Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/4/2017 8:02:13 PM EDT
I plan on taking my honeymoon in Destin starting Monday 9th through Monday 16th. What's everyone thoughts on this upcoming storm? Will it affect the area enough to make it to where you can't be in the Gulf?

I'm trying to decide on postponing it or not. The whole were going is for the clear water.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 12:04:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Gulf is kicked up now.  Will be through the weekend. I haven't looked at next weeks weather, but unless there's another system in the Gulf  the waters should be a lot calmer next week
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 7:59:54 PM EDT
[#2]
It’s not an Ocean, it’s a Gulf! The Gulf of Mexico.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 8:27:16 PM EDT
[#3]
There is a tropical storm that could become a hurricane in the gulf down by central america now. They are calling for it to hit near New Orleans somewhere but you know how that goes. Didn't see when but could be messy in the gulf the next week or so.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 8:40:28 PM EDT
[#4]
It's impossible to really know.

Sorry.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 9:09:40 PM EDT
[#5]
The storm should miss us, but the Gulf is already stirred up a bit.  

NWS Marine Forecast
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 10:00:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It’s not an Ocean, it’s a Gulf! The Gulf of Mexico.
View Quote
Good catch
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 11:08:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Latest track has it heading for NOLA on Sunday.  Destin should be fine by Monday.  I'm between Destin and Pensacola.  I am not even taking my boat out of the water (Santa Rosa sound).
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 10:21:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Good catch
View Quote
It’s a pet peeve of mine.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 6:52:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Well I get here and the water is the same color as the NC coast Hopefully it clears up
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top