Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/11/2010 9:56:42 PM EDT
I went to the Feb 2010 shoot there and it was great.

Don't miss this...
Link Posted: 8/12/2010 1:28:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/12/2010 2:46:17 AM EDT
[#2]
IN
Link Posted: 8/12/2010 8:54:23 AM EDT
[#3]
I would like togo sounds like a great time .I have heard that you can rent ?  or somthing like that .If that is so, how does it work? I have never fired a auto and would love to give it a try. Thanks for any info you can give me.
Link Posted: 8/12/2010 2:49:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/12/2010 3:00:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Can't make this one.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/13/2010 4:13:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Count me in then .That is so cool what cals. should i bring ? I have 223, 9mm, 308, is there any other i should have with me that day? Is there any thing else i need to know? thanks
Link Posted: 8/13/2010 3:54:09 PM EDT
[#7]
MATCH .308

Win 3131 and I'll let you try the LWRC M6A2 (FA!).

Hot factory pistol ammo and you can check out the: Uzi, MAX-11(both 9mm) and M-10 .45
Link Posted: 8/14/2010 5:53:31 AM EDT
[#8]
that is more then kind. You do meet some nice people on this site. Is winchester 124 gr.nato ok? were can i get win 3131? I am new to 308
Link Posted: 8/14/2010 6:37:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
that is more then kind. You do meet some nice people on this site. Is winchester 124 gr.nato ok? were can i get win 3131? I am new to 308

3131 is Winchester .223 and I'm just messing with you...PMC .223 is okay. We'll be running through a case+ of PMC.223 that day.

.308 Match HPBT is all we run...

9mm, we have SMG's so HP's are OUT (the deform on the feed ramps/cause probs). PMC doesn't seem to function 100% so we run hotter/better 9mm.

.45 PMC is okay as the M-10 will eat anything.

Here's the drill: Stop by, say hi, shoot a mag or two and meet more folks. I've seen that if you linger around a particular table you start to make the folks there wary..as they'll want to walk out on the range between shoots and don't want 'new friends' around a zillion in firearms...if you know what I mean. We actually had to ask some 'interesting' character to MOVE ALONG last Feb...otherwise the rest of the crew/crowd was a bunch on very good people. But that 'lingering weirdo' really made for a f'd up scene...especially when he wouldn't stop talking to my boys (a near death experience for him).

Link Posted: 8/15/2010 12:25:26 PM EDT
[#10]
I was stoked to catch this thread. I missed the fourth of July shoot.  But it looks like I'm going to miss this one too, I'm going to be out of town that weekend. Damn!
Maybe next time.  
I really want to get into a full-auto gun at some point in time.
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 5:08:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 9:40:32 AM EDT
[#12]
This will be my first time there, when is the best time to go? Is it real crowded first thing in the morning?
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 10:29:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 11:30:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Thank you very much for the info sir.
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 12:30:38 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm in that pic
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 12:56:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 4:14:11 PM EDT
[#17]
What is the long gun on the trailer?
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 8:45:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm in that pic

So am I.  

My guns are in that pic...I don't know where I was at that moment...

But I'll be there Saturday!

Link Posted: 8/30/2010 1:31:18 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 1:49:06 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 2:23:55 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 3:04:15 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I forget exactly what it is - 30mm IIRC.

http://i37.tinypic.com/vg2xyf.jpg

Thanks O21 that had to be the crowd pleaser of the day.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 3:25:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 3:37:22 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I forget exactly what it is - 30mm IIRC.

http://i37.tinypic.com/vg2xyf.jpg

Thanks O21 that had to be the crowd pleaser of the day.

My mistake, not a 30mm - but a French 25mm SAL Puteaux.

http://www.lovettartillery.com/25mm_SAL_Puteaux_1937.html

It's ok, What did it do to the cars

Link Posted: 8/30/2010 4:18:26 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

What do you expect? It's a french gun. The rounds surrendered a few feet before reaching the cars and laid down in the dirt.

Link Posted: 8/30/2010 4:46:40 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Quoted:

What do you expect? It's a french gun. The rounds surrendered a few feet before reaching the cars and laid down in the dirt.

I will say that this gun does not look DIRTO*.

Dropped Intentionally Right There Once
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 9:18:13 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 9:55:13 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Never been to Hernando, but it sounds like it's well worth the drive. Is there usually some sort of an ARFCOM rally point or is it not that big?  

This time of year, as it's still plenty warm outside, it's usually not as busy as the February shoots are.

Arfcom attendance on the firing line varies, I've seen a real "meetup" there, although various members will be there.

I'm not going to make it this time.

Link Posted: 8/30/2010 11:55:14 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 12:38:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Never been to Hernando, but it sounds like it's well worth the drive. Is there usually some sort of an ARFCOM rally point or is it not that big?  

This time of year, as it's still plenty warm outside, it's usually not as busy as the February shoots are.
Arfcom attendance on the firing line varies, I've seen a real "meetup" there, although various members will be there.

I saw that- so we'll have to get together elsewhere; hopefully I'll get to meet some of the others there. I'll see if I can't bring and fly a BFL flag so I can finally meet some of you FL ARFCOMmers.  

You're always welcome to join the Southwest Florida crew for shooting and camping at Babcock-Webb Public Shooting Range. We'll probably have the first camp out in November.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 12:48:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 1:56:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I saw that- so we'll have to get together elsewhere; hopefully I'll get to meet some of the others there. I'll see if I can't bring and fly a BFL flag so I can finally meet some of you FL ARFCOMmers.  

I'll be working as RSO on the firing line that day. I can hold a nice spot on the line for you if you would like  Just look for the RO with a SA TRP 1911 on that will be me or ask for George B.  
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 3:09:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 3:47:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Quoted:
I'll be working as RSO on the firing line that day. I can hold a nice spot on the line for you if you would like  Just look for the RO with a SA TRP 1911 on that will be me or ask for George B.  
George- save me a spot behind a quad-fifty or even a mini-gun.

I'm attending just to go watch and meet some folks, but I'd like to get the GF to fire some cool toys, so if you know anyone that might be able to make that happen, let me know. I'll definitely look you up.

Anyone know if there's food there? I'm willing to bring some grub and cook it up if people are interested... we can set up an ARFCOM hospitality tent.

Most of the ARFCOMers are just right of the gate

I'l have my M16 with me , BETA MAG and 1000 rnds of ammo  Your welcome to give it a run

Hot Dogs and hamburgers in the Cub House.  Bring a cooler for drinks

Link Posted: 8/30/2010 7:10:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm attending just to go watch and meet some folks, but I'd like to get the GF to fire some cool toys, so if you know anyone that might be able to make that happen, let me know. I'll definitely look you up.

Anyone know if there's food there? I'm willing to bring some grub and cook it up if people are interested... we can set up an ARFCOM hospitality tent.

Good idea Mr. A!

A lot of arfcomers go...isn't Tony K a regular at Hernando? I met him there (finally) in Feb. We'll (me and my two sons, Benny 14 and Nick 12) be right around the gate (center). We got there just about first last Feb and had a great half day of shooting as we ran through $2000 in ammo before noon!
I'm bringing the arsenal and any arfcomer's are welcome to run 'em (especially (perhaps only) if you bring ammo unless you OWN arfcom or something cool like that) except for the M-10 .45 as it runs wild...its no 'first machine gun' experience.

Big fun had by all last time and we look forward to meeting more arfcomers.

Link Posted: 8/30/2010 11:14:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Good idea Mr. A!

A lot of arfcomers go...isn't Tony K a regular at Hernando? I met him there (finally) in Feb. We'll (me and my two sons, Benny 14 and Nick 12) be right around the gate (center). We got there just about first last Feb and had a great half day of shooting as we ran through $2000 in ammo before noon!
I'm bringing the arsenal and any arfcomer's are welcome to run 'em (especially (perhaps only) if you bring ammo unless you OWN arfcom or something cool like that) except for the M-10 .45 as it runs wild...its no 'first machine gun' experience.

Ben were there for the 4th of July?

Link Posted: 8/31/2010 1:40:39 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 8:34:51 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Good idea Mr. A!

Islamorada EVERY 4th of July...Gotta fish sometimes

Link Posted: 8/31/2010 5:27:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Good idea Mr. A!

Will your MAC eat Winchester white box ?  I might have a box or two left here some place

Link Posted: 8/31/2010 5:42:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Good idea Mr. A!

Will your MAC eat Winchester white box ?  I might have a box or two left here some place

Both of them (MAX-11 and M-10 .45) will eat white box Winny's w/ease. Just no PMC for the MAX-11 or the Uzi.

Link Posted: 8/31/2010 6:14:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 1:43:39 PM EDT
[#43]
One more bump to see whos in
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 4:09:45 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 4:50:52 PM EDT
[#45]
I am so looking forward to this . Firing full auto has got to be a rush!!! I am new to all this ,only been shoting for about a year or so but I am hooked . If you see a middle aged man about 6 foot ,thin as a toothpick wearing a orange Danny Hamlin tee that will be me please come over and say hi and share a pepsi.

P.S please feel free to let me run a mag see you  Sat.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 5:07:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Scott,
I will be on the left side of the firing line almost at the end. I will try to remember to wear my ARFCOM hat. Please stop by and have some fun!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 7:03:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 1:07:43 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 3:25:01 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Welcome to FL...

Link Posted: 9/3/2010 11:19:16 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top