Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/3/2007 5:48:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Funny I dont own a Lambo or a Rolex for that matter. They are master ripoff artists, and will take whatever is presented to them. Like I said, if they were as 'nice' as you say they are they would be as big as Lou's. They need to keep a few customers happy to stay open, you must be one of them.
Link Posted: 4/4/2007 10:02:02 AM EDT
[#2]
let's stick to our own experiences, and not bash everyone elses.....

oh I got the better deal,...

no you didn't they stink...

hoo hoo hee hee ha haha hah a

Link Posted: 4/4/2007 10:43:26 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Charlies Armory is one of the bigger ripoffs in the county. Dont go in there looking like a greenhorn, because they will definately try and take you for a $600 XD9, or a $550 USED RIA 1911, a $350 weapon NEW! Staff is non caring and pretty much going to ignore anyone not looking like they have $1000 to spend in there shop.

Interesting -- They always match or beat Lou's prices for me.  

When I went there for a Glock they said go, to Lou's they can sell it for less than they can. There is a reason its standing room only on Saturdays at Lou's. I do call around before I go to Lou's just in case someone has what I am looking for because, they are  just too far for me.
Link Posted: 4/4/2007 3:26:41 PM EDT
[#4]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:
Charlies Armory is one of the bigger ripoffs in the county. Dont go in there looking like a greenhorn, because they will definately try and take you for a $600 XD9, or a $550 USED RIA 1911, a $350 weapon NEW! Staff is non caring and pretty much going to ignore anyone not looking like they have $1000 to spend in there shop.

When I went there for a Glock they said go, to Lou's they can sell it for less than they can. There is a reason its standing room only on Saturdays at Lou's. I do call around before I go to Lou's just in case someone has what I am looking for because, they are  just too far for me.

Is this you Tom? The same AR9mm from FSN?
Link Posted: 4/4/2007 4:58:44 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is this you Tom? The same AR9mm from FSN?

Yes, it is. How are you?
Link Posted: 4/4/2007 5:12:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I am good dude. Are you going to the shoot in Homestead?
Link Posted: 4/4/2007 5:37:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Sure, why not. I am going.
Link Posted: 4/4/2007 5:39:28 PM EDT
[#8]
lets keep this on topic guys ...
Link Posted: 4/4/2007 6:03:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Okay. On Topic.  Went to Big Al's in Hallandale this evening to sight in my new Eotech on my also new 9mm AR.  It's been a while since I went there last.  Cheap to shoot there at a $5.50 flat fee.  All they wanted to know what guns I was shooting and if I had full auto they would want to see my docs.  Everyone was very friendly.  When I was done shooting I picked up a speed loader for my S&W snubby.   While browsing I struck of a conversation with Nick a salesguy there who seemed very happy to talk guns.  He was not looking for a sale just seemed happy to chat for a while about various gun topics.  In one of the cases there were some suppressors, threaded barrels and even an AOW shotgun.  I will definitely be going back more often.  Anyone want to meet up there one evening and shoot let me know schedule permitting.
Link Posted: 6/3/2007 4:45:26 AM EDT
[#10]
This needed a bump and a couple add-ons ...

Florida Armory ... I normally leave there with sticker shock but I asked them if they would order me a Gemtech Outback II and they said they would and would gave it to me at a fair price.

I just received a Gemtech Outback II I got from them and the transaction was perfect.  Price also was the same it was online.  They gave me copies of all the paperwork in a nice little envelope customized with my information when I filled out the paperwork and again when it was completed.  They must of shipped out the paperwork really fast because it only took 24 days from when I signed the paperwork till I got it back.

Delta Hawk Firearms

I recently picked up a transfer at Delta Hawk and got to know them a little better.

They are very nice people and gave me great customer service.  So far the service is the nicest I have seen in Miami so I will be giving them more of my business.  If they go class 3 and have fair transfer rates they may be the perfect gun store.

Their current transfer rate is $25 + $5 for the call-in.

Here is a scan of their business card.

Link Posted: 6/3/2007 11:09:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Aces - went there yesterday because I didn't want to go to Trail Glades in all that rain; I haven't be there in a while, mainly because the owner has always been an a***hole to anyone and everyone. Yesterday was a bit different, the owner is actually saying "thanks for coming" now. However, if you ask any of the employees a question, they ask the owner and you then have a conversation - with the owner - via the employee, which is most annoying and a bit rude when the owner is 5 feet from you. He needs a lesson in manners.

Charlie's - infinitely better than Aces, way nicer people who are willing to help. I've never had anything pushed on me, and never been ignored in the shop either; whenever I've asked about the price, they always say they may be able to deal, although their deal prices are never as good as you'd get on the Internet.

I did have one problem with Charlie's though - the gunsmith they use put night sights on one of my handguns out of line and he even damaged the rear site, there's scratches on it now.

Florida Armory - wanted $300 for a BM stripped lower receiver a few weeks ago..... no thanks, I may be new to AR-15s but I'm not stupid; but other than that they seemed quite nice.

I must get to this Lou's place.....
Link Posted: 6/3/2007 5:01:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Thx for the pin :)
Link Posted: 6/3/2007 5:40:29 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I'm having REAL issues with Ace's at this time.  I will post up more info when my transfer is complete.

This is a REAL LONG rant guys -- sorry for the long read ...

Ok Took me almost 2 months to post on this but I think I have cooled enough now to be rational about it ...

So I purchased a gemtech Raptor .40 form a SOT on this forum.  Its been out of production for about 8 years so I had to go online versus a local class 3.

I called Aces and he would do the transfer for $50 Plus the call in.  He faxes the FFL to the seller and the wait begins.  This was my first transfer so I email Aces and ask them a couple questions on the process.

I get ignored.  I email a couple days later asking if i should add it to my trust already since it is technically mine and I get a one line response.

YOU CANNOT ADD IT TILL YOU HAVE IN IN HAND

I ignore the rude response and lack of response to my previous email and just wait till they receive it.  I know they were assholes and did not want to push it.

Seller emails me and says the transfer to my SOT has been approved and he is sending it off.

I email the local SOT and let him know.  I ask to please let me know when it gets there so I can come in and do the paperwork.  I get no response.  A week later I email him again.  NO RESPONSE.  I finally get the seller to track it and find out it was received days earlier.  I call and was told they called me at home to let me know it came in but there was no answer.  I mentioned nothing about how annoyed I was that they did not respond to my emails nor did they call me at the other 2 contact numbers I provided. Again I did not want to push it.  I ask when can I come in and do the paperwork and they tell me whenever I want - and hang up the phone -- no goodbye -- just a click.

I get to the location and the owner, George is gone so the guy behind the teller begins to assist me.  He slams the paperwork on the counter and says "do exactly what I say" Name here ...  etc and just begins to bark orders.  I comply with a smile.  When we get to the certification section I ask if I need to place my name or the trusts name in the box.  He VERY RUDLY says, DO WHAT I TOLD YOU -- I ask again, are you sure -- He says "Im the one who works here and I know what the fuck I am doing here, dont question and do what I tell you or your not getting your can"  I take a break and walk outside to cool off and ask a buddy to verify.  I walk back in and continue to fill out the form as he orders.  When he asks for the $200 stamp I pull out my checkbook as I already had a check made payable to the ATF.  He says NO CHECKS.  I say, why not? he says the ATF does not take checks.  I say I may be new to transfers but you are mistaken, I know for a fact that they do since they recently cashed two of mine for several SBR's i recently completed.  He says "I dont make mistakes, but takes it anyway and says Ill let George deal with you.

The next day I get a call that the paperwork is wrong and I need to come in.  I come In and I am required to fill out the paperwork again, Not told why but I fill it out again.  As I fill out the paperwork I have to listen to George, the owner yell at me about how dare i question his employee.  He Barks commands about what to print where like the other idiot did the night before.  I just want my can so I shut-up and do as told.  After the paperwork is filled out I get handed my check and told "I dont take checks made payable to the ATF, its has to say "alcohol tab....".  And that because he does not trust me he wont take another check.  He only wants cash.  I asked why he wont take the check and he throws the paperwork and SCREAMS "Im done" Im sending your can back to the seller and you are not getting shit -- get out of my store NOW!.

I leave -- at this point I just want to walk back in there and beat his ass but I know better.  Amazingly enough I kept my cool the entire time and was not going to lose it now.

I immediatly call the ATF and explain the situation.  They say they know of him and have had several similar problems in the past but there is nothing they can do to get him to finish the transaction.  If he wants he could just transfer it back to the seller.

I cool off the next day call him and kiss ass apologizing for MY ACTIONS --I did nothing and was not rude and disrespectful but I realize with a total power hungry fuck like George I need to just kiss his ass if I wanted my can -- so I did.  I went back later that day and gave him cash.

When the paperwork got back I went to pick it up.  He noticed me and handed the paperwork to an employee and said give this to him.  I grabbed my paperwork and left.

I should of listened to EVERY review of this shit hole and avoided it.  They are assholes and deserve to be shut down.

Link Posted: 6/4/2007 2:54:27 AM EDT
[#14]
I posted a similar complaint about George the owner of Ace's a while ago. He is a certified psych kob with limited knowledge of ATF regs. After accepting a transfer of a Colt 6920 he wouldn't release it to me because the sender did not have an FFL. He didn't realize the regs call for only one in the chain to have an FFL, not both. Only after I told him I talked to ATF & threatened  him with an inspection did he relent; three weeks down the toilet.
STAY AWAY FROM ACE'S. That should be a banner on ar15.com

Jorge
Link Posted: 6/4/2007 4:37:41 PM EDT
[#15]
National Guns

my buddy has used them twice, once for an 870 and the other for a DPMS M4.  Friendly guys, reasonable prices, and honored his military ID for a discount (5 or 10% or something)
Link Posted: 6/4/2007 7:28:03 PM EDT
[#16]
miami police supply, well what can I say about that f#cking singao ladron, o boy I guest this guy is a escape convict from raffer turned FFL dealer.
Link Posted: 6/4/2007 7:29:26 PM EDT
[#17]
miami police supply, well what can I say about that f#cking singao ladron, o boy I guest this guy is a escape convict from raffer turned FFL dealer.
Link Posted: 6/4/2007 7:32:10 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I was there the other day, the owner spent some time with me showing me some of his favorite items and was willing to chat for some time about guns.  Seemed nice, but you know how that can be.
Link Posted: 6/5/2007 9:35:28 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was there the other day, the owner spent some time with me showing me some of his favorite items and was willing to chat for some time about guns.  Seemed nice, but you know how that can be.

MPS is real close to my house.  Delta Hawk is a little further.  I bought an HK USPc .45 from MPS several years ago.  Within a month or two it had a fatal failure causing it not to fire.  I went back to MPS and they shipped it to HK.  I believe the failure was a broken firing pin.  The gun was still like new with less than 200 rounds.  When it got back they tried to bill me for what obviously was a warranty repair.  I questioned the charges and they ended up not charging me.  My point is they should have never try to pull that on anyone.  I have visit them every long while to see if I find anything interesting and I see them at the gun shows.  I may consider buying from them again if I see something interesting.
Link Posted: 6/5/2007 6:52:03 PM EDT
[#20]
This may be worth cross posting as an additional comment on Ace's :

It gets good around page 2-3 ...

floridashootersnetwork.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=18047

GUYS IF YOU GO THERE TO POST, BE NICE !!!
Link Posted: 6/5/2007 7:06:15 PM EDT
[#21]
height=8
Quoted:
This may be worth cross posting as an additional comment on Ace's :

It gets good around page 2-3 ...

floridashootersnetwork.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=18047

GUYS IF YOU GO THERE TO POST, BE NICE !!!

Oh that's classic; I wonder if he's read this thread too...
Link Posted: 6/23/2007 12:19:59 PM EDT
[#22]
AMC Gun Shop & Police
1800 West 68th Street, Hialeah FL

Biggest rip off in my humble opinion. I went there to buy some ammo. They over charge and the ammo itself was in crappy condition. I'm talking about this stuff looks like it was under water..... They have a grudge against Lou's. Like they want to burn down his store grudge. They work gun shows but I've never bought from them expect that one time at te store.

Kodiak Army Navy Store
W 49th ST & W 1st Av Hialeah FL

The owner is kinda rude. I went in to buy some boots and I was trying them one. He said this himself "Are you going to buy something or just try on boots." I never have given him my business again. Also he has some rifles that have been sitting there since the store opened. They're all over priced.

S.A.A.R. Gun Shop
W 49th ST & W 8th Ave Hialeah FL

The owner there is 100% asshole. Prices are insane. I have no clue how they stay open. He has alot of nice C&R Mil Surp rifles in there but the prices are insane. Customer Service does not exist there at all. At Gunshows this guy is a complete jerk off. Captain Asshat lists right off his website that Surplus GI AR-15 30rd magazines cost $59.99 a pop... http://www.saarmfg.com/mag.htm

Lou's Gun Shop & Police Supply
Palm Ave & E 21st PL  Hialeah FL

Great group of folks. And I'm not saying that because I used to work there. Danny knows his shit but Ray is the man in my opinion. Frank is 100% Hialeah Navy Seals and knows just about anything and everything about tactical gear and If you're LEO/Fire/Military they treat you like god. If you're a civilian they'll rip you off unless you know your stuff about firearms and the market. Only down side is small store and the fact that they don't work gun shows.  

Rumor mill has said that Lou's lost the LEO GLOCK sales and it went to National's in Broward. I have no clue if this is true.

Homestead Gun Shop
S Krome Ave & Flager Homestead FL

I was there when he opened his doors. Prices are too high for ammo and firearms. He stays in business because he is really the only gun store in the Homestead/Redlands area.
Link Posted: 6/28/2007 7:42:42 PM EDT
[#23]
+1 for DeltaHawk Firearms:

Just completed a transfer there today. Nice clean shop, very smooth transfer. I would do business there again for sure.....

$25 for the transfer, $5 for the call in.
Link Posted: 7/1/2007 10:48:55 AM EDT
[#24]
1st time posting on this forum, hello all!

unbefuckinleivable how close you guys hit Ace's on the head.
I will never send another dollar their way. OVERPRICED, rude, arrogant, assholes.
very unprofessional, I ordered a g22c from them simply because I needed it in a hurry, the short bald guy (forgot his name) promised it in 2 days. came back 2 weeks later. their only response after leaving us waiting in the lobby 30min before ansering a simple question, where is it? after it finally arrived. at about 80$ more expensive than the competition, you think he would of offered me 5 min to test it on the range? nope. he charged me 15$ for 50 rounds of 40sw, 10 bucks for both of us to use the range, (how do you charge twice for one slot? shouldnt we get two lanes then?) I ended up spending almost over 40$ for 10 mins of shooting and 50rnds... what a joke.
i remember a couple of years ago when i went with my m4 to ace's, I had jsut bought it and wanted to cycle a few rounds through it to see how well the new mag followers fed, and to see how well it performed. I gave a quick 5 shot burst in rapid fire and the guy came running and shouting from the office as if he was going to attack someone. he shouts: who the fuck did that? i calmly looked over and said: me. whats the problem? he threatened to take my rifle from me and throw me out and bitched up a storm that made my ex look like a sweetheart. i ended up emptying the rest of my mag and i packed up my stuff and left.

as for other gun shops, I'd definately reccomend Charlies Armory, Florida Armory (a little more expensive than Charlie's, but twice the selection) Gun Country - I usually buy from them at the dade county gunshow at tamiami. good prices, good people.
now i definately gotta check out Lou's. After all the comparisions and good comments, I'm most probably getting my next one there. Hopefully soon. heck but lookin forward to checkin the place out.

-alex
Link Posted: 7/10/2007 1:13:16 PM EDT
[#25]
I was calling around to different gun stores to see if they had any spare CCP applications lying around...there was a problem with my original and they sent me another one..which I inadvertently messed up.

So contrary my better judgment I call Aces as it was the first number on my cell phone(I have been meaning to take them off for a while now) and ask them if they have any spare apps lying around. (I know they do because I have seen them at the store and they do the CCP course)

I explain the situation and am told to hold on, after a few minutes of horrendous hold music I am told that I will have to be charged the $75.00 fee for the course if they give me the app.....I ask for that last sentence to be reiterated to me just in case I didn't hear right and then ask the guy is he is serious and told him that I didn't need the course...just a blank app, his response to that was "Yeah, I know it sucks, but hey..."

I ask again clearly.....just in case he didn't hear me the first time that all I needed was a blank application.. the response was "Yeah, well we can't because we will have to tear open a whole packet"

I am then told to come down there to speak with the instructor about the course, and the application....I thanked the gentlemen for his time and hung up.

I was speechless...how can they charge $75 for something that they can order hundreds off for free......

Link Posted: 7/11/2007 9:43:01 AM EDT
[#26]
Ace's Indoor Shooting Range & Pro Gun Shop
A few years ago my co-workers and I would go there every couple of weeks to shoot. I’m talking about 6-7 guys each visit. Then one day one of my friends shoots down the return cable on the target with my AR. Not purposely, it was a bullet fragment that ricochet of the trap. He was charged $40 to string it up again. A few week’s later another friend of mine had the same thing happen to him and had to pay $40. Mind you, most of these guys were buying the ammo, getting eyes, ears and targets there. On another occasion I was called back to work and had to go. I went up to square up the bill and the guy refused to give me back my ID until my friend came out. So I was pretty pissed about the whole situation. After that, we haven’t gone back. A friend of mine told me they recently jacked up their prices something ridiculous. If I ever go back I’m going to walk out to the middle of the range and drop a deuce. I would love to throw hand grenades at his traps just to what him weep.

Personnel:
There is an old guy (70+) there sometimes that’s okay I guess.
The owner which is in his late 50s early 60s is a massive cock.
The big fat guy is a POS! He might know a lot about sucking cock but not much about guns.

Prices:
Guns = Expect to pay more and zero negotiation.
Range time =  I think its cheaper to walk out to your front lawn and turn it into a shooting range, get arrested, and pay bail & court fees than what it costs to shoot at this range.

Pantera Guns & Reloading Center
The brother and cousin of a friend of mine had a good history with them. I can’t remember the owners name right now (I think its Shawn) but he’s alright I guess. Prices are like retail list price plus 10% or something. I did the CWP class with him and he was pretty cool, let us shoot his .50 at the range. Almost forgot, he hates Berettas and loves 1911’s end of story. There is no point in arguing with him since he's always right even when he's wrong.

Lou's Police & Security Equipment Inc
What can I say that hasn’t already been said. I used to go there with my old man when I was 5 years old and half the place was a hardware store. Manny has always treated me like one of the family. Good people and great prices.

Florida Gun Center Indoor Shooting Range
I’m kind of indifferent with them. I go there because it’s close to me. A cop friend of mine used to work there before he became a cop. I went to go shoot my suppressed p22 (with form4 in hand) and they went ape shit. Didn’t let us shoot. Told us to “go to the other Hialeah range were the colored people shoot”. I’ve gone back and have shot it anyways without telling them of course. Other than that they are alright. Prices are fair.

Hialeah Range & Gun Shop
They've been there as long as I can remember. I once put a deposit down on a rifle and my old man didn't approve of my purchase. I went to go get the money back a week later and they had no reservations in giving me my money back. They have recently renovated the range and it has A/C now. Minimal gun selection /w old guns mixed in.

South Dade Jewelry and Gun Exchange Inc
I haven't bought any guns from them but have used them for a transfer. They were cool. If anyone knows a good cheap place to do transfers with around the Miami Springs to Pembroke Pines area could you PM me.
Link Posted: 9/15/2007 2:05:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Just bought a gun at Florida Gun Center in Hialeah.  Not only I was very happy with the price they gave me, but I was also very pleased/impressed with the level of excellent, knowledgeable service received.  

Also, the store hours have changed.  I think they now close at 9PM, which is going to work nicely for me if I want to shoot after work.  

Link Posted: 9/15/2007 3:10:13 PM EDT
[#28]
IPSC On Hollywood has some good prices on pistols.

Their G19s were 465 last I checked.
Link Posted: 10/13/2007 3:10:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Have been to Aces a couple times this month, the attitude
seems to be much better, their selection is quite good, their store
is well kept and uncluttered, and about the prices? Well
what does the market bear?  I purchased a S&W M&P15t
and got it for a good price, they did bargain with me and
dropped the price $100.00 making it as cheep as about anywhere.
When I go shooting there they call me by name and
thank me for my business. personally I have not had any problems
with any of them and one big plus is I do not have to venture into the
third world W-49th street style traffic, that  is more dangerous than
a gun any day.                          
Link Posted: 11/8/2007 7:27:10 AM EDT
[#30]
New Shop in Miami
Security Arms International
12169 South Dixie Hwy
Pincrest Fl 33156
305-253-7600

I didnt see a post here yet so here we go. The store is new and they are eager for new biz. The prices seem to be on par with most stores. Inventory is small but they have several pistols and a few rifles.  They are doing transfers for $25. They are also a class III dealer.
Link Posted: 11/14/2007 2:31:02 PM EDT
[#31]
1770 W 38th Pl
Hialeah, FL

Those jerks, father an son are nothing but a pair of a..holes. the on-site gun range sucks, overpriced ammo and if you spend one minute over the hourly rent they will charge you for an extra hour. Ill never set foot there again even though I used to be a customer of theirs.
And dont even think of picking up one single spent shell from ythe floor.
Link Posted: 11/18/2007 5:34:54 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
1770 W 38th Pl
Hialeah, FL

Those jerks, father an son are nothing but a pair of a..holes. the on-site gun range sucks, overpriced ammo and if you spend one minute over the hourly rent they will charge you for an extra hour. Ill never set foot there again even though I used to be a customer of theirs.
And dont even think of picking up one single spent shell from ythe floor.

When was your last experience there?  I go there often, and there's no "father and son" type employees there currently, and the complete "vibe" of the place has changed considerably within the last year.  Awhile back there was a young guy who was kind of a prick, but he's no longer there.  The owner (who doesn't actually work the shop, I believe), hired a new manager for the place, and it feels like a whole new world (for the better), from what it was in years past.  

The also never have hassle me about picking up my brass, and their indoor facility is a as good as if not better than the other indoor ranges i've been to in Dade/Broward.  

If you haven't been there recently, I recommend that you give them another chance.  If the experience you had was within the last couple of months, I'm surprised.    

Link Posted: 2/4/2008 6:11:03 AM EDT
[#33]
*Update*

Jet's Florida Outdoors no longer sells firearms untill further notice. They were burglurized and lost alot of inventory. Their insurance skyrocketed afterwards, and they closed the policy to keep open for business.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top