Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/21/2006 7:28:31 AM EDT
The last I heard, CLEO would sign off form 4's for machine guns (although he won't for anything else).  Can anyone confirm this with recent information?  If he *did* sign for you, how did you handle it, mail it to him w/ a cover letter, stop by the office?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 11:52:14 AM EDT
[#1]
tag...

Mike
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 1:00:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Do a Trust is is so much easier and faster. U get it back alot faster, no photos,no fingerprints, no tax stuff to worry about.  It cost me (nothing) to set up, Thanks Stangboy555.OUT. Tuna
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:14:15 PM EDT
[#3]
John Rutherford is a great man and he will check off on your form 4. Call the office at 630-0500 and ask for the sheriff secetary number. She will set up a date and time for you to see him. He is a great man !!!!  bring a photo nof your safe to show him and it helps. have your finger prints done and tell him its an investment. I see him alot and he is very fair.

Slug-O-Matic
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:48:50 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
John Rutherford is a great man and he will check off on your form 4. Call the office at 630-0500 and ask for the sheriff secetary number. She will set up a date and time for you to see him. He is a great man !!!!  bring a photo nof your safe to show him and it helps. have your finger prints done and tell him its an investment. I see him alot and he is very fair.

Slug-O-Matic

And that is why you are waiting longer for the RDIAS.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:18:54 PM EDT
[#5]
well, I have been talking to a certain few individuals who deal in class III stuff and the idea came up how   would he handle the sign off on a MP5SD? Or a M16 with a can? Of course the MP5SD is a class III machine gun but the gun has an intergal can, would he sign off on them?

It was suggested that you send both forms to him, one for a machine gun then another for a can, you can always change your mind if you don't want the machine gun and just the can.... IF you catch my drift, you just need a CLEO signature saying you Can Have XXXX Machine Gun, or XXXX Silencer, or XXXX SBRs.

You don't have to provide the proof that you already have one purchased. OR at least that is to the best of my understanding.

Hey tuna, long time no see.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 1:05:06 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
well, I have been talking to a certain few individuals who deal in class III stuff and the idea came up how   would he handle the sign off on a MP5SD? Or a M16 with a can? Of course the MP5SD is a class III machine gun but the gun has an intergal can, would he sign off on them?

It was suggested that you send both forms to him, one for a machine gun then another for a can, you can always change your mind if you don't want the machine gun and just the can.... IF you catch my drift, you just need a CLEO signature saying you Can Have XXXX Machine Gun, or XXXX Silencer, or XXXX SBRs.

You don't have to provide the proof that you already have one purchased. OR at least that is to the best of my understanding.

Hey tuna, long time no see.

Same to U Jake. I need to shot more often.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top