Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/7/2010 11:21:11 AM EDT
Is it just me or does this seem a little over the top? Admittedly the toy looks strange in the middle of the cul-de-sac like that. But it is a toy in a residential area next to a park. Not exactly a stretch to think it could have been accidentally left in the area seeing the location. If I saw it I would not call the police. I would probably go up and look at it. The Police said it had something hanging from it which made it look more suspicious. It looks from the picture that the thing hanging from it was the bridle for the toy horse.

If this were Baghdad or Afghanistan and I saw this then I would damn sure think twice but IED's are not an everyday thing in Suburban Orlando.

WFTV Link

Toy Pony Sparks Bomb Scare In Orlando

Posted: 12:16 pm EDT September 7, 2010Updated: 2:09 pm EDT September 7, 2010

ORLANDO, Fla. –– A child's toy sparked a bomb scare late Tuesday morning. The Orange County Bomb Squad was on scene investigating a suspicious device, a toy pony, on Whisper Glen Court in Orlando. Just before noon it was blown up.

The bomb squad sent a robot to investigate the toy pony.

The incident happened close to Waterbridge Elementary. The school was put on partial lockdown during the incident, but the lockdown has since been lifted.

Homes in the area were evacuated at the time. The scene was cleared on Whisper Glen Court around 12:30 pm.

After a thorough investigation, technicians have determined the object was non-threatening.

WFTV researched online and found that the toy pony costs $350.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:22:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Oops. Double Tap.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:54:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Well, thank God they saved us from Mr. McGlue.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 1:31:26 PM EDT
[#3]
RIP Butterscotch

Looks like some little kid will be in trouble when mommy and daddy find out the cops blew up their $350 birthday present.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 1:40:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Just wow

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 1:50:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:36:26 PM EDT
[#6]
The video is a hoot. When I was a kid, I didn't need the cops to blow up toys

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:00:20 AM EDT
[#7]
I bet it went something like this:

Bomb Tech: We've checked it out, it's a toy.  No big deal.
Supervisor: My kid's got one of those #%$#ing things.  All damn day long "Daddy, Mr. Pony won't take the carrot.  I think he's sick".  Drives me nuts!  Go get a charge, we're destroying it in place....
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:11:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Don't take much to scare the sheep.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 2:01:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I bet it went something like this:

Bomb Tech: We've checked it out, it's a toy.  No big deal.
Supervisor: My kid's got one of those #%$#ing things.  All damn day long "Daddy, Mr. Pony won't take the carrot.  I think he's sick".  Drives me nuts!  Go get a charge, we're destroying it in place....

i think was more like
bombtech- , its only a toy
supervisor  - damnit!  well were out here already, rig it to blow we need to look important. or they take the robot back.

but i like your version better
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:00:26 PM EDT
[#10]
The other day, I was walking down my street, and I saw a Big Gulp cup sitting upright down in the ditch that runs alongside the road. It looked from a distance to still have fluid in it.

Knowing that nobody EVER discards a perfectly good Big Gulp, I took steps to safeguard my community, and called the police. Then I left the scene to go make sure the neighborhood kids all had their helmets on while skipping rope, and safety glasses for playing jacks.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top