Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2017 5:39:08 PM EDT
Daughter has decided to stay - house is in none of the flood zones, brick rancher built in the 60's. Possibly better than getting caught on the road.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 6:44:17 PM EDT
[#1]
How far inland? It sounds like she may be the San Marco area which is known for flooding. If so she will most likely be ok on the second floor but she will be stranded for a while if she needs to get out. The track is still up in the air right now so nobody really knows what the winds are going to be like. The  forecasted track looks very similar to Matthew last year which Jax faired pretty well with. The bad thing is if she stays and decides that she needs to go it may be too late. I would think she has until Friday to commit either way unless something changes. Especially traveling alone.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 6:45:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Well I guess I was typing when you edited your post.

What part of town?

ETA: You can email me your number if you want and I can see what I can do to help. I've lived here my entire life and know the area pretty well.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 6:59:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What part of town?

ETA: You can email me your number if you want and I can see what I can do to help. I've lived here my entire life and know the area pretty well.
View Quote
The house is off Altham Road, the apartment off Univ. Blvd. I'll send you her info later. Thanks
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 7:36:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The house is off Altham Road, the apartment off Univ. Blvd. I'll send you her info later. Thanks
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What part of town?

I am in JAX on business, staying at the Mariott on Salisbury Road. I might be close?? I fly out Friday. If she changes her mind and wants to leave via plane, I can give her a ride early Friday? PM me if interested.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 8:10:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I am in JAX on business, staying at the Mariott on Salisbury Road. I might be close?? I fly out Friday. If she changes her mind and wants to leave via plane, I can give her a ride early Friday? PM me if interested.
View Quote
Thank you for the offer - very gracious to do that. If situation changes I'll be in contact.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 10:44:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Believe that this storm is going up the coast offshore - we will not get the brunt of it......

Red
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 2:12:40 PM EDT
[#7]
I hope so. I work Fire/Rescue and will most likely be working 3-4 days straight and it sucks not being able to take care of your own family.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 5:06:39 PM EDT
[#8]
daughter and her family left St Johns early today, and headed to Birmingham.  Smooth ride down I-10,  and up I-65
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 8:37:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Believe that this storm is going up the coast offshore - we will not get the brunt of it......

Red
View Quote
Good Lord I hope so.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 2:40:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Last big storm here had water up to the foundation of the house, and a new stream in the back yard temporarily.

That's my main concern.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 8:08:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Any body know of flooding in Neptune Beach?
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 12:07:37 AM EDT
[#12]
How did Jacksonville fare overall?

I'm back on business next week ... should I bring waders? An axe? Other?
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 3:29:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
How did Jacksonville fare overall?

I'm back on business next week ... should I bring waders? An axe? Other?
View Quote
Jax was hit pretty hard, historical flooding going back to the 1800's.

South side of jax is ok, north and downtown flooded pretty bad.

My office is in Jax but I live in St Augustine in between the St. John's river and the intercostal water way.

We had major flooding and still do not have power.  The flooding was worse than Matthew by a lot.  Small damage around the house, living off a generator, but the water levels are going down.

University blvd should be good, my office is close to there.  If she needs anything let me know.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 11:20:39 PM EDT
[#14]
My VP is still w/o power as is the daughter of the lady that cuts my hair.

Debris piles still litter the neighborhood. The San Marco area still had places closed because the had 4' of water in them. The Wells Fargo building (largest in Jax) is also completely down. It took on so much water non of the electrical is working to support the building.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top