Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2017 8:56:08 AM EDT
Do you think that any one Florida got to use their new found right?

Red
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 7:52:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Do you think that any one Florida got to use their new found right?

Red
View Quote
I met a few that did during traffic stops (because they were driving like total idiots), and through casual encounters. They were nice to let me know they were carrying, and it didn't bother me. Due to looters, robberies (especially with gas), and other violent crimes from desperate people, I think this Common Sense law is great. 
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 9:07:01 AM EDT
[#2]
I know for a fact one family did. Gave a friend of mine my Ruger LCRx for their trip to GA.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 8:59:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I met a few that did during traffic stops (because they were driving like total idiots), and through casual encounters. They were nice to let me know they were carrying, and it didn't bother me. Due to looters, robberies (especially with gas), and other violent crimes from desperate people, I think this Common Sense law is great. 
View Quote
That is awesome - a gun law that worked - who would have ever thought of that?

Red
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 12:45:52 PM EDT
[#4]
I was shocked to see comments on Facebook of LEOs who had no clue this law existed and said they would've arrested people for CCWing without a license during the evacuation. Claiming they never got any notification that this law had become a law.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 2:49:57 PM EDT
[#5]
the ignorance of LEO with regards to gun laws is no surprise to me.  Several  times I have interfaced with an officer that was not up to speed.   :)
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 8:33:59 PM EDT
[#6]
You shouldn't need a permit to carry a gun period state of emergency or not.  Where does it say the right to keep and bear arms with a permit shall not be infringed?
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 9:59:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
You shouldn't need a permit to carry a gun period state of emergency or not.  Where does it say the right to keep and bear arms with a permit shall not be infringed?
View Quote
Yea, sucks I moved from an area (Kansas City) that had constitutional carry. Both Missouri and Kansas had it. Now I have to go about getting a license again..... though it doesn't look to be too awful a process.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 11:21:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Yea, sucks I moved from an area (Kansas City) that had constitutional carry. Both Missouri and Kansas had it. Now I have to go about getting a license again..... though it doesn't look to be too awful a process.
View Quote
Look at the Florida Department of Agriculture - all the info you need is there...

Once you have your training - make the appointment with one of the service centers and they will fix you up with the application/fingerprints/photo and  notary.....

All Good

Red
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top