Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/13/2017 12:23:10 PM EDT
Florida law enforcement, first responders get license-free fishing as 'Thank You' for Irma efforts

TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) –  The State of Florida is treating Florida law enforcement officers and first responders to license-free fishing as a token of thanks for their help during Hurricane Irma.

Florida Governor Rick Scott announced that Florida’s law enforcement officers and first responders will be able to enjoy license-free freshwater and saltwater fishing through June 30, 2018.

This is in recognition of their lifesaving work preparing and responding to Hurricane Irma.

“Before and after Hurricane Irma, Florida’s brave law enforcement officers and first responders have been tirelessly working around the clock to meet the needs of our families and communities. Even as their own families were evacuating or working to begin the recovery process, they have been putting their own lives on the line to keep our state safe.

We owe these brave heroes a debt of gratitude, and I am proud to announce this license-free fishing opportunity as a gesture of appreciation and recognition for their service to our state,” said Gov. Scott.

The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission will accept official first responder identification in lieu of a Florida fishing license during this period.

“These true heroes of hurricane response efforts will be able to enjoy Florida’s world class freshwater and saltwater fishing opportunities without buying a fishing license. It is our hope this small token of appreciation will give these dedicated men and women an opportunity to get a break from stressful recovery work so they can relax and enjoy good times fishing with family and friends,” said FWC Chairman Brian Yablonski.

The Florida Department of Environmental Protection is also offering free day-passes to Florida State Parks that can be used on an unlimited basis until October 2018 for all law enforcement officers, first responders and utility workers.
View Quote
Heads up for our FL members.

Cops, EMS, and Fire Fighters can fish for free until June 2018 with creds. 

Florida Utility Workers can get in on the free access to State parks until October 2018. 
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 11:27:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Fishing should be free anyways! Thanks Rick, can I have the 3% back that you stole from me by breaking my contract with the state?
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 6:03:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Fishing should be free anyways! Thanks Rick, can I have the 3% back that you stole from me by breaking my contract with the state?
View Quote
That's like me expecting FL GOP to pass Open and Campus Carry. 

I want my 3% back. 
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 5:21:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Florida law enforcement, first responders get license-free fishing as 'Thank You' for Irma efforts

TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) –  The State of Florida is treating Florida law enforcement officers and first responders to license-free fishing as a token of thanks for their help during Hurricane Irma.

Florida Governor Rick Scott announced that Florida’s law enforcement officers and first responders will be able to enjoy license-free freshwater and saltwater fishing through June 30, 2018.

This is in recognition of their lifesaving work preparing and responding to Hurricane Irma.

“Before and after Hurricane Irma, Florida’s brave law enforcement officers and first responders have been tirelessly working around the clock to meet the needs of our families and communities. Even as their own families were evacuating or working to begin the recovery process, they have been putting their own lives on the line to keep our state safe.

We owe these brave heroes a debt of gratitude, and I am proud to announce this license-free fishing opportunity as a gesture of appreciation and recognition for their service to our state,” said Gov. Scott.

The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission will accept official first responder identification in lieu of a Florida fishing license during this period.

“These true heroes of hurricane response efforts will be able to enjoy Florida’s world class freshwater and saltwater fishing opportunities without buying a fishing license. It is our hope this small token of appreciation will give these dedicated men and women an opportunity to get a break from stressful recovery work so they can relax and enjoy good times fishing with family and friends,” said FWC Chairman Brian Yablonski.

The Florida Department of Environmental Protection is also offering free day-passes to Florida State Parks that can be used on an unlimited basis until October 2018 for all law enforcement officers, first responders and utility workers.
View Quote

Florida Utility Workers can get in on the free access to State parks until October 2018. 
View Quote

Wait a minute... I thought you were against special treatment for special class(es) of people?

Do you approve of and support this or no?
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 9:24:07 AM EDT
[#4]
I am not a fan of this free license stuff.   Except for me, of course, since I am over 65.   :)
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 12:17:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Wait a minute... I thought you were against special treatment for special class(es) of people?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This isn't a civil rights carve out. 

Also it isn't limited to LE. EMS, Fire Fighters, and Utility Workers can take part. 
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 1:42:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Sucks if it don't include a Lobster Stamp.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 2:25:19 PM EDT
[#7]
68 years old here.

Get free fishing, hunting and free national parks cause supposedly am disabeld.

Just got a letter in the mail. Think it says Medicare part D is free because Trump changed things. Was $ 107 a month.

Add that back to my SS check.  

Seriously, If 1st responders wanted to go fishing they would already have a fishing license.

So,...don't have a dog in this and don't care. So,... ya'll can suck it.

Was nice of Gov. Scott to do some kind of thanks.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 6:17:08 AM EDT
[#8]
I just renewed my all inclusive Sportsmans Gold License at the beginning of the month.

Do I get the price of the fishing licenses refunded?

Link Posted: 10/17/2017 7:42:51 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm retired military, I get it all for $20 a year... more state sponsored special class treatment...
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 10:03:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'm retired military, I get it all for $20 a year... more state sponsored special class treatment...
View Quote
Damned leeches. 
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 6:37:02 PM EDT
[#11]
i got a lifetime saltwater license. free for people doing their jobs? they should be free for all of the working stiffs then.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top