Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/26/2010 10:50:52 AM EDT
I am looking for rifle ranges near Orlando FL.

where would be close????
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 11:27:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Central Florida Rifle and Pistol club is in South Orlando, you must be a member however.
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 11:53:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Are you looking for indoor/outdoor, rifle/pistol, getting a membership/or open to the public?

What side of town are you on, and how far are you willing to drive?
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 11:58:53 AM EDT
[#3]
im in the winter park area, and am looking for a range that will allow rifles, public is preferred, and when i was in Houston i drove 40 miles to a range, so that is about as far as id like to go...
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 12:18:53 PM EDT
[#4]
As much as I hate to give them any business, Shoot Straight, in Apopka, has a 25yd. indoor range, is open to the public (you must sign a "range agreement" waiver), and allows rifles & FMJ ammo on their designated rifle lanes.

It's on O.B.T./441, between Maitland Blvd/434 and Semoran Blvd/436.  About a 20 min drive from Winter Park.  

There are several other ranges in the area, but most either don't allow rifles, or require frangible ammo (that they stock at high prices).

If you're willing to drive to the Ocala Nat'l Forest, there is a free, open to the public, 100yd outdoor range.  Send me an IM and I'll give you directions.  It's about an hour-and-a-half drive from W.P.
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 2:16:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Seminole County Gun & Archery Association has a public day once a month on a Sunday, check the sidebar of this Link for the dates. Rifle out to 300, pistol, sillouette and plinking ranges, full auto and rapid fire on the plinking range. It's 15 or so from you, Fairbanks/Aloma(426) out to Geneva, off Oseola Road on the same property as the County Dump. Nice range, I'm a member there.

Metal gongs @ 100 and 300 on the rifle range
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 2:24:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Titusville Rifle & Pistol Club is about 35 miles from Winter Park. It has public access and range officers. If you go on a Saturday, get there early, as it can get pretty crowded.
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 5:16:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Tenoroc Shooting Sports and Training, Lakeland, FL

Here is a link...

dzc391
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 10:14:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Haven't been yet, but there's Shooting Gallery, not sure what kind of distances they have.

Shooting Gallery
2911 39th Street
Orlando, FL 32839-9217
(407) 428-6225

There's also Strickland's in Daytona Beach, 30-40 minute drive or so, and then Shoot Straight.

I'll probably be joining http://www.cfrpc.com/index.html since I shoot 3-5 times a month, it would be cheaper in the long run, and I won't have to deal with the noobs.

Link Posted: 9/2/2010 3:05:58 PM EDT
[#9]
well im going to try to get to the public day at Seminole on Sunday,  can I buy targets there, or do i need to bring them??

Link Posted: 9/2/2010 3:43:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
well im going to try to get to the public day at Seminole on Sunday,  can I buy targets there, or do i need to bring them??

Bring targets, the rifle range you need paper targets and for the plinking range you can shoot whatever you feel like bringing. I will be there if ya wanna say hey, look for the team florida ar15 shirt!
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 4:18:31 PM EDT
[#11]
ok...ill look for you,

im bringing an ar and galil that both need sighting in, and around 200 rounds of m193, and a bunch of brown bear 556 for as well.....dont know how the ar will like brown bear, but the galil has no problem with it
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 4:37:17 PM EDT
[#12]
woops double tap,..

Anyhow which range you gonna be on?
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 10:13:35 AM EDT
[#13]
The Public days at the Seminols range are horrible.  All the RSOs are complete Dicks and the firing line is packed to the brim.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 2:28:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The Public days at the Seminols range are horrible.  All the RSOs are complete Dicks and the firing line is packed to the brim.

The rso's are pretty annoying your right, i really also hate how they do the whole donation speech after every cold range.

Still free though
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 3:18:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
All the RSOs are complete Dicks and the firing line is packed to the brim.

Not all, but for the rest/most that is an understatement which is why I go early in the morning.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 8:41:29 AM EDT
[#16]
+1 , I hate the range nazis. Suffer through one session and join, never see them again. I show up weekday mornings when all the  wannabes are at their "day job" . Never go on weekends.

But the OP wanted a freebee, so RSOs is the price of admission on public day.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 12:15:53 PM EDT
[#17]
well i wasnt realy looking for free, just for somwhere i could pay when i went, without all the membership stuff...

but i will be there early, and will be sighting in using one of the 25 yard ranges.....
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 2:07:31 PM EDT
[#18]
TRPC has my vote.  As long as you know what you are doing and handle your firearms accordingly, the RSO's will not bother you.  The only down fall to this range is there hours of operations on the weekend, 0900-1300.  It's still a great range IMO!  
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 2:35:20 PM EDT
[#19]
i might try trpc on monday.

but ill try seminole tommorow anyway, as it is closer....
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 4:28:07 PM EDT
[#20]
The trouble with Titusville is that you cannot shoot without an RSO present. Seminole only has RSO's on public day or scheduled events. At Seminole, once you jump through the hoops to join, you can enter and shoot unsupervised on 4 ranges. Many a morning I've had the entire range to myself.
Plus, my understanding is you have to "qualify" and be supervised to fire on the long range rifle range as it's pointed toward SR 46 and over the hill shots have ugly potential.
I like to be left alone.....
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:16:43 AM EDT
[#21]
well, I went to seminole, was sighting in rifle, and managed to bend my front sight post, so I left after only firing about 60 rounds......

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 12:33:41 PM EDT
[#22]
I went to Seminole, 2nd shooter in the gate. I fired off about 200 rounds on the pistol range and left just as crowds were arriving. Of course, the RSO's hovered over me since they outnumbered the shooters 2 to 1. A good day, except for having to clean 4 guns when I got home.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 2:19:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The trouble with Titusville is that you cannot shoot without an RSO present. Seminole only has RSO's on public day or scheduled events. At Seminole, once you jump through the hoops to join, you can enter and shoot unsupervised on 4 ranges. Many a morning I've had the entire range to myself.
Plus, my understanding is you have to "qualify" and be supervised to fire on the long range rifle range as it's pointed toward SR 46 and over the hill shots have ugly potential.

Most ranges won't just  let you shoot at there 200,300, 1K range just because you tell them you can shoot at those distance and you own the best glass and rifle. You still have to exhibit to them that you are capable of hitting the target at distance.  Also, every time I've gone to TRPC there's at least one RO at each shooting area.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 2:49:17 PM EDT
[#24]
honestly, i didnt think the rso's were asses....

course, ive fired more rounds on boy scout camp ranges than elsewhere, and they are very picky (for very good reason).

id rather have picky rso's than a moron shooting while i was downrange, or other bad stuff.....

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:32:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most ranges won't just  let you shoot at there 200,300, 1K range just because you tell them you can shoot at those distance and you own the best glass and rifle. You still have to exhibit to them that you are capable of hitting the target at distance.  Also, every time I've gone to TRPC there's at least one RO at each shooting area.

I'm not saying it's bad, just that there's less hassle at Seminole. Once you demonstrate that you grasp the concept of all rounds impacting the berm, they leave you alone.

My buddy was a member At Titusville and it drove him nuts to have someone hovering over him while he shot.
Each to his own.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:36:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Inconelx,

Glad you had a good experience and hope you consider joining. It's a little steep for the initiation fees and berm fees, around $350 if I remember correctly, but then it drops to $120 a year and you can work some of it off if you want by logging work days on the range.

One morning in the safety class and checkout shoot, two monthly meetings, sign your check and shoot all you want.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top