Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2017 11:01:43 PM EDT
Just wondering what the panhandle area of FL is like?  Food/Fuel shortages?  Highways jammed up?
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 3:11:12 AM EDT
[#1]
This is not first hand knowledge as I am working out of the area, but the wife has reported the following in the FWB/Navarre area;

1. Some gas pumps are out of mid-grade or premium, but you could find gas if you needed it and there were no lines.
2. I-10 was jammed up pretty good there for a bit due to evacuees.
3. Every hotel in the area is booked up solid.
4. Navarre Walmart was short bread, water, and some canned goods. Everything else was still stocked decently.

Weather-wise, I think all that's expected up there are some gnarly tropical storms.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 9:43:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This is not first hand knowledge as I am working out of the area, but the wife has reported the following in the FWB/Navarre area;

1. Some gas pumps are out of mid-grade or premium, but you could find gas if you needed it and there were no lines.
2. I-10 was jammed up pretty good there for a bit due to evacuees.
3. Every hotel in the area is booked up solid.
4. Navarre Walmart was short bread, water, and some canned goods. Everything else was still stocked decently.

Weather-wise, I think all that's expected up there are some gnarly tropical storms.
View Quote
Pensacola checking in. The above report is spot on.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 1:28:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a trip planned there for this coming weekend........what should it be like by then?
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 1:55:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Windy, it's actually chilly, sporadic light rain, amd cloudy.FHP has asked people to try and stay off the Interstate. A few businesses are closed (publix, target, etc).
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 2:50:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Windy, it's actually chilly, sporadic light rain, amd cloudy.FHP has asked people to try and stay off the Interstate. A few businesses are closed (publix, target, etc).
View Quote
Will things be getting back to normal by this coming weekend do you think?
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 6:17:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top