Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2017 8:16:05 AM EDT
Anyone have an arborist that they can recommend?  I have about 10 medium to big live oaks that need to come down and some general tree trimming on about an acre. I've been putting this off but Irma got me thinking. We dodged the bullet with no home damage but regardless these things need to come down.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 9:48:47 AM EDT
[#1]
I use Andrew at Family Tree Service. He's out by you south of I-4 off Turkey Creek. 813-379-0460.

Very professional and fair. He just took out a damaged 60' cedar for me this week.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 10:40:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I use Andrew at Family Tree Service. He's out by you south of I-4 off Turkey Creek. 813-379-0460.

Very professional and fair. He just took out a damaged 60' cedar for me this week.
View Quote
Thanks. I'll give him a call. What did removing that tree run you if you don't mind saying?
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 11:22:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Only $1,200. 2 other estimates were $1,600. Half the tree bounced off neighbors barrel tile roof and landed across her pool during the storm. She paid to have that removed.

The other half still standing was cracked all the way to the ground. I wouldn't have climbed it for all the tea in China. Andrew is big on safety, double safety restraints and no measure overlooked.

I give him 5 Stars.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 7:22:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Did he give you an estimate?
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 8:12:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Big oak fell on moms house in Brandon...Some Sanford and Sons  guy with beat up truck and trailer gave her a $4500 quote

It's money for those that have a chainsaw , truck and insurance ...I have all that  but to dang old for that stuff anymore  
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 8:15:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Did he give you an estimate?
View Quote
I haven't called him yet but will later today. I have 3 other companies giving me quotes but want to another as well. I fear this job will be north of $10k.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 8:44:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
No joy. He came in almost double than the next bid. Got 4 bids, all from licensed arborists, and all fell between $6K and 8K for the work. His quote came in at $15K.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 2:16:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

No joy. He came in almost double than the next bid. Got 4 bids, all from licensed arborists, and all fell between $6K and 8K for the work. His quote came in at $15K.
View Quote
Wow that Sux! I'll give him no more referrals.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top