Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/16/2017 3:33:32 PM EDT
Saw this in GD

UF Rally

I'm traveling south to Fort Myers Beach via 75 that Thursday. Wondering if it would be best if I detoured west of there, just in case. I know the majority of the issue is going to be around campus, but I always to get stuck in some BS traffic around the university exits on days when nothing is happening.

Regardless, those of you living in the vicinity please be safe.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 11:17:24 AM EDT
[#1]
I am rolling up there Thursday PM to hang with my kid who is scheduled for outpatient surgery that day.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 8:12:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I have heard it on good sources that the hospitals are gearing up as well that day.

I would stay the f' away from that place....

Red
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 1:08:18 PM EDT
[#3]
GPD friend of mine called me yesterday evening, they were out doing riot training, said to avoid town unless you absolutely needed to be there.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 3:53:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Why are they getting so worked up over this ?
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 8:59:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Gainesville is the liberal cesspool of northeast Florida. If it were a BLM or LBGT convention, it would be just another day at UF.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 9:33:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Sure would be nice to see alot of antifa going home with less teeth then they came with.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 7:38:28 AM EDT
[#7]
this whole over blown affair is utter bullshit and left wing insanity.   If UF and the City just said, "ok, but no one cares what you have to say", and let it happen, maybe a dozen deranged nutters would have shown up.  The few so called 'white nationalists' have not burned any cop cars, destroyed property, or harmed people.  Anywhere.  You can't make the same claim about the left wing rioters.
With the ridiculous reaction from the communist city council, the left wing propaganda machine of  TV20 and Gainesville  Sun, the stupidity of UF,  this has turned into a freaking circus.
If there IS any trouble, violence or damage, you can lay the blame at the feet of the above mentioned players.
Note that not once, has any of these entities EVER voiced opposition to any left wing hate group,  many of which play to a receptive audience here in Gainesville.  BLM,  antifa, the various muslim associations, the communist party and others that vow to eviscerate America, are welcomed with open arms.

http://www.gainesville.com/news/20171018/latest-on-spencer-event-padgett-refused-at-tall-pauls
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 11:42:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Mannlicher nails it on the head.  They also seriously do not want anything like Charlotte happening here.  The university is the life blood of this place and they are circling the wagons close on this one.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 1:43:37 PM EDT
[#9]
there was nothing happening here anything remotely like Charlottsville or Ferguson.  Just a speech by a non entity, used by the local communists to stir up a reaction.  Other than the city being clogged with out of city/county cops,  and many of them running around at high rates of speed with sirens blaring,  there were no incidents.  No riots, no cars or businesses burned, just nothing.  Some equally nutty UF snowflakes and local black 'activists' whined and cried.  That was about it.  As Shakespeare said so long ago, it was "much ado about nothing",  and about as comical.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 5:08:04 PM EDT
[#10]
I would not say that nothing happened.....

First of all - U of F raised the bar on how to handle the deal when it comes to town - other towns need to get it in line.......

For the AAR

One dude was caught impersonating an officer with a gun/badge/zip cuffs.

Another dude was caught with a gun wrapped up in an American flag.

So I believe that the police presence did the job.

Red
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 4:00:18 PM EDT
[#11]
laughing.  Ok,  :)
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 12:07:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
there was nothing happening here anything remotely like Charlottsville or Ferguson.  Just a speech by a non entity, used by the local communists to stir up a reaction.  Other than the city being clogged with out of city/county cops,  and many of them running around at high rates of speed with sirens blaring,  there were no incidents.  No riots, no cars or businesses burned, just nothing.  Some equally nutty UF snowflakes and local black 'activists' whined and cried.  That was about it.  As Shakespeare said so long ago, it was "much ado about nothing",  and about as comical.
View Quote
Sorry.  
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 12:34:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would not say that nothing happened.....

First of all - U of F raised the bar on how to handle the deal when it comes to town - other towns need to get it in line.......

For the AAR

One dude was caught impersonating an officer with a gun/badge/zip cuffs.

Another dude was caught with a gun wrapped up in an American flag.

So I believe that the police presence did the job.

Red
View Quote
Yes
and
Yes.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top