Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2010 10:00:10 PM EDT
Thinking of going to the meeting this month, and submitting an application.

I figure I spend anywhere from 9-15 dollars each time I shoot, which is anywhere from 2-4 times a month depending on the range.

So it would make more sense money wise, and safety wise to join a private club.  Just wondering if anyone else here is a member, how long do the meetings generally last, and how is the range in general?  

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 4:12:11 AM EDT
[#1]
I am a member out there.  Its a great range and most of the people out there are pretty good.  The meetings run about an hour or so depending on how much business there is to cover.  I think you will enjoy it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 10:00:58 AM EDT
[#2]
my dad was a member before he passed away.  I've been to the range as a guest and enjoyed it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 4:19:20 PM EDT
[#3]
one of the best ranges I have been to and can draw from holster and rapid fire so that is worth paying for
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 7:02:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Does all fire have to come from under the covered areas, or do you have the freedom to move around, kneel in the grass, or prone without the RO yelling at you?

Or is that what the action ranges are for?
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 1:57:00 PM EDT
[#5]
On the plinking range you can do that on the other ranges not sure about.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 9:10:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
On the plinking range you can do that on the other ranges not sure about.

Thanks for the info! Looks like I'll be going to the meeting on the 13th.

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 6:02:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Let us know how you like it, as I am looking for a good range to call "home" as well.  And I reaallllly want to be able to draw from a holster.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 5:00:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Been a member at CFRPC for about 18 months. Great range.

Go to the Monday meeting.
Attend orientation the following Saturday. Get approved for the 50 yard, 300 yard and shotgun course. The plinking range (25 yards) and 100 yard range are covered by the other two.
Come back twice within the month and shoot with an RO present.
Attend the following Monday meeting and attain full memebership.
Then shoot 3 matches and qualify for the action ranges.

The shooter has the freedom to establish the firing line as they see fit if no other shooters are present. Want to shoot from the grass and turn the 300 yard into a 250 yard? Fine. I suppose this can be done on the other ranges too, but I don't recall ever seeing anyone do it.

Rapid fire is welcome.

Drawing from a holster, moving and engaging multiple targets is welcome on the action range (10 bays). No ammo over 1600 FPS though. Handgun is fine, birshot is fine. If rifle, use underpowered (subsonic) centerfire or use rimfire.

About the only thing they forbid is full auto.

RO's are generally nice and I don't recall ever having one bother me.

If you want to see the range, go during a match. Try IPDA, IPSC, 3 gun or one of the many other matches. They are open to the public and will give you a good taste of the range.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:32:02 AM EDT
[#9]
I've been a member now for 16 years. Just like "Holdem" said, open air, good folks. Come on out on the 3rd Sunday when we have our "Ancient Assault Weapon Match" (Muzzleloading) and I'll give you the grand tour or will find someone who will. One thing, we are a TOTALLY, NRA club, it's mandatory, other than that it is "basic" range safety and common sense. Our RO's are here to asist you any way they can. The Glock Match is held here, Last Stand Cowboy Match, Bushido Tactical uses our range when they are giving a course locally. The only things NOT allowed here are full auto fire, bowling balls and pins (really bad for richochets) and night shooting unless you have permission. We do have a few Barrett 50's that shoot out here on the 300 yd line, you do know when they go off to. Just a note to tell you something else, we are a "Game Farm" and "QUITE" a few critters make their home here and they are protected, I do believe that the "Fox Squirrels" carry switcblades though. Come on out, take a look, you just might find what you've been looking for, a LOT of "like minded" folks.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:09:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Can't wait! All of the information you guys have given me sounds great!

If I can wake up early enough tomorrow, I'm gonna go by there and watch the 3 Gun Match and see the club in action (do i need to get there at 8? or can i come by anytime during the match?)

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 5:16:10 PM EDT
[#11]
I got out to the range today for the first time in a long while.  I took a couple of politically indifferent left leaning newbies out.  Judging by their comments and the ear to ear smiles we might have recruited a couple of more people to our side.  I do feel bad about intentionally spreading the BRD, but that is the price of victory.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 6:26:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I got out to the range today for the first time in a long while.  I took a couple of politically indifferent left leaning newbies out.  Judging by their comments and the ear to ear smiles we might have recruited a couple of more people to our side.  I do feel bad about intentionally spreading the BRD, but that is the price of victory.

Excellent Work! Left leaning to Extremely Rightwing! hehe

I got a chance to check the range out on Saturday, and speak with RO John DIckerson who was super helpful and informative.  Pretty much answered all of the questions I had, and sealed the deal for me on which range I'm joining.  

Will be going to the meeting tomorrow night.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 11:59:57 AM EDT
[#13]
I thought it was rained/mudded out so we didn't go.  See you there next month (weather pending)!
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 1:35:33 PM EDT
[#14]
I didn't get a chance to see the 3 gun since i got there late, but I think it still happened cuz they were breaking it down when I got there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top