Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2006 1:27:31 AM EDT
You guessed it (Let's move to Florida!!!)  She visited St.Petersburg, Clearwater area. Said everyoune was friendly, but drove like madmen.  A realitor told her 1,000 people a day move to Florida 'It's gods waiting room'. Well maybe , but not right away, she needs to finish her degree this august and start her masters in nursing.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:51:21 AM EDT
[#1]
My wife is an RN here in SW Florida. Nurses can just about write theirown tickets! Real shortage here in "God's Waiting Room".
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 3:31:08 AM EDT
[#2]
One good thing about Florida is that people can move out on the highways.  80-85mph is pretty normal. 90-95 isn't uncommon. I drove back from WBP the other day and everyone was going over 90.  It was great.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:21:26 AM EDT
[#3]
When my wife and I moved down from Jersey, we encountered a lot of snowbirds-parttime winter residents who had a place here and up north. I, personally, didi not want to maintain two residences. That was 12 years ago. Now we are looking for a summer retreat somewhere around easternTennessee. The summers here are brutal. We would like to get away for about 3 months in the summer. Just something to think about.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:37:51 AM EDT
[#4]
you can pretty much call it the standard to go 65 in a 45 in most areas
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 1:01:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for replies, We are drawing up a 2 year plan to make it happen. If I can hold up my end of the deal, I'll be 45 and retired.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:11:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Hey, I just moved down here from IN.  I was raised in the SE corner and went to school at Purdue.  What part of the state are you in?
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:25:38 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Thanks for replies, We are drawing up a 2 year plan to make it happen. If I can hold up my end of the deal, I'll be 45 and retired.

What hospitals is she looking at and in which department of nursing.

LMK I can help her stay away from the BS.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:12:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Ft. Wayne area,  she is working med-surge right now . Home hospice or geriatrics is where she is most comfortable.

Nothing is cast in stone yet, and plans change, it's just I'm ready to see something besides corn & high school dropouts. If I see one more 18-20 year old with 3 kids , that are clueless . ...........Well you get the picture.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 4:13:23 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Nothing is cast in stone yet, and plans change, it's just I'm ready to see something besides corn & high school dropouts. If I see one more 18-20 year old with 3 kids , that are clueless . ...........Well you get the picture.

Hell, man, we have our share of those dumb asses too. The midwest doesn't have a lock on that, believe me.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:04:41 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
One good thing about Florida is that people can move out on the highways.  80-85mph is pretty normal. 90-95 isn't uncommon. I drove back from WBP the other day and everyone was going over 90.  It was great.

word! was going down i75 yesterday cruising at 80 in the RIGHT LANE!
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 2:31:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Now that's the way people should drive. Now I can pass in the passing lane!
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 1:14:43 AM EDT
[#12]
She said there was homes (waterfront) going for 300k , but I'm having no luck finding them.  

Is looking for beach house  something everyone does when considering Florida?

I'm starting to feel like a newbe here at ar15.com,(How do I make that ar15 full-auto; How do I get a beach house for nothing?)

Well I guess me and google have a mission this weekend.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 1:44:13 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
She said there was homes (waterfront) going for 300k , but I'm having no luck finding them.  

Is looking for beach house  something everyone does when considering Florida?

I'm starting to feel like a newbe here at ar15.com,(How do I make that ar15 full-auto; How do I get a beach house for nothing?)

Well I guess me and google have a mission this weekend.

I think youll be lucky to find a run down condo for that
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 12:05:52 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

If you want that shack John Candy stayed in while in Florida in his 'Summer Rental' movie, you can get that for about $500,000.

I'll sell you my 5 bedroom, 3 bath, 3,200 sq/ft 2-story in a nice Tampa neighborhood about 2 miles from the water for $400,000.  It goes on the market next month.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 11:11:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 6:09:17 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

and you will not have any luck for that price. The cost of living on the water in this area is almost insane.

Hint:

Try the Engelwood area, south of Sarasota.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top