Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/19/2006 9:10:55 AM EDT
FIRST THINGS FIRST

I don't know how many of you have read my story of what happened to my camcorder, so click the provided link and scroll down until you find my explanation.  Otherwise, here's the pics of my last camcorder.

Click the Thumbnails for a Full Resolution Copy.

I initially wasn't even going to show up today as TODAY is actually my wife's due date to have our third child.  I woke up and my wife was still not making any progress from what she made a week ago.  I looked her in the eyes this morning and asked, "Are you sure I can go to the shoot?  I'm not bringing my guns so I can leave at a moments notice!  Are you sure!"   She gave me a positive yes several times over and off I went.

I'm sure some of the guys were surprised to see me show up but I guess the surprise was more on me.  About 30-minutes into shooting Steve (darth_pavoris) had called a sudden and unexpected COLD RANGE and yelled, "Tom Fernandez front and center!!!"  He then gave this William Wallace Mel Gibson Braveheart Speech and they had presented me with a new Digital Camcorder.

There's not much I can say guys for yall doing this and it was completely unnecessary.  You've all become the greatest group of friends that I have in my life currently and look forward to another awesome year of shooting and doing what the hell ever we come up with.

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO DID THIS!!!

Now onto some more pics!

Click here for a HIGH RESOLUTION copy of the Group Picture with no names.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:22:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Random pictures, not in any kind of order.

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:39:55 AM EDT
[#2]
SORRY NO PHOTO'S!! I want to thank you guys for a GREAT time, I can't wait for the next one :)
I am very proud to be surveying my "FIRST SHOOT BRUISES"....hooraah!!!! And even more proud to be a part of such a fantastic group of folks. Thanks for making me feel so welcome.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 1:12:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Great time, thanks everybody for showing up,
Lot of nice toys this time, Josh: You da man for giving up your firing pin to get the other Aug running, that was nice!

Check the link for the pictures I took, too many to post here, If you see any you want a full size copy of, let me know.

Picture link
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 2:59:28 PM EDT
[#4]
More pics posted.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 3:47:42 PM EDT
[#5]
i had a great time. till my phone went off twice to calls of 2 of my freinds dying in seprate instances yesterday. i have 1 funeral tomorrow to go to another at an unknown time.

Tom glad you liked the gift. your videos helped the group grow. we figured we'd do something nice for you.

thanks to Dan and Jeff who supplied the grub.

Thanks to that big ddue with the 45-70 revolver. that was cool!

thank you Tim for letting me shoot the .500 that was um AWESOME!
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:15:26 PM EDT
[#6]
thanks guys, that was alot of fun... i needed that!

great pic's.....
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 3:21:54 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
i had a great time. till my phone went off twice to calls of 2 of my freinds dying in seprate instances yesterday. i have 1 funeral tomorrow to go to another at an unknown time.

Tom glad you liked the gift. your videos helped the group grow. we figured we'd do something nice for you.

thanks to Dan and Jeff who supplied the grub.

Thanks to that big ddue with the 45-70 revolver. that was cool!

thank you Tim for letting me shoot the .500 that was um AWESOME!

Thanks again for cooking the grub!

Sorry to hear about your friends.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:36:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:58:44 AM EDT
[#9]
looks like you had fun.  nice hardware, too.  
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 10:34:01 AM EDT
[#10]
So I take it the mascot is an ar-15 minivan?

In all seriousness, thanks for the pictures looks like yall had a good time
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 12:10:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Too bad I missed another one, Hopefully I'll catch y'all next time
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:10:48 PM EDT
[#12]
It's not often that Tom is speachless......

If you had started to blubber...  we were gonna take you down and mess up your hair.

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:23:08 PM EDT
[#13]
well i had to do it....

see a grown man cry... click here...

good luck, god bless, and enjoy your new baby...

p.s. thank the wife she let you go. it saved us a trip.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:19:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Nice rich

Quoted:
well i had to do it....

see a grown man cry... click here...

good luck, god bless, and enjoy your new baby...

p.s. thank the wife she let you go. it saved us a trip.

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:52:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Well I'm sad I missed it in person.  But glad you got it on video.  That's Awesome.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:20:01 PM EDT
[#16]
l
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top