Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/9/2010 11:36:33 AM EDT
I was thinking of making the three plus hour drive from Tampa to go the West Palm Beach fun show this weekend it. Is it worth the drive? I'm getting burned out on the Tampa shows and the douchebag on his Segway.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:54:38 AM EDT
thats a long drive.
i would say dont go
are you looking for something in particular or just to go

the last two shows i went to within the last year havent been anything to call home about
I even drove 1 hr each way
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:55:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/9/2010 12:06:58 PM EDT by Gatorhunt]
Last couple I went to it was pretty much the same damn people with the same damn crap (yes the idiot guy was there on his stupid Segway) ... I have skipped the last two or three shows but a friend of mine went to the last show and said there were some new people there with good prices on AR and pistol accessories and parts (wouldn't you know I skip that one). I probably will go and at least hit up the guy with the decent prices on ammo ... and maybe look around to see if anyone has a decent price on a quality 1911 ... don't think I'd drive three hours to attend though.

ETA .. I probably will attend Saturday so if your looking for anything in particular let my know and I could IM you afterward and let you know it's there and for how much so you could attend Sunday to hopefully snag it.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 3:59:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/9/2010 4:04:45 PM EDT by Reorx]
Originally Posted By OLI62:
I was thinking of making the three plus hour drive from Tampa to go the West Palm Beach fun show this weekend it. Is it worth the drive? I'm getting burned out on the Tampa shows and the douchebag on his Segway.
I live 5 minutes from the show and I like it but it's a mixed bag... there's the good, the bad, and the ugly... I wouldn't drive 3 hours to go to it - it's not that good... unless you have a friend or family you can visit here before or after the show... or perhaps you want to broaden your horizons and visit a completely different gentleman's club... or...

OBTW - there is at least one and sometimes several DBs on Segways at the WPB show! Don't know if any are the same DB you know in Tampa...

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:34:49 PM EDT
Segway = Shoot Straight. He rides around like he owns the place. If you go make every attempt to stand in his way when he's flying around the aisles saying "excuse me, can you move?"

I live about 20 minutes away. Went to a lot last year, but mostly to browse. I enjoy them, but not sure I'd drive 3 hours to attend.

The last ones I went to seemed to have a lot of knives, pans, jerky, computers, jewelry and other stuff not really gun related.

And on a side note, never bother paying the admission fee to that Electronics Discount show they sometimes have next door. A bunch of cheap outdated, used crap.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:59:04 PM EDT
Does he also sale Segway's? Saw a few of them at a Miami Gun Show last weekend.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:36:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/9/2010 6:44:53 PM EDT by America-first]
OK; I'll be that guy.

I like the show; there are plenty of guns and accessories as well some decent deals to be had lately.

If you like to finger fuck guns; you'll find plenty to handle and the Florida Gun Exchange has a very big selection and some decent prices too.

At last month's show I picked up a NIB SIG P220 Equinox Carry from them for $849 + tax which I don't believe is a bad price.

Segway Guy has his shit marked up stupid high but his boys will lower the prices if you're willing to haggle like a fishwife, but it's not my thing and it turns me off.

The ammo guys still haven't come around pricewise.

I think the show is worth the 8 bucks to get in and a reasonable drive to attend.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:58:25 PM EDT
Thanks for the heads up fellas. Still kind of on the fence but I've got nothing else to do this weekend.

Gatorhunt - Mostly looking for some high end 1911's (Wilson or Nighthawk) and maybe some interesting SBR's. I know Vito from Only The Best usually does this show and has some good stuff, albeit pricey.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:56:57 PM EDT
Thanks for the heads up fellas. Still kind of on the fence but I've got nothing else to do this weekend.

Gatorhunt - Mostly looking for some high end 1911's (Wilson or Nighthawk) and maybe some interesting SBR's. I know Vito from Only The Best usually does this show and has some good stuff, albeit pricey.

If it's high end 1911's you're looking for, there's a guy there with a couple presentation cases with Ed Brown, Wilson, and Nighthawk 1911s.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:31:39 PM EDT

Vito and the boys will deal if your serious...
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:27:06 PM EDT

I'm not sure if he'll be there this weekend but there was a guy there maybe 3-4 shows ago (hadn't seen him before) with a small table and display cabinet and that's all he had was high end 1911's. He had about 10 or 12 nice pieces ... mostly Night Hawk and I think he had a couple of Ed Browns or maybe they were Wilson's ... decent prices in the 1800-2200 range depending on the model.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 2:24:58 AM EDT

Originally Posted By DominicO:

If it's high end 1911's you're looking for, there's a guy there with a couple presentation cases with Ed Brown, Wilson, and Nighthawk 1911s.

That's Vito from Only the Best.............

http://www.onlythebestfirearms.com/

He'll be there.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 2:30:42 AM EDT
Originally Posted By M4:

Originally Posted By DominicO:

That's Vito from Only the Best.............

http://www.onlythebestfirearms.com/

He'll be there.

I remember that guy ... he's got alot really nice stuff and some NFA stuff (supressors and full auto). But there was a guy there that all he had was high end 1911's .. maybe 10-12 really nice pieces.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 2:51:37 AM EDT
Hey Fellas,
I won't be there this weekend due to some scheduling problems.

If you are in the market for high-end 1911's, please give us a call or drop by the shop in Pompano. We stock Ed Brown, Les Baer, Nighthawk, and Wilson. We let them go for under retail when we figure out you are a "serious" buyers.

Thanks a lot,
Vito
954-545-1321

for 1911's, ask for myself or Wayne.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:43:33 AM EDT

That same douchebag with the segways is in WPB in force. I think it is almost all the same vendors at every show...I will never, ever go to Melborne again...I am get nervous in tight places and that place was tight to the extreme.... I will be in WPB :-) IPSC Saturday at Port Malabar and gun show on Sunday :-)
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:41:13 AM EDT
I say stay home in Tampa––-and go to the big Lakeland show next weekend if you can.
Top Top