Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 10/29/2019 1:14:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/29/2019 7:04:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Some ranges have silly rules about what they allow to be fired. Okeechobee shooting sports doesn't allow ak47 or sks type firearms on their normal range , you have to use one of their more expensive  tactical ranges. I have , however fired my keltec plr16 on the normal rifle range with no issue. They also don't allow steel or aluminum cased ammo on the regular range, but they allow it on the more expensive ones.
Link Posted: 10/29/2019 8:02:24 PM EDT
[#3]
there are benches every where on the rifle ranges so I am betting that it will be seated bench rest shooting only, fudd style.
Link Posted: 10/30/2019 1:07:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Do you think this range is gonna give me shit for shooting an AR Pistol?
View Quote
Who knows....rapid fire could be banned like markham park
markham no longer allows shotguns without a stock but didn't seem to care about my AK pistol.
Link Posted: 10/30/2019 10:41:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah I figured it would be lame.
Link Posted: 10/31/2019 7:21:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
there are benches every where on the rifle ranges so I am betting that it will be seated bench rest shooting only, fudd style.
View Quote
That sucks, but I think you are correct....
Link Posted: 10/31/2019 7:45:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
Why else would anyone need to go to the range for except to sight in their bolt action deer rifle once a year ?

And none of that damned rapid fire of more than a round every 5-10 seconds or so.

It's just not necessary and takes away from the enjoyment of those on the other lanes who are sighting in their bolt action hunting rifles.

I wish that Shoot Straight would open some outdoor ranges throughout Florida; they let you shoot what you want, pretty much however you want,  and they don't break your balls with nonsense so long as you're shooting safely.
Link Posted: 10/31/2019 1:45:38 PM EDT
[#8]
I need a place where we can shoot steel targets
Link Posted: 11/1/2019 2:53:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
You can at OK, but only with pistol caliber
Link Posted: 11/1/2019 2:55:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Well gents, he we are, Nov 1st. I guess Brian is having trouble finding staff at $11/hour to drive down the road from hell.
Link Posted: 11/2/2019 8:21:42 AM EDT
[#11]
So the October 2019 opening date came and went and still no range; can't say I'm surprised in the least.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 12:55:59 AM EDT
[#12]
I've thought there should be a party when the range opens... now I'm thinking it hinges on if it opens.
Tough days.
Link Posted: 11/14/2019 11:28:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Just curious, from time of announcement to now, how much actual time has elapsed. I have a rough estimate but I want to be more sure. Thank you.
Link Posted: 11/14/2019 11:50:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/14/2019 6:45:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Just curious, from time of announcement to now, how much actual time has elapsed. I have a rough estimate but I want to be more sure. Thank you.
View Quote
Ground breaking took place in Sept 2016 if memory serves correct.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 8:38:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
This thread alone is 2.5 years old.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 9:24:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
I'm not sure how you define "announcement" but the original plan for the range was at a different site...  IIRC, it was "announced" in the early 2000s.  The below image was from some documentation that was published well into the planning phase!...>>>

Link Posted: 11/15/2019 2:26:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Yup, attended those meetings back then........
Link Posted: 11/16/2019 7:01:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
The FWC range here in sebastian is one shot per second. No rapid fire. You can still shoot standing and shoot somewhat rapidly, but just not as fast as you can pull the trigger.
Link Posted: 11/16/2019 7:40:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The FWC range here in sebastian is one shot per second. No rapid fire. You can still shoot standing and shoot somewhat rapidly, but just not as fast as you can pull the trigger.
View Quote
@HiFlow

Do they allow AKs ?

You can't lock the action open; with the exception of Yugos.
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 8:55:47 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
You can still stick a flag in the chamber though...  right?
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 10:00:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Of course, and I'm hoping that's acceptable.

Unfortunately, there are ranges that for one politically correct Fudd supported reason or another don't allow AKs, and that's their excuse which why I'm inquiring if the FWC operated range in Sebastion allows AKs.
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 10:36:47 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 12:33:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

@HiFlow

Do they allow AKs ?

View Quote
@America-first

Yeah, AKs are allowed there. You can use a chamber flag or a spent casing I think my friend uses. I dont think anything is exempt except full auto and rapid fire. Once they call cold range the ROs verify guns on the line are clear and everyone tends to targets or chills and talks behind the red line till it goes hot again. Most of the ROs there are pretty good guys.
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 12:46:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Well, prior to the gentleman being life flighted out with the AK chest injury, I would have said ‘no problems with shooting AK’s there.

As the gentleman told the story, he laid his AK on the table and then shot a friend’s AK. The round struck the front sight on his AK and shrapnel stuck in his chest.

When the words gun range, AK and chest injury are strung together, some folks get excited. It turns out the chest injury required some antibiotics and a bandaid.
View Quote
I seem to remember another AK incident in the last couple years. I want to say it was at Malabar private club though. I believe someones firing pin got lodged foward and it ran away full auto. They lost control and it jumped up and over shooting the owner in the chest.
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 2:40:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

@America-first

Yeah, AKs are allowed there. You can use a chamber flag or a spent casing I think my friend uses. I dont think anything is exempt except full auto and rapid fire. Once they call cold range the ROs verify guns on the line are clear and everyone tends to targets or chills and talks behind the red line till it goes hot again. Most of the ROs there are pretty good guys.
View Quote
Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 8:37:54 AM EDT
[#27]
Tear another page off the calendar; still no range.
Link Posted: 12/21/2019 9:28:53 AM EDT
[#28]
The latest update for the range was posted yesterday (12/20/2019) on the FWC website (LINK)...  It is a review of recent progress but the is no prediction of an opening date!...  
Link Posted: 12/21/2019 5:23:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 12/21/2019 5:50:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 12/21/2019 6:47:45 PM EDT
[#31]
"Contractors continue to work diligently"

Well, I feel better....
Link Posted: 12/22/2019 8:54:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
"Contractors continue to work diligently"

Well, I feel better....
View Quote
In professional contractor's parlance; "That job died".

Seriously, that's the actual term used in the construction industry to describe a never ending job that limps along over such a long time period with no real completion date in sight, but has a few guys on site pushing dirt around to give the false appearance of progress.

Not far from my home; an entire working farm was turned into a huge strip mall, with all the work that entails, in a little less than a year's time; but that's what happens when those in charge of the construction actually  do want the project to be finished.

Tear another page off the calendar Throw away another year's calendar; still no range.
Link Posted: 12/24/2019 4:41:01 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If we ever see a ribbon cut and something actually open, I hope beers will be shared after the inaugural holes in paper.
This has become beyond a marathon. It's really frustrating when it's only 15 minutes away. I have always enjoyed my trips to Okeechobee but a 2+ hour roundtrip is easily replaced by a 30 minute one.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 5:55:43 PM EDT
[#34]
It took 14 months to build The Empire State Building. Those workers must have been "Super Duper" diligent. Nothing takes this long to build unless it's intentional.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 10:07:19 AM EDT
[#35]
The main issue is the water plant.  They apparently cannot get water.

The county will not issue a certificate of occupancy until they get water to the restrooms.

Without the certificate of occupancy, they cannot open to the public.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 11:05:41 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 11:15:37 AM EDT
[#37]
they are full of shit, there are many gun ranges that do not have running water and are open to the public.  They could have used port o lets 3 years ago and opened.  Lying sacks of shit.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 12:34:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

The county will not issue a certificate of occupancy until they get water to the restrooms.

View Quote
That's nonsense.

The truth is that the facility itself hasn't been completed and isn't ready to be opened.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 12:48:55 PM EDT
[#39]
and they said it would open in phases.  more total bullshit lies.   they should have started the well etc 3 years ago.  morons.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 11:09:18 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
Will that be your testimony during the class action lawsuit?
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 5:11:52 PM EDT
[#41]
There are houses being built and occupied everyday in the acreage and Lox. There's no problem accessing water. Leisure strikes again...
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 9:44:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
There are houses being built and occupied everyday in the acreage and Lox. There's no problem accessing water. Leisure strikes again...
View Quote
Yep, built a house and have been there over a year now, well works fine.
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 8:46:57 AM EDT
[#43]
Happy New Year!

Please see the attached update on the Palm Beach County Shooting Sports Complex.

I will send out further updates as they become available.

Sincerely,

Lynne Hawk
Regional Hunter Safety Coordinator
Florida Fish & Wildlife Conservation Commission
8535 Northlake Blvd., West Palm Beach, FL 33412
(561)625-5122

(561)625-5139 fax

Dec. 20, 2019
Palm Beach Shooting Sports Complex: 2019 in review
Phase III construction of the Palm Beach Shooting Sports Complex, which began in 2019, is
nearing completion. Project milestones for the year include completing the construction of two
buildings, the administrative building and the restroom, and finishing work on the 100-yard rifle
range and handgun range. A potable water plant has been constructed, and we're close to
meeting the requirements of the testing phase. Once that's complete, the FWC can request a
certificate of occupancy, which will allow us to operate the 100-yard rifle and handgun ranges
on the weekends. Contractors continue to work diligently to complete construction of the 200-
and 300-yard shooting lines as well as complete the final grading for the trap (including Olympic
trap) and skeet fields, install trap and skeet equipment, and wrap up work on the buildings that
house the throwers for skeet. In addition, FWC staff are building stations for the sporting clays
course.
This project was conceived as a multi-phase, multi-year project due to the use of federal grants
funds from the Wildlife Restoration Program. Breaking the project into different phases over
multiple years allowed the needed funding, matching funds and spending authority to be
accumulated for project completion. When finished, this state-of-the-art facility will safely
support the needs of hunters, hunter safety students, and target shooters. The complex, one of
the largest shooting sports facilities in Florida, will meet growing demand for target shooting
opportunities with five rifle and handgun ranges; five Olympic trap fields; six American trap
fields; nine skeet fields; and a 15-station sporting clays course.
In addition to the Wildlife Restoration program, which brings funding to Florida from the
sporting arms and archery industries and the people of Florida who participate in those
activities, support and funding for the Palm Beach Shooting Sports Complex also are provided
by Palm Beach County, National Rifle Association, Fish & Wildlife Foundation of Florida, and
South Florida Water Management District.
The facility is located at Seminole Pratt Whitney Road  toward the main entrance to J.W.
Corbett Wildlife Management Area and Everglades Youth Conservation Center Camp.
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 6:39:31 PM EDT
[#44]
Project milestones
View Quote
They REALLY just said that?

Something tells me they are building this out more to attract the "sporting" crowd then shooters.  I bet the rifle & HG ranges will have insane wait times.
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 1:08:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

They REALLY just said that?

Something tells me they are building this out more to attract the "sporting" crowd then shooters.  I bet the rifle & HG ranges will have insane wait times.
View Quote
It certainly appears that way when you read between the lines.

Better go out and buy an over-under.
Link Posted: 1/13/2020 1:40:26 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You can shoot steel on the OKSS 200 yard "Unlimited Rifle" range. I think they have a few targets there, but you can also bring your own.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 11:01:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Total waste of Tax Payer money and a waste of our time waiting on these Ass Hats to complete this range! Absolutely Ridiculous and we all should be calling them on the carpet.
I think I"ll email Mast and let him know we VOTERS are pissed!!
Link Posted: 1/16/2020 12:46:43 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Total waste of Tax Payer money and a waste of our time waiting on these Ass Hats to complete this range! Absolutely Ridiculous and we all should be calling them on the carpet.
View Quote
After running on a pro gun rights platform, Mast turned out to be a pro "assault weapons" ban, mag capacity limit, gun grabber.
Link Posted: 1/16/2020 7:59:49 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote
Where have you been? Mast is a RINO gun grabber. He doesn't think us common folks shouldn't be allowed to own high capacity magazines or an ar15. And he supports an assault weapons ban.  Unfortunately he's my rep. I voted for Freeman last go around but he never had a chance. I'll NEVER vote for Mast again.

https://youtu.be/AqBQtcpaGUw
https://youtu.be/-7ITNuSymbA
https://youtu.be/nZAJf87gJR0
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top