Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2017 2:12:24 PM EDT
I am looking to move from the NE wifes getting close to retirement/pension and going south back to my southern roots, and open my business again beside the beating the keys has taken How are things?

Outboard/outdrive/ hi performance prop repair talk to me.  I asked in the GA forum but ..... Thanks guys
Keys , West coast to North panhandle ..

c
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 4:13:03 PM EDT
[#1]
there is a lot of boat business, but where those services would be needed most I don't know.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 6:01:49 PM EDT
[#2]
If it was me, I’d stick to the west coast. I’m not in the industry, but that area is growing like mad.  Word of mouth will make you or break you (as you should know already).  

Completely independent shop, or will you be doing warranty work and such?
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 6:22:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Do you fix skegs?  I've got a little rough spot on a sportmaster outboard lower I've been wanting to get smoothed out.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 6:33:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If it was me, I’d stick to the west coast. I’m not in the industry, but that area is growing like mad.  Word of mouth will make you or break you (as you should know already).  

View Quote
Independent
thanks
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 6:37:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Independent
thanks
View Quote
Nor Tech high performance boats are manufactured in North Fort Myers.  West Coast hot spots for performance boats are Sarasota, Tampa and a few other spots north.  East Coast is Miami.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 6:41:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Do you fix skegs?  I've got a little rough spot on a sportmaster outboard lower I've been wanting to get smoothed out.
View Quote
Yes

350 Yamaha 2016 for their factory test boats
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 6:51:48 PM EDT
[#7]

350hp yams  finished after tweaking
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 6:53:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Nor Tech high performance boats are manufactured in North Fort Myers.  West Coast hot spots for performance boats are Sarasota, Tampa and a few other spits north.  East Coast is Miami.
View Quote
Thank you
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 9:23:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Independent
thanks
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Independent
thanks
Gotcha.  All you have to do is provide some good service and you will be golden.  

The shop in Orlando is like pulling teeth to deal with, but they are pretty much the only game in town.  I waited 6 weeks for a simple rehub on a prop because of parts.  

Really, an OMC prop hub you can't get parts for???  Never got the prop back, they lost it.  Didn't want to argue as it was just a cheap aluminum spare.  Business goes elsewhere now.  
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 10:31:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Gotcha.  All you have to do is provide some good service and you will be golden.  

The shop in Orlando is like pulling teeth to deal with, but they are pretty much the only game in town.  I waited 6 weeks for a simple rehub on a prop because of parts.  

Really, an OMC prop hub you can't get parts for???  Never got the prop back, they lost it.  Didn't want to argue as it was just a cheap aluminum spare.  Business goes elsewhere now.  
View Quote
Wow
I would have tried to put you in a new style drop in kit, rubber hubs suck thanks for the info
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top