. On a larger level it threatens their elite, members only, social standing.
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 8:19:00 PM EDT
[#32]
did it pass?
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 8:35:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
did it pass?
View Quote
AFAIK, none of the amendments proposed in the house passed.

I believe that the bill has one more reading tomorrow and will be voted on afterwards.

It's positively amazing how fast these bastards can move anti gun rights legislation in comparison to how open carry has been allowed to languish years and years only to be defeated by shell games and trickery.

I'm in Palm Beach County where the anti gun legislators will be elected ad infinitum.

I've been a strong Scott supporter; but I'm done with him regardless of who his opponent is in the Senatorial election.
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 8:46:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Amen on the Scott issue!

I took the time to write and state in no uncertain terms that he has lost all support from any and all I know.

We goddamn sure don't need his ilk in the Federal Senate..............hell, at least we always knew where old dried up Nelson stood.
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 8:51:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Was at work and a post from the ar15.com facebook same up with this link:  http://www.guns.com/2018/03/06/florida-senate-narrowly-passes-controversial-gun-bill/

I checked it out and was disappointed they passed it with the bump stock ban and wait time bs extended to most rifles.

Now I'm seeing that it wasn't passed.  Dafuq, guns.com was wrong?

I read the bill just now and the amendments failed today.  Glad but where are they getting their info from?
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 9:26:58 PM EDT
[#36]

3rd reading is scheduled for tomorrow.
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 9:29:02 PM EDT
[#37]
House has adjourned for the night.
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 9:31:56 PM EDT
[#38]
The Senate passed it and it moved to the house where amendments were proposed and defeated.

I believe it will be voted on tomorrow and the Quislings will pass it.

BTW: never believe that "narrowly passed" bullshit, they know how many votes they need and how many they'll get from their people beforehand and let their extraneous legislators off the hook.

It's theater to make it appear as if there was a struggle that was narrowly lost rather than a well orchestrated sellout.

ETA:

The numbers posted here look good, I pray there are enough noes tomorrows.
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 9:37:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
https://i.imgur.com/pBBJMwf.jpg

View Quote
How do you think it will go tomorrow?
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 9:48:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://i.imgur.com/pBBJMwf.jpg

My contacts in the Capitol say that Scott is pushing this hard through House Speaker Richard Corcoran and Senate President Joe Negron. The high command of the FL GOP are NE Country Club types. The base membership is not.

There is a civil war within the party with some House Members. But the majority of the Party supports gun control.
My hope is enough GOP Reps see the political writing on the wall for their careers and vote against this.

It will be nail biting
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 9:59:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
My contacts in the Capitol say that Scott is pushing this hard through House Speaker Richard Corcoran and Senate President Joe Negron. The high command of the FL GOP are NE Country Club types. The base membership is not.

There is a civil war within the party with some House Members. But the majority of the Party supports gun control.
My hope is enough GOP Reps see the political writing on the wall for their careers and vote against this.

It will be nail biting
View Quote
Thanks, health issues prevented me from doing more; and for that I apologize.
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 10:11:50 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
Unfortunately it will pass, IMO it violates the 2nd and 4th Amendment of the Constitution, Through my 68 years I have watched our 2nd amendment rights being stripped away, from LBJ and his Great Society passing gun control act of 1968, and again in 1986, and November 30, 1993 with the Brady Bill on a Federal Level. Being a 4th generation Floridian , I never thought this could happen in our state, Guns have Never been the problem, hell in the early and mid 1960s when I was young you could buy a gun from the Sears catalog and shipped to your home, and I Never remember a school shooting, open carry would eliminate this problem, I defer back to the youth of this state to fight, IMO is a losing battle here in Florida, with the influx of out of state liberals we will become California within 10 years, Miami_JBT good Luck and keep up the fight.
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 10:30:43 PM EDT
[#44]
Unfortunately, both my state rep and senator are anti-2a democrats. I still sent the emails. I hate living in Leon county.
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 11:35:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Unfortunately, both my state rep and senator are anti-2a democrats. I still sent the emails. I hate living in Leon county.
View Quote
So we have the same assholes.
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 11:54:04 PM EDT
[#46]
Same in Palm Beach/Martin. We have Negron and Mast..............Roth so far been voting no
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 5:35:00 AM EDT
[#47]
E-mails sent to the intended recipients.

Rep. Thomas Joseph Rooney (REP)
Sen. Bill Nelson (DEM)
Sen. Marco Antonio Rubio (REP)
Gov. Richard Lynn Scott (REP)
Rep. Matthew H. Caldwell (REP)
Sen. Kathleen C. Passidomo (REP)

With the exception of Nelson, I supported most of them, let's see if they support me.

P.S.

Outfuckingstanding  Miami_JBT!
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 6:45:45 AM EDT
[#48]
Sent all my reps, Toledo, Young, Castor and Rubio as well as Scott messages. Knee jerk assholes the whole bunch.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 8:19:09 AM EDT
[#49]
I have e-mailed everyone on the Florida Carry list contained in their e-mail blast.

However, since most of those e-mail will fall of deaf ears, is there a concise list of State Reps who are sitting on the fence and who still may be coaxed into voting NO?

I would like to spend this AM writing well thought out, specific e-mails to the Reps who may swing. Calling thier offices as well.

Can anybody give me (us) a concise list of maybe 5 or 10 names to really hammer, that may change the predicted outcome?
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 9:16:13 AM EDT
[#50]
@M4A1Carbine please add this to your OP

TODAY IS THE DAY
CALL EVERY MEMBER OF THE FLORIDA HOUSE
This may seem stupid to many, but we now have multiple confirmations that groups from *outside* Florida are calling our representatives to push gun control.
It does not matter if you get a person or voice mail, THEY ARE LISTENING.

Simply state the following:
OOPPOSE Senate Bill 7026.
Do NOT support gun control.
Do NOT raise the age limit on firearms purchases from 18 to 21.
Do NOT support a bump stock ban.

This is a long list, but every call we make ties up the lines so that gun control supporters can't get through.  In order to ensure we get an even spread, if you last name starts with A-M, start at the top of the list, of your last name starts with N-Z, start at the bottom:

Gayle B. Harrell  (850) 717-5083

Thad Altman  (850) 717-5052

Michael Grant  (850) 717-5075

Scott Plakon  (850) 717-5029

Brad Drake  (850) 717-5005

Clay Ingram   (850) 717-5001

Elizabeth W. Porter  (850) 717-5010

Larry Metz  (850) 717-5032

Tom Goodson  (850) 717-5051

Jason T. Brodeur   (850) 717-5028

Richard Corcoran  (850) 717-5000

James "J.W." Grant  (850) 717-5064

Larry Ahern  (850) 717-5066

Ben Albritton  (850) 717-5056

Shawn Harrison  (850) 717-5063

Jim Boyd  (850) 717-5071

Matt Caldwell  (850) 717-5079

Bill Hager  (850) 717-5089

George R. Moraitis, Jr.  (850) 717-5093

Jeanette M. Nuñez  (850) 717-5119

Carlos Trujillo  (850) 717-5105

Michael Bileca  (850) 717-5115

Jose R. Oliva   (850) 717-5110

Charlie Stone  (850) 717-5022

Halsey Beshears  (850) 717-5007

W. Travis Cummings  (850) 717-5018

David Santiago  (850) 717-5027

Mike La Rosa  (850) 717-5042

Cary Pigman  (850) 717-5055

Jake Raburn  (850) 717-5057

Manny Diaz, Jr.   (850) 717-5103

Holly Raschein   (850) 717-5120

Ross Spano   (850) 717-5059

Kathleen M. Peters  (850) 717-5069

Ray Wesley Rodrigues  (850) 717-5076

Dane Eagle  (850) 717-5077

Heather Fitzenhagen  (850) 717-5078

MaryLynn "ML" Magar  (850) 717-5082

Robert "Bob" Cortes  (407) 262-7420

Jay Trumbull   (850) 717-5006

Jay Fant   (850) 717-5015

Jennifer Mae Sullivan  (850) 717-5031

Blaise Ingoglia   (850) 717-5035

Daniel Wright "Danny" Burgess, Jr.  (850) 717-5038

Mike Miller  (850) 717-5047

Rene "Coach P" Plasencia   (850) 717-5050

Chris Sprowls   (850) 717-5065

Chris Latvala   (850) 717-5067

Julio Gonzalez   (850) 717-5074

Bryan Avila   (850) 717-5111

Colleen Burton  (850) 717-5040

Paul Renner  (850) 717-5024

Cyndi Stevenson  (850) 717-5017

Jayer Williamson   (850) 717-5003

Ralph E. Massullo, MD  (850) 717-5034

Cord Byrd  (850) 717-5011

Clay Yarborough  (850) 717-5012

Bob Rommel  (850) 717-5106

Byron Donalds  (850) 717-5080

Erin Grall  (850) 717-5054

Jason Fischer  (850) 717-5016

Mel Ponder  (850) 717-5004

Sam H. Killebrew  (850) 717-5041

Frank White  (850) 717-5002

Randy Fine  (850) 717-5053

Jackie Toledo  (850) 717-5060

Rick Roth  (850) 717-5085

Bobby Payne  (850) 717-5019

Charles Wesley "Chuck" Clemons, Sr.  (850) 717-5021

Stan McClain  (850) 717-5023

Joe Gruters  (850) 717-5073

Thomas J. "Tom" Leek  (850) 717-5025

Amber Mariano  (850) 717-5036

Robert "Bobby O" Olszewski  (850) 717-5044

Lawrence McClure  (850) 717-5058

Daniel Perez  (850) 717-5116
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top